• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Best Use for a .US Name

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
6,088
Reaction score
62
Just picked up this name, partly because I liked the sound and partly because it is very versatile. What do you think would be the best use for it:

OpenSpaces.us


I thought about large tract real estate, like properties that are 1-acre or larger. Maybe even a broader view - areas of the country where there are very large tracts of open land for sale.

The term gets very good Google numbers and decent Overture too. Registered in all other extensions.

Could also refer to openings in programs that are difficult to get into.

A lot of the Google references are to Parks & Open Spaces, so it could also be a directory but I would think that would be tougher to monetize.
 
I think about RV campgrounds located throughout the UnitedStates. Content might contain maps, amenities, fee's, photo's...ect.

Gary T.
 
Yep, RealEstate name is what it brings to mind..

I landed Archiver.US earlier today..

At first I thought I wanted it for a US search engine/directory ..
but having second thoughts..
 
Archiver.us - that's another one with a lot of versatility. I like those kinds of names - the more options the better. I think really large tract real estate would be the way to go the more I think about this name. With increasing urbanization people are longing for wide open spaces. I didn't think it was a great name but the imagery had so much appeal for me I decided to take it. Living in a congested city as I do, it'll be worth the $7 just to dream of acres of wide open land everytime I see it!
 
Originally posted by garyted51
I think about RV campgrounds located throughout the UnitedStates. Content might contain maps, amenities, fee's, photo's...ect.

Gary T.

Not a bad idea there either Gary, as RV's do rent spaces. Of course I could do that on a completely different subdomain:

RV.OpenSpaces.us and save the main site for large-tract real estate listings.
 
Yeah - Even I felt I was "reaching" on this one Doberry. I think the real pull was just the imagery. This one may never pan out, but every now and then you eat a donut, just because it tastes good!

Of course you are a New York City boy so your idea of a wide open space is an empty urinal next to you in the restroom! :)
 
Originally posted by Duke of Earl


Of course you are a New York City boy so your idea of a wide open space is an empty urinal next to you in the restroom! :)

Hey...I live on central park :D

Florida's open space=the light of day through herds of tourists :eek:
 
You've obviously never been through the interior regions (well south of Orlando). Nothing but nothing for miles and miles. That area is so boring the three people residing there long to live in a congested city just so they can see another human being. I am also going to reg ClosedInCrevices.us to sell them 200 sq. ft. apartments in the city!
 
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
You've obviously never been through the interior regions (well south of Orlando). Nothing but nothing for miles and miles. That area is so boring the three people residing there long to live in a congested city just so they can see another human being.

Hey....I go offshore fishing is west palm every summer...and I hit South Beach too :eek:


Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I am also going to reg ClosedInCrevices.us to sell them 200 sq. ft. apartments in the city!

You are right about open space in NYC... People will happily spend $2K a month for a boiler room in the basement of a chinese restaurant....:eek: No free chop suey either!

Good luck!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom