• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Big Trouble with the 95K sale of MarketIVA.mobi

  • Thread starter Thread starter H2FC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yoyosean, am not sure of what happening now .. i didn't receive any thing from Sedo yet i just waiting and see what will happen :)

go into transactions. confirm your address etc & which registrar it is at etc for this transaction.the buyer will do the same.you can then follow the progress.
you may have to wait a week or two for the money . sometimes longer.
once it goes past 10 days, chase the broker.
sedo being shut on the weekend is their single biggest fault. everything grinds to a halt, it will add time to the sale.
fingerscrossed for you.
keep us posted
Pred
 
PREDATOR, thanks for advice .. already i confirmed my registrar and other informations and waiting to see what will happen :)
by the way, i tried to contact Mr John Berryhill as you told me in previous post here http://www.dnforum.com/member.php?u=1506,the man asking now body to send him PM while i didn't find his mail :(
 
Not to get off topic, but I have a similar situation ... a name I registered is:

<domain>.tv

There is a trademark on the word <domain tv>, although it states:

NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "TV" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN

Does this mean I am okay with owning this domain name?
 
Not to get off topic, but I have a similar situation ... a name I registered is:

<domain>.tv

There is a trademark on the word <domain tv>, although it states:

NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "TV" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN

Does this mean I am okay with owning this domain name?

Interesting. Im going throught the same thing with "(domainname).mobi". I think its all up to WIPO. have you gone that far with this?
 
If you do get the 95k...hook us up with some chee$e dude...or we will cry.
 
Interesting. Im going throught the same thing with "(domainname).mobi". I think its all up to WIPO. have you gone that far with this?

I haven't had anything happen, ... and my domain name is fairly generic too, although sometimes it doesn't matter. When someone gets a name taken away I think it boils down to the domain name being registered in bad faith. If they find that to be the case then the complainant will almost always prevail. The whole process doesn't look like a fun thing to deal with ...

:undecided:
 
just to get you updated as i promise, no asking mails from Sedo being sent to ask start the transaction .. So, 2 query mail sent from me to Sedo asking what is happening today and 2 days ago .. No respond yet :(
 
Best of luck to you Muhammad i hope it all goes through ok. Keep emailing sedo until you get an answer. Or post something the the sedo section of this forum asking for a response, since it's a high value transaction they should be treating you with a little more care!!!!!
 
just to get you updated as i promise, no asking mails from Sedo being sent to ask start the transaction .. So, 2 query mail sent from me to Sedo asking what is happening today and 2 days ago .. No respond yet :(

Telephone them, you should have had some correspondence by now from them.
 
received a notification from Sedo yesterday that transaction is being canceled, the name is being deleted from my account.
today and yesterday i received more than one all offers less 5000$
not sure whether to accept or not, but i'll try in the coming days to reach other auction bidders to negotiate with them .. butmore advices here will be helpful :)
 
call marketiva and deal with them to sell.
 
received a notification from Sedo yesterday that transaction is being canceled, the name is being deleted from my account.
today and yesterday i received more than one all offers less 5000$
not sure whether to accept or not, but i'll try in the coming days to reach other auction bidders to negotiate with them .. butmore advices here will be helpful :)

wtf is that bullsh*t? So you sold the domain and they are not honoring the deal? How is this legal?
 
received a notification from Sedo yesterday that transaction is being canceled, the name is being deleted from my account.
today and yesterday i received more than one all offers less 5000$
not sure whether to accept or not, but i'll try in the coming days to reach other auction bidders to negotiate with them .. butmore advices here will be helpful :)

If there is anyway possible get the names of the bidders and deal with them directly without Sedo. Since Sedo is canceling the sale (and I really don't understand this because of the money they're losing), they should give you the bidders names now. It may take a domain attorney to get this. Maybe you can contract with an attorney let him do all of the legal work and pay him a certain percentage of the sale if and when it is made. Thats what I would try first if Sedo refused to give me the bidders names. Good luck!
 
Sedo have an obligation to release the contact information of the buyer in the event of cancellation.
 
Sedo have an obligation to release the contact information of the buyer in the event of cancellation.

I know they're not obligated to but that doesn't mean an attorney can't get it through legal actions. There's enough money involved to make it worth a try in my opinion.
 
They ARE obligated.

“Reaching an Agreement “Should either party fail to meet to their obligations under the respective agreement, the identity of the breaching User shall be provided to the injured User upon request.”
 
They ARE obligated.

“Reaching an Agreement “Should either party fail to meet to their obligations under the respective agreement, the identity of the breaching User shall be provided to the injured User upon request.”

I'm sorry I misread your first post. I had previously called Sedo and asked them about failed contracts and their response was that they NEVER release the names of the bidders. I guess I had that on my mind while reading your post. However, I still wonder if Sedo would release the names of the bidders to the seller in this type failed contract.
 
From the day Mohammad started posting publicly on forums on this problem, i know that the deal will be in peril. He created so much publicity, leaving Sedo no choice but to cancel the deal and the commission they stand to earn, or risk giving the impression that they condone cybersquatting and sell trademarked domains.

If i were Mohammad, i'll quickly sell the name to the highest bidder by escrow, be it $5000 or $500 before interest is lost and the name becomes worthless.
 
I am honestly still surprised there are even people wanting to buy this name for 5k.., whats up with that? The whole email thing looks strange and the cancellation and such...are you sure a "friend" of yours is not pulling a joke on you? bidding on your domain and sending you emails? because honestly, I think that a very well executed joke is the most likely thing here..if you would have ask in an appraisal thread without giving the info of an offer, I think most people would have said its a regfee domain, so I think you should check the IP on all emails you got and see if its someone joking around with you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom