Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BODIS is in bed with spammers and thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Folks, sorry to break it to ya.
I just checked one of my domains parked at Bodis, and, oh boy, what did I find?
My name is pointing at one of those spam sites,
http://quizstope.com/

I figure, alright, I'll give it a try. Tons of freebees.
I sign up for a few of them, on a trial basis.
The next think I notice my cc is being charged hundreds of dollars.
I read their crappy emails, and they tell me I either pay them $20 or $80 to 'end the free' trial.

They offer no alternatives. I google those bastards, and what do you know, they're poster boys on the BBB and other consumer sites.

I call my bank to report 'fraudulent activity', and the bank lady goes into overdrive. The first thing she does is cancels my cc and freezes my acct. She says she sees these characters every day, and they're not shy emptying peoples accounts.

I did some research on these deals. Turns out they pay Bodis $5 to $10 per click. I got 50+ clicks at a nickel a pop. Not a bad deal for Bodis. But for you and me... :smilewinkgrin:

axeman

The One and Only
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quite amazing, a parking company that has been ripping off its customers.......who would of believed it!

Seriously though, sounds very dodgy indeed.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quite amazing, a parking company that has been ripping off its customers.......who would of believed it!

Yeah, really!

There are probably more parking companies in bed with spammers and thieves than they all like to admit.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ouch...did you contact Bodis to ask them what is up? :(

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick announced a new parking company that launched recently. TheParkingPlace.com. They use the same sites.

Example: 588.com

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick announced a new parking company that launched recently. TheParkingPlace.com. They use the same sites.

ok that link just sent me to a page that opened up a popup and asked me to click the button to go to the next page, enter my email so I can get a prize... How is that any better than what the op posted???

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it's better. Its actually worse. Not sure why rick was saying these guys will be game changers. If you park with then your domains will get blocked by browsers and search engined when visitors report it.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it's better. Its actually worse. Not sure why rick was saying these guys will be game changers. If you park with then your domains will get blocked by browsers and search engined when visitors report it.

sorry did not mean anything against you... I guess i didn't fully process when you said "they use the same sites..." This is good information to know...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the second time you have posted such claims. Yet all that is linked is the devious site.

Could you PM me the domain you own that is parked at bodis pointing to these sites?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Are you saying that Rick's new parking company is The Parking Place .com?

Because that domain name is flagged as harmful according to my security (as well at 588.com).

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is this the same Bodis who claimed they were giving 100% Lifetime Revenue share?

The same company who would not give a straight answer when asked; 100% share of what?

The same company who sent me a termination notice one Thanksgiving Day for my account being inactive?

And now their linking to rip off sites?

Why am I NOT surprised?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are not in bed with spammers.

We now integrated a ZeroClick/CPA system on our end. We use a bunch of affiliate programs and providers that pay us on a visitor basis. Some people have seen a good boost last 2-3 weeks since we integrated it, and we are expanding it with many more affiliate providers in the near future.

Long story short, we don't always pay attention to what they offer. Our system is domain/keyword based and matches domains to programs and what they offer. Then we track how much they generate in revenue. If these affiliate programs outperform pay per click, we use them.

That is the direction we are going. Hopefully there won't be many cell phone submit programs, because there are a lot of legit affiliate advertisers we are adding such as StateFarm, NetFlix, and so on. It just happens to be that these affiliates that have these cell phone submit offers seem to convert well on some names that are banned with our primary upstream pay per click provider.

So we use everyone and the one that generates the most revenue is the one we keep and then we pay you that revenue.

We're not the cell phone advertiser and don't own those landing pages. Those landing pages are not even hosted on our servers.

PS
It's not just theparkingplace, but 50% of the affiliate industry seems to be these offers because they do so well. I guess I'll see what happens once we add more affiliate partners and see if more legit advertisers outperform these types over the next few weeks.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I guess I'll see what happens once we add more affiliate partners and see if more legit advertisers outperform these types over the next few weeks.
Don't you think you should be vetting your providers as 'legit' before unleashing them to your clients? Just an observation in passing...

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We enabled it on less than 1% of our traffic. And only domains not monetized by our primary upstream provider use these offer pages wherever it makes better.

It's sort of hard to pick and choose what looks good for our clients. Many people have different views on what is ethical and what isn't. Some users are fine and are welcoming the extra revenue, others are against these type of pages. However, there are two major points here:

1. All other parking companies are beginning to do it. If we avoid it, we essentially become the worst parking company in the industry. DomainSposor and everyone else is already using these offer pages, so we are not the only ones. Do we want to become a dominant parking system or do we want to make almost nothing? That's a big difference and heavily relies on this.

2. I cannot make the call on what is ethical and what is not. We can give you the option soon to disable these types of offers on a domain-by-domain basis or user account basis. This will allow you to choose if you want to display these offers or not once we increase the # to over 1%. Sure, we can say these are unethical and disable and take a hit in revenue. We can also say all the banks are scamming the people and disable all the banks from being the advertisers. Where is the line?

We go with what makes the most money that is legal. These offers are unethical in my opinion, but fully compliant with the law. We'll give the user the choice to disable them.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this the same Bodis who claimed they were giving 100% Lifetime Revenue share?

The same company who would not give a straight answer when asked; 100% share of what?

The same company who sent me a termination notice one Thanksgiving Day for my account being inactive?

And now their linking to rip off sites?

Why am I NOT surprised?

For once I agree with you, Bodis turned out to be unethical liars right from the start. I was on 100% revenue share too before being kicked out for nothing. you don't forget shit like that, they can GFT.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've already explained it many times and there were reasons why we disabled many users at the time in 2007. It wasn't easy back then with traffic quality issues and little data to go on (not to mention being new in the space at the time), we used unreliable data to do that. We've regained and surpassed since then. We can talk about 2007 all day long but our business now is very different from what it was back then.

We've never lied to our users about anything and have been honest about our operation since day 1. Most spammers wouldn't ever tell you what they really think about their "offers". These are not our offer landers, and I am giving honest feedback on them and what options the users have and will have. These are our affiliate partners that we rotate and test.

I'll definitely bet that the other parking companies you park on will have more of these cell phone submit offers in a few weeks or months time then you can imagine, just so they can stay "afloat"! ;) And I will come back and bump your post when that happens. :)

cwilson

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never take sides or comment on the so called "domainers", but I have to say, 75% of them are total idiots.

The guy went the extra mile and added affiliate programs, so that you could make more bucks especially on banned domains. And because you are either stupid, jealous, or another parking company, (I would not be surprised after what I have seen) you started an illegal thread misrepresenting somebody that "works" for you.

The reason I'm replying is, because I wish every parking company was as legit as Bodis. Forum mods should delete this entire thread as the claim above is fake. Not to mention I see the same people replying who rooted my friend out to CIRA for his Canadian domains.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If these are your name, and these are parked at bodis, why are none of them taking me to a bodis landing page?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I've already explained it many times and there were reasons why we disabled many users at the time in 2007. It wasn't easy back then with traffic quality issues and little data to go on (not to mention being new in the space at the time), we used unreliable data to do that. We've regained and surpassed since then. We can talk about 2007 all day long but our business now is very different from what it was back then.
Getting booted off was a hard pill to swallow...appears some are still gagging on that pill or other matter in their throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom