Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best registrar for my 200 domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register for the auction

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I went with an enom reseller account in the end. Moniker did not reply to 2 emails I sent them, while I discovered enom have a UK helpdesk open UK hours which I can call free. I tried it out and was speaking to a very friendly and knowlegable rep within 1 minute! Also it was great to be able to try out the features using their dummy site before I signed up and paid the deposit.

With only 200 domains, I could not really justify depositing enough to get the $6.95 rate, but $8.95 is a huge saving anyway over many of the registrars I currently have (as a result of pool.com catches), some of which were charging $50+. The next phase is seeing how amenable these tin-pot registrars are to transferring out domains!

Thanks once again for the advice!

Paul.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good move. I always transfer out my snap wins on the 61st day after acquisition so I never forget any of them. Snap will help you if you have a domain at a crappy registrar.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Monte is on this board as monikerman or something like that.

Have you tried calling?

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rob: Thats what I plan to do too from now on. I have already lost two domains where I could not get into the scrappy registrars to renew them and could not get through to their customer service to help me. These were at dotforce.com and ar.com - These were both pool.com domains and Pool also ignored my requests for help. (In fact I have to say I have never had a reply from Pool on any support request)

I was suprised to find there is no help from Internic either, so as far as I know in these circumstances there is no place to turn, I just lose the domain.

I will probably end up buying the domains from Pool again when they are released - nice business to be in!

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Avoid pool.com. That is an example of how to miss a huge business opportunity.

Pool and snap were started around the same time and they are lightyears apart in every aspect.

sellmhi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Give 1isi.com a try. Accounts are free, cost is $6.95 for resellers and there's no up front commitment. As little as $50 account funding gets you going.

andre

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am the owner of http://www.1coms.com If you want I will give you a reseller account: .com / .net / .org $6.95 with no minimum deposit. If you move ALL your domains (200+) over to 1coms I will charge $6.49 per domain transfer (.com .org and .net)

pm me if you need further information.

Thanks

Andre
1coms.com

ashok854

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can try QualiSpace.com

they are ICANN accridited in the name of OwnRegistrar.com

i am ussing them from long time...

-Ashish

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I must also say that Moniker is not that good. I have a TON of names about to expire, I sent a PM to MonikerMan and he said that Moniker would take care of me and to email [email protected]. I did so, and also copied Monte. I did not hear back from them and after a week sent a follow up to Monte on 7/24/07... he still has not responded!!

Be careful of Moniker. I suspect that they have poor customer service.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I must also say that Moniker is not that good. I have a TON of names about to expire, I sent a PM to MonikerMan and he said that Moniker would take care of me and to email [email protected]. I did so, and also copied Monte. I did not hear back from them and after a week sent a follow up to Monte on 7/24/07... he still has not responded!!

Be careful of Moniker. I suspect that they have poor customer service.
Most of their reps have AIM now -- you could talk to them there or better still give your account rep a Phone Call. Though I have also had LONG delays with email but directly talking with account rep was faster. =)

I'd also vote for moniker.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom