Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best social networking software?

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can do what you like with it,it is open source apart from their logo which you have to pay if you want it removed..........no major design limitations as far as i'm aware.....

bulldog- do you mind sharing the site, im just interested in checking it out.

cheers

www.chat-alot.com although we have not touched the site for over 1 year,major work is in progress.....;)

markbowling

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks good and not really that big of a design limitation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a developer to make a dating site. I want something that looks really stylish and elegant. Not much budget though. I have looked at the examples in this thread; have not yet seen a design that I really like, but even so I need a developer to help me set it up.

Kevin

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a developer to make a dating site. I want something that looks really stylish and elegant. Not much budget though. I have looked at the examples in this thread; have not yet seen a design that I really like, but even so I need a developer to help me set it up.

Kevin

One of the best designed social networking sites in joomla i have seen in along time i have seen is rude space.http://www.rudespace.com

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I prefer cloud or hosting solution just like ning, this is what I'm using for www.RandomPage.com for almost two years now. You other alternative is socialgo.com with membership payment system in place. I haven't use the service, looks good.

Regards,
EM @ KING.NET

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats o.k if you want a small scale social anything big forget it,you need to use a flexible cms imho.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You all really need to check out Boonex.com - the software simply rocks.

The only problem comes in finding coders who can modify the script...pm me if you want to see my site which I use this.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think the best way of making social network would be going with joomla , take one of the social network component and hire a coder to work with it . That will be simply awsome

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think the best way of making social network would be going with joomla , take one of the social network component and hire a coder to work with it . That will be simply awsome

That is exactly the way to go imho as well........

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Odd I should stumble on this thread when I spent most of yesterday searching for a good social network software program.... You wouldn't believe how many bad reviews you can find out there, mostly from Russian developers.

If anyone here built a site using "socialengine", would you mind posting or sending me a link?

I checked out the showcase sites and they look very impressive.

Thanks!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom