Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

best place for selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone

Newbie here! Could you recommend (based on personal experience, preferably) any good sites with high traffic where one can sell domain names (besides afternic).

Also, is it true that when u sell the domain name , you (the seller), as a rule, have to pay the transfer fees?

Thanks in advance!

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

Hey,

I got a great place! Its called DNForum.com, check it out you can post all of your domains and receive the exposure so that people will purchase the domains!

LOL, sorry

Jim

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by cash4allae

Also, is it true that when u sell the domain name , you (the seller), as a rule, have to pay the transfer fees?

I don't think there's any rule, it's just up to the seller. Also try www.greatdomains.com www.sedo.co.uk and try doing some targetted e-mailing to other people with similar domains (but less valuable) - Try searching your domain in www.namedroppers.com to find other people with similar names.

Y

yahtool

I would have to say Ebay has been the best site to sell my names. Granted, most of my names are developed, but they do have a category for domain names. I sell my developed names in the Businesses for sale / Websites category.

Believe it or not, I sold a site for 2.5k that was listed at the following website.

www.websites-4-sale.net

They'll only list developed sites, so don't bother if there's no content on the domain.

While GD and AN are grossly saturated with names that will only be found by someone that wants to waste a few hours searching their database, their chat room is a pretty good source. Lots of buyers are in there and you may get some advice from the other chatters.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply
how much does ebay charge to list. Does it charge by single domain name or one time if you want to sell say five names.

Also, when you sell, who is the one who pays transer fee. buyer or seller?

QualityDomains

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
EBay charges per listing ie one domain is charged at the same price as 5 domains, it is only one transaction. You are best listing your domains separately though, as someone may not want all domains but only one and therefore be put of buying the others.

Charges are on their site (somewhere, they hide them well) and are very reasonable, from what I remember they charge depending upon the starting price.

It is up to you (as the seller) who pays the transfer (and escrow) fees, generally I would expect the buyer to pay or you could always split the price 50/50.

IMO You won’t get as much on Ebay as elsewhere but you should get a quicker sale.

J

jimb

Originally posted by QualityDomains

IMO You won’t get as much on Ebay as elsewhere but you should get a quicker sale.

Like with any deal, the more time you spend talking, the more the price raises. Also, on Ebay may domains go without any bids, simply because the starting prices are much higher than anyone is willing to pay.

Jim

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Which reminds me..

Jesus christ, is EXPLORER.NET still on sale at eBay for however much it was on sale for, lol. I just remember always seeing that when I checked eBay out, it was some rediculous number..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators