Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best Flash software for newbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMiner.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for software with little learning curve? I've heard of a few which basically makes the whole thing for you in a couple clicks :)

Domain Summit 2024

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plus, there are templates and pre-programmed presentations that are 100% editable to your personal design.

Some are even free, but have issues attached like requiring linkbacks, or displaying the programmers information.

Good Luck,
WebCat

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right. I second that.

For a person with absolutely no artistic abilities (me), swish
does the trick and make the stuff look pretty damn professional.

Well worth the money!

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi DomainMiner,
I suggest this..

Go to macromedia.com and download the 30 day trial of Flash - install it and go over the few easy tutorials - do these slowly and completely which should take an afternoon.

Next, start playing with the programs and post any questions you have here and I will answer them for you and if time permits will even make a demo to explain anything you require.

I have worked with Flash since the futuresplash days and have written a great deal on the subject.

Go for the real deal (Flash) and I will help with the learning curve!

Rog.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats George! (wedding)

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL

Nitroshock

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Swish is easy to use. It's at:

http://www.swishzone.com/
I agree with George. Flash is good and all, but for newbies, swish is the way to go to produce professional results by "clicking a few buttons".

If you are a newbie and start off with Flash, you'll probably end up with crap like this:
http://www.stinkyhobo.com/movie1.html

Just goes to show you, programmers usually aren't very good at making things look pretty. Go with Swish.

-Nitro

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com

He was joking...not really getting married

Ooops.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
George, you got me. I was impressed that you were posting that. And, then, you got me.

4tex. I tried that 30 day trial with Dreamweaver. It totally over whelmed me. And, I gave up.

Too bad they don't make the learning curve easier with Dreamweaver.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almost like dreamweaver but easier to handle:

Namo Webeditor

Almost selfexplanatory.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree there is a learning curve with MM (Macromedia) products but you can achieve a great deal if you put a little time in.

It takes you away from the small 5 page home site to some great developments.

I think that Dreamweaver/ultradev/coldfusion have an OK learning curve - meaning a weekend will get you past the basics and developing - Flash on the other hand will take about 4 days to a week before you can start developing anything decent.

Years ago I also spent (almost typed wasted!) a lot of time with the easier to use programs and wish that I had jumped into professional programs from the start - I could have been developing better sites quicker for sure. The only useful thing I gained was the basic footing/knowledge + I understood why not too use those programs and why to use professional programs - same as why not to use FrontPage etc.

Anyway, if anyone wants to learn any of the above mentioned programs I am willing to spend the time answering any questions you have that will help you to learn/progress.

Well it's late here and I have not slept for a long time.

Take it easy,

Rog.

Ps. If I made any grammatical mistakes it is because I just finished a business dinner and they made me drink whiskey, well they did not pin me to the floor and force feed it to me - ahh, you get the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom