Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed BigTimeVideos.com - $4,000+ Per Month Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jason, you are making trouble for yourself by hot linking to yahoo to make profit, no business in the world would allow it, even a company as rich as Microsoft. Considering yahoo is an E-company, making it's money from ads / mainly e-products makes this situation even more critical. If i were you i would enjoy/save the alleged $4,000 per month till yahoo gives you a threatening email/letter which they probably would do if you didn't hide your whois!

The only way i can see such a sale ever going through is by a letter / email from yahoo confirming they will not sue the new owner or stop their hot linking which is very unlikely!

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jason Benn said:
Hello,

So you own http://www.Vidcodecentral.com/ and you got a C&D letter. How come they never sent on to the owners of VideoCodeZone.com and the other huge sites that have been doing this for 10 times longer than you have, there must be a logical reason behind this...think about it...it's common sense.

Now, as I said over and over again, the buyer understands that Yahoo may disable hotlinking at any given time, this was made very clear to the buyer. We have backup sources to the music videos so if Yahoo goes down, the site, revenue, or anything else will not go down.
What exactly is common sense? What point are you trying to make with the C&D letter going to vidcodecentral.com instead of the bigger sites? You're saying its OK for the bigger sites to steal the b/w? If you didn't hide your whois info they prob would have found you by now ;-)

bk`

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My whois info was hidden and I still got one by email, c/o the registrar. I was also informed that they were in the process of sending them to all sites using Yahoo videos without authorization so it's really only a matter of time.

dewpoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe three simple points describe this site perfectly:

1) Site is illegal
2) Site is illegal
3) Site is illegal

(Sometimes repetition is necessary to make a point).

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

You guys are forgetting a few MAJOR points here....

1.) I FULLY disclosed that the site is hotlinking to Yahoo!
2.) I FULLY disclosed that Yahoo may stop hotlinking at any given time
3.) Our site has a backup source of music videos, so in the unlikely event that Yahoo shuts down hotlinking, it takes 2 seconds to switch to the backup database.
4.) Our site revenue and traffic have absolutely 0 reliance on Yahoo. Our site relies on providing music video codes, not yahoo music video codes, so whomever the source we use, the income and traffic will remain unaffected.
5.) Yahoo IS aware about VideoCodeZone.com for the past 4 months now, and they have NOT taken action against the owner. When VideoCodeZone.com was sold for $200,000 the buyer contact Yahoo about hotlinking to them, so Yahoo is aware that VCZ is hotlinking and yet refuses to act on it (for a reason). Plust when VCZ was listed for sale, ALLOT of users reported the site to Yahoo, and yet Yahoo does NOT take any action (again, for a reason). Why would Yahoo waste their time and go after a site making $0.05 per day in sales, when VCZ makes $1,700 - $2,300 per DAY in profit.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nvm, i think we all know it is extremely unlikely this site will be sold here, it's like owning microsoft.co.uk ! Trouble waiting to happen!

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your information. I think I am beginning to understand why Yahoo hasn't taken action against the bigger site in which you said was sold for $200,000.

So far, this is what is known. We can see that bigtimevideos.com was registered on 9-18. Interestingly, from historical whois records we can see that the larger site may have changed hands to someone in the Russian Federation on 9-19. As most of you may remember in August, EddieUS made the only serious bid on another public forum for $200k. IIRC, I believe he later mentioned that he didn't go through with the sale.

So... if the owner of that site is indeed in Russia, a C&D would hardly affect his operations, for at least a while. Owners of video codes sites residing in the US, may have an entirely different result.

lifeisajoke

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hotlinking is bandwidth theft. Call it by any other name, if you will, but that's what it amounts to. I don't take it kindly when people hotlink to my sites, which they do on occasions, and I think many other site owners here would share the same view.

Why are sales like this, which set out to rip-off or hoodwink the unsuspecting buyer, or are downright illegal, allowed to be advertised on this forum? I don't think they should. I believe they should be banned. What does anyone else think?

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think your wrong, and if you were right then sites like Yahoo, Google, and MSN should be taken off the internet immediately.

We simply take a link to something that is publicly available, and form it into a simple easy to use html code, so that webmasters that are not tech savvy can take the html codes and add it to their websites, profiles, or blogs. Pretty much the same thing that Yahoo, Google, and MSN do but in a different way.

If it was soo illegal, all Yahoo has to do is send us a C&D letter, and yet they never have, no will they ever do so (for a reason). Yahoo knows the owners address of VideoCodeZone.com and they have yet to send on single complaint, and they knew it way before it was sold for $200,000.

And yes, BigTimeVideos was started a few days after the completion of the sale of VideoCodeZone.com

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my previous post, according to historical whois records, it appears the new owner of VideoCodeZone.com resides in Russia. It has not been established if it was even sold for $200K as the only publicly known and verfiable bidder (EddieUS) backed out per his statement on another site, IIRC.

The point is, any C&Ds sent to Russia would likely be ignored as there appears to be an air of immunity when it comes claims of infringement of US intellectual property rights. Again, buyers who reside in the US might not be able to expect the same treatment from Yahoo lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators