Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best e-Mail Client for Managing Multiple POP3 Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the best e-mail client you have found for managing multiple POP3 accounts on your domains?

What e-mail client do you find best at managing 20 to 100 differnet POP3 e-mail accounts? Have you found a great program for handling multiple POP3s?

Outlook express doesn't seem to like switching between multiple identities easily.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

:cool:

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I would say the best is Eudora, I manage 4 POP3's there, and it's so easy to use. Open it and all your accounts are checked, I found it much easier than Outlook. :D

www.qualcomm.com

Just curious why don't you forward all into one or two big mailbox(es)?

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Goh: Incoming e-mail is easy to forward to a big box, yes, but I like to write back using an e-mail address at the domain name itself, and POP3 accounts are perfect for that.

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotsofdomains you can still forward to a main box and reply with the identity of the domain (templates in mail program for replies) - try either eudora or the bat! (i prefer bat) - outlook is sheit anyways.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Eudora - Pegasus - OutLook (not express) in that order.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can get Outlook Express to work for multiple POP3s only as to incoming mail. For whatever reason, even though I have se all the accounts to the same properties, it allows only one account to send outgoing mail.

I'm sure there is a feature being set automatically by my POP3 account provider, which provides an automatic Outlook Express install, but once I have used the auto install ONLY that account can send and receivemail, while the others accounts can only receive mail. At last resort, I am going to uninstall all the accounts and manually install a couple, without using my POP3 provider's auto install program.

If anyone else has encountered a similar POP3 issue, please let me know. Thanks.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The bat, wow, I haven't used that program for ages. I didn't even know it was still around. I am off to search for it again now.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Microsoft Outlook XP is the best email client for handling mults, including your Hotmail account, bar none.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Outlook 2k works for me.

I can send an email from various accounts quite easily.

Lats...

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www.123-reg.com

Free catch all mail forwarding

Free 100 seperate e-mail forwarding addresses

You can now buy POP3 mail boxes directly from 123-reg! Rather than forwarding email to other addresses for collection, you can now store and retrieve it directly from 123-reg's POP server. Each separate box costs only £10 per year or 10 for £80.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I vote for Eudora. I have 3 POP accounts, but a LOT of different personalities set up. Switching among them is a simple click.

I NEVER would use Outlook. A lot of worms / viruses look to exploit security holes in MS's shoddy product.

-Bob

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your feedback.

I have been able to configure Outlook Express so that in handles outgoing e-mails, except that mail sent to an AOL address through outlook, instead of directly from the POP3 server, rarely arrives. There is some quirk about signing on and off identities that is imperfect in the XP version of the program and causes AOL to ignore (or not receive) the e-mail. Even if I sign off an identity, if I do not reboot the machine the next time the e-mail client is opened I will go straight to the purportedly closed identity.

I am at this time just trying to switch between two POP3 account identities, but am giving up on the program, unless any of you have a fix for me.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AOL purchased Netscape, yes. And???

Outlook Express company has Internet Explorer. What a coincidence! Just a joke.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I switched hosting companies. Amazing what that will do for your access!!

:cool:

You mean switching between Linux based server to Microsoft based server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators