Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Bido: We Are Back

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a few months of being away, Bido is back in business. We missed you, don't ever doubt it.

We're excited to continue where we left off, in order to further the platform, promote social auctions, and present auctions of items that are in demand. People from the old staff will continue to serve you and to the Bido community, as before, and with a refreshed spirit.

We've moved into a shiny new server space and rebuilt our auction architecture. The front end has stayed the same and everything you have become familiar with on Bido is where you'll remember it to be. We've also planned a few improvements and new features that we'll unveil in the near future. We're committed to the continuing improvement of Bido.

Please follow our main Twitter account for information on upcoming enhancements and the most active auctions:
http://www.twitter.com/Bido

We also have these sub accounts where we will announce some featured items up for auction and for voting:
http://www.twitter.com/BidoAuctions
http://www.twitter.com/BidoVoting

And if you liked Bido before, become a fan on our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bido/162430367111714

We have also a new official blog, please bookmark it and add it to your reader: http://blog.bido.com

As part of the transition to make Bido better, we're very eager to hear your feedback. We encourage anyone who would like to be a part of the evolution of Bido to kindly send us your thoughts and ideas. Our feedback portal can be found here: http://feedback.bido.com

If you have any questions or comments about your account, our auctions, or the transition overall, please be sure to get a hold of us via our support desk: http://support.bido.com

We're looking forward to seeing you on the platform. If you're interested in a tour of the system to learn all about how Bido works, please reach out and we'll be glad to walk through it together with you.

Now is a great opportunity to bid on domains currently listed on Bido, as well as to list your domains that are for sale. They'll have some good exposure. Visit the site and load your domains into the system: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains.

Regards,
Jarred and
The Bido Team

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Welcome back Jarred, so Sahar is not with Bido anymore?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome back - what was the reason for the close down before?

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wb

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: Back,... Jarred,

Hope things work out for you and Bido. :yo:

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarred bought bido?. :)

Btw, are the folks from dnZoom still there in the team?. Sahar is recuperating from stint with bido i presume.

My advice would be to stop spending in on development and start spending on marketing now. I think the problem was Bido was too over developed and complex for normal folks to understand and it went unnoticed except from the closely knit domaining community.

And it would be great to see you folks start domain parking services similar too Sedo. This would attract many visitors and get many new signups. I strongly feel that Sedo needs a good competitor. Its dominating now.

Anyways, I wish you guys. All the best. I hope you guys stick on forever and kick some arse.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Jarred, so Sahar is not with Bido anymore?

Thanks Theo, glad to be back. That's correct.

welcome back - what was the reason for the close down before?

The old founders became tired and wanted to move on to other things. As was said, verbatim: "In short, it just did not work for us. I should add, this does not mean we couldn’t have made it work in six months or a year or two, just that we were tired of trying so hard, and decided to move on."
So with that said, Bido will pick back up right around where we left off and go from there.

Jarred bought bido?. :)

Btw, are the folks from dnZoom still there in the team?. Sahar is recuperating from stint with bido i presume.

My advice would be to stop spending in on development and start spending on marketing now. I think the problem was Bido was too over developed and complex for normal folks to understand and it went unnoticed except from the closely knit domaining community.

And it would be great to see you folks start domain parking services similar too Sedo. This would attract many visitors and get many new signups. I strongly feel that Sedo needs a good competitor. Its dominating now.

Anyways, I wish you guys. All the best. I hope you guys stick on forever and kick some arse.

Thanks E. The dnZoom folks are not involved. About the advice, thank you. We hope to simplify things and focus efforts differently now and make it less confusing, and easier to use. We know what people like, we tried quite a few different things, and we'll build on our knowledge from the past. I take compliment in your words though, thank you. Some of those modules we had built that you remember were maybe ahead of their time, like the guarantee program..
The voting system, though, where we crowdsource the selection process of what goes to auction, thats easy to understand, right? I think it takes a second to comprehend if you are new to the site, because its not used anywhere else, but once you get it, I think the rest makes sense, right?
All feedback and suggestions appreciated.
With the community's support we can do a lot. I want to make the site easier to understand, easier to use, faster, and overall give a great experience for those who take the time to come to Bido to buy or sell, or to vote or observe the auctions, etc.

I hope that gives a little more insight. Thank you all who posted, means a lot to us.
I may be reached at [email protected] if any DNF'ers ever need anything, you know I love you guys.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You wana bet one dollar..................Bido Will FAIL again!!!

Because, its still confusing and lame site to use. Welcome back Bido.com, and this time you guys will fail faster than last time.

Change something, and learn from your failure.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You wana bet one dollar..................Bido Will FAIL again!!!

Because, its still confusing and lame site to use. Welcome back Bido.com, and this time you guys will fail faster than last time.

Change something, and learn from your failure.

Well it didn't fail for me...I sold a name there for $1000.

Did you even try it?

I actually enjoyed the voting for names and making a few bucks when they sold...it was almost like a test to see if I could pick good names or not.

I'll be using the platform again Jarred

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made a couple of good sales there, but grew increasingly frustrated with the flood of nearly worthless names that they listed each day (so that the decent names got lost in the shuffle). Tweaking the voting system may help with that problem, but until it is solved, Bido will fall short of its potential.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back I hope you plan to auction off some domains that are worth more than reg fee this time.

Not looking forward to your ceaseless spam though.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it didn't fail for me...I sold a name there for $1000.

Did you even try it?

I actually enjoyed the voting for names and making a few bucks when they sold...it was almost like a test to see if I could pick good names or not.

I'll be using the platform again Jarred

I assure you that bido will fail again. Because its hard searching through the names and voting etc, you are lucky u sold a name for 1000. But yes i tried it i gave up, dont like the platform at all.

Enjoy the bido you love, but for me, its still a failure, and it will close again, if they dont change anything, they have to keep it simple stupid, not too much complex platform

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bido should filter the domains get before it comes to voting. In a pile of domains some good ones go unnoticed. I get pissed off seeing crap for 2-3 mins and i switch site:)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assure you that bido will fail again. Because its hard searching through the names and voting etc, you are lucky u sold a name for 1000. But yes i tried it i gave up, dont like the platform at all.

Enjoy the bido you love, but for me, its still a failure, and it will close again, if they dont change anything, they have to keep it simple stupid, not too much complex platform

You "assure" us BIDO will fail? What qualification do you have to make that statment?

Were YOU made privvy to their 'new' business plan and capitol funding?? NO!!!!!!

So IMO you are talking out your behind. :lol:

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You "assure" us BIDO will fail? What qualification do you have to make that statment?

Were YOU made privvy to their 'new' business plan and capitol funding?? NO!!!!!!
Tell me why Bido is going to succeed this time instead :)

It looks like little has changed on the surface.
Perhaps the inventory improved a little bit, but I see plenty of .eu domains.

Seriously, they have failed twice already, 3 strikes you're out :)

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell me why Bido is going to succeed this time instead :)

It looks like little has changed on the surface.
Perhaps the inventory improved a little bit, but I see plenty of .eu domains.

Seriously, they have failed twice already, 3 strikes you're out :)

First enlighten us with your definition of succeed...

The engine behind the site is done which is a huge part. They have experience in what works and what doesn't. If they make $1000 a week it may be enough for them to call it a win, who knows.

I heard a quote this week...can't remember who said it but they were successful.

"I failed my way to success"

it's what we all do really.

Anyone that gets knocked down by the first two pitches and gets back up to the plate gets my applause.

Last edited:

lawdog

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have used bido before and wish them luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom