Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BEST PLACE (or method) to Sell a Domain Name Nowadays???

johnishere

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, maybe someone can save me some time on this issue. I haven't done much active domain name selling since 1999 (I had dumped most of my small portfolio by then). I sold a few leftovers around 2003. I've got one or two laying around that I'm tired of looking at (decent names, but non-premium), but I just . don't . have . time to start exploring around to see what's the current hot spots or auction venues for selling DNs. I do have one caveat though: I'm not a big fan of the mandatory 7-day thing - where the only potential buyers are those who just 'happen' to catch a glimpse of the domain name in that 7-day window. Even back when I was active, I could go several weeks without checking any listings.

SO THE QUESTION IS: Are the auction sites still a decent place to dump a domain name? Are any of the forums seeing any decent transactions? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

It's not like it needs to be top secret when people comment about their own domain names... so, this last one that I have (for now) is ProductIncentives.com
We were working on a prospect 'coupons, discounts, rebates and product incentives' website a few years ago, but shelved the project and never got back around to it.

Like I said, it's not premium, and it is 2-word - but, at least it's not one of those oddball 2-word names that some kid figured if he wished really, really hard, he could 'make' the name make sense... like www.ScissorsApples.com (sorry if that's one of the DNs that someone here owns).

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try to list names in as many places that you can, but ensure that you're following the guidelines of each marketplace.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Sorry to say but this looks like spammer, have observed many such old accounts and 1 or 2 messages, come on, possible hacked account and mentions a domain which is free to reg.

johnishere

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but this looks like spammer, have observed many such old accounts and 1 or 2 messages, come on, possible hacked account and mentions a domain which is free to reg.
HAHA! No, not spammer. If I was I would've followed up with putting the domain in a couple of other sections or something. I just mentioned the domain name because it always happens that someone will post something about a domain, and then everyone is curious about 'what kind of name could it be?'. Like I said originally, I just don't do much domain name work anymore... not since the late 90s, early 2000s. (I started registering DNs back around 1995, back in the days of InterNIC - when the Internet was pretty much a U.S. government [the National Science Foundation] ).

johnishere

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
...... and mentions a domain which is free to reg.
"Free to reg. ?" After conferring with Watson, I'm starting to think that in a double-cross plot twist, that YOU sir might be the spammer! Since if you had used any WHOIS, you would've seen that the domain is 'not' free to reg!

Domain Name: PRODUCTINCENTIVES.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1586614485_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: tucows
Updated Date: 2021-09-19T12:36:08Z
Creation Date: 2010-02-25T04:24:38Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-02-25T04:24:38Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
"Free to reg. ?" After conferring with Watson, I'm starting to think that in a double-cross plot twist, that YOU sir might be the spammer! Since if you had used any WHOIS, you would've seen that the domain is 'not' free to reg!

Domain Name: PRODUCTINCENTIVES.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1586614485_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: tucows
Updated Date: 2021-09-19T12:36:08Z
Creation Date: 2010-02-25T04:24:38Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-02-25T04:24:38Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
You mentioned scissorsapple in com but no one owns that domain.

johnishere

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You mentioned scissorsapple in com but no one owns that domain.

Yeah.... don't you just hate it when spammers
come to a forum
and bad-mouth a domain name which is available
in order to use reverse-psychology
to get you to run out and register that domain name
even though the spammer is not the registrar
and doesn't mention any particular registrar
and therefore the spammer won't make any money from said ploy!
(???)
hahaha

Nah, it's cool. I also usually keep an out for spammers and bots.

P.S. Well, on the plus side.... at least it's good to know that somebody never bothered to register {that domain name}. It restores my faith that the world hasn't gone completely mad. ALTHOUGH.... Now I am a little concerned with how exactly did you know that the domain name was "free to register".... unless you checked it because you gave it a thought about possibly REGISTERING IT FOR YOURSELF! AH HA!

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
about possibly REGISTERING IT FOR YOURSELF! AH HA!
Hi,
I saw your name and wondered if anyone can register such a name. I didn’t check it, no need to do it now as we know it's not registered. But yes, there was a possibility to check it but not for registering myself.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

doesn't look like spammer to me.
also, you should give "paid members" benefit of doubt and not jump to conclusions without factual evidence.

as for best place.... there is no best place.
there are only places and spaces,
so best to add your name to as many as possible with respect to each platforms restrictions and reservations.

imo....

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi @johnishere
I have read your first post wrong, English is not my native, sorry.
Welcome to DNF hope to see you here more.
P.s. I would never register that domain name you posted, but I recognize when I have begin domaining I have register one 8scissors and dropped it, learned the lesson that not all with 8 number domains are good.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators