Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BODIS is in bed with spammers and thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, these are our affiliate partners only names we can't monetize elsewhere use these affiliate partners. This is a very very low percentage and we pay you every penny we get from them. Many other parking companies are now doing exactly the same with the exact same affiliate offers, including DomainSponsor and others. I can list you a few examples if you'd like.

If you want to block these partners from your domains, on Monday you will have a choice to do so from the Account Settings page for your entire account. This will solve the issue for those that don't want anything to do with it.

If you have any other suggestions feel free to post them, but don't just attack me that Bodis is lying and scamming without any basis or proof, because we are not.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's see, your affiliate partners charged my cc $240 for the 'free trials', and Bodis paid me 5c for that visit.
Even the lowliest ho gets a better deal from her pimp

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are we supposed to find these scammers and filter out the url? You want us to visit our parked domains and click and find out? You know they're scammers so why not add a filter on your admin panel.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... on Monday you will have a choice to do so from the Account Settings page for your entire account. This will solve the issue for those that don't want anything to do with it.

Please describe the circumstance where a domain owner would WANT to be associated with scam artists. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't you think you should be vetting your providers as 'legit' before unleashing them to your clients? Just an observation in passing...

I think this sums it up very nicely.

Any business that provides a service to their clients has a responsibility to protect their customers... It's like a plumbing company hiring ex convicts as plumbers for home repair, if the customer knew, do you think they would allow them in the home?.. The customer puts their trust in the company to vet these people out.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are we supposed to find these scammers and filter out the url? You want us to visit our parked domains and click and find out? You know they're scammers so why not add a filter on your admin panel.

As mentioned, we will offer a mass option from the Account Settings page to disable offers across the board, wherever they are used. However, they are used on less than 1% of the domain names in any case and as we add more affiliate networks, there are less and less of these offers.

That's all I can say on this case.

These are not scammers. They pay us more than pay per click and we pass the revenue on to you. That means you get paid more on your domain names than with traditional PPC. They are part of our new CPA system and are one of our affiliate partners, we plan to add hundreds of partners, some offer-type partners, other non-offer-type partners such as NetFlix, StateFarm, Credit Card applications, and so forth. Most other parking companies incl DS are beginning to use them. We at least are being honest here and giving you the option to opt-out starting on Monday.

Raider: I don't understand your analogy whatsoever. Our clients are protected, and are being paid more now than before thanks to affiliate networks such as this that we've started to integrate. How are the clients being ripped off? We added this so clients like yourself that use Bodis make more money. And they do.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having domain names associated with bad neighbourhoods such as those sites will get you kicked out of google index, therefore its entirely devaluing the domain name, which will be bad for reselling and future development. Surely domain owners should be aware of the damage it could cause and that cost of such damage.

I cant of course comment on Bodis as a parking program, but reading this thread would rule it out of consideration entirely.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Google would think of it because not all visitors/countries would be using affiliate, so Google spider and certain visitors would still see traditional PPC page depending on the location and other attributes. But think of it this way, even if we didn't use offer pages, and we used other redirect affiliates (such as Credit Card applications for credit card related domains), you'd still have the same issue with indexing.

Google index makes up less than 3% of our click base. Yahoo/Bing almost 0% as now Bing is very aggressive of filtering out all parking companies regardless of the type of page/lander that they offer. At Google, right now your domain is indexed for the "domain.com" term even if you are redirecting, and that's where nearly all of the 3% of the visitors come from anyway. So CPA has little impact on this.

If CPA makes 20% more for instance, and Google de-indexes it temporarily and you lose 3%, then you still gain 17%. Obviously our system is smart enough to see this, we go to CPA when there is a large advantage, not just a 0.0001% advantage. Usually we're looking at 20% and up.

Having said that, this is why you'll be able to disable it from Account Settings on Monday.

The names we have monetized with our primary upstream provider don't use any affiliate programs as of right now. We just use traditional PPC for that. It is only those banned by our primary, that make MORE on CPA, are the ones that use CPA.

Some people emailed me personally and said thank you, I noticed revenue going up. How can I get even more out of this?

I didn't see any negative comments until I came to this thread. And now that I see this, I understand some people have different types of names, that they don't want offer landers on, and we will add this option the next business day (Monday), to satisfy these users as well.

On Monday we have a large update coming (new templates, CPA announcement, option to opt out of offer CPAs, update to UI, and everything else). All of this will be explained in an email on Monday side by side with our new update announcement, so that everyone understands. Everyone has the option starting on Monday to keep everything on traditional means if they like to.

Not everyone feels like this is a scam. And those that don't want to keep it to get additional revenue. I can't just shut it off either otherwise I'd be disappointed the other 50% of our users. And tomorrow DomainSponsor and 10 other parking companies will also ramp this up even more and no one will complain then and they we will be the biggest losers.

I want my clients to win and I want to win as well. I take a revenue share from a lot of users that registered after 2007. I win if we make more, the clients win if they take more home. If they don't want to take more and feel this is not something they want on their domains, they can simply turn it off starting Monday morning.

These offer CPAs existed for years. You just didn't see them often on parked domains until recently. This is not something that is new. There are advertisers that advertise on Google for this stuff and then redirect the visitors to their own CPA offer submit page. It is the same thing essentially. You want proof, here it is:

Go to Bing.com, enter into the search box "win a gift card". ( http://www.bing.com/search?q=win+a+gift+card&go=&form=QBLH&qs=n&sk=&sc=8-2 )

Then on right side you have sponsored listings, click the link:

$1000 Shopping Spree!
Shop 'Till You Drop! Free $1000 Gift Card To America's Top Store.
www.GetYourFreeStuff.net/GiftCard

There you go, you go to a page that has the same exact offer lander as we do! This stuff exists on PPC on both Google, Yahoo, and Bing for last decade.

Last edited:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Last month Bodis paid $2.50 for 50 clicks on those spam sites.
Now, they threw me $2 for NO clicks. Just so that I keep my mouth shut

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here it is, Bing is doing it but apparently we cannot according to some users (not to mention that Bing ads are used by half the parking companies so these ads are also on your parked PPC pages):

page1z.gif

page2i.gif

page3.gif

We at least will give you control over this feature.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Last month Bodis paid $2.50 for 50 clicks on those spam sites.
Now, they threw me $2 for NO clicks. Just so that I keep my mouth shut

That's not true. Last month we were still using traditional PPC for half the month for that domain.

With CPA we pay you on a visitor basis. There are no clicks recorded as we redirect directly to advertiser. We don't pay you to keep your mouth shut, we pay you what we get from the affiliate partners, and always look for higher paying partners.

You are turning this into more than it really is. We're not turning Bodis into spamolia. We are using this on less than 1% of banned names that happen to do better on this than elsewhere. This is stage 1 of our CPA redirect expansion. We are adding more stuff today and non of the ones we are enabling today are offer-related.

Last edited:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pardon the Pun but it does not Bode well for Bodis.. sorry had to get that in.. :)

Then again the entire parking industry is in the toilet so make what you can before it all goes POP. I do like that idea of a real CPA program with all the real affiliate programs in full API swing, its not that hard to implement.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do like that idea of a real CPA program with all the real affiliate programs in full API swing, its not that hard to implement.

That is exactly what we are trying to do. We only started with offers because it was easiest to implement and made money on certain domains that made little elsewhere. We are adding more providers today and more next week as well. A lot of big affiliate programs like credit card, movie rental, scholarship, grants, and so forth.

I have built a system for it, but before I even deployed anything I have started to take a lot of heat for these offers for you guys. And I understand where some of you are coming from, that's why I am just as quick to give you a way to opt out starting Monday. My developer is already on the opt out. As a matter of fact, if you PM me your account name or email address, I will manually opt you out starting TODAY because the system to opt out will be developed today, and be visible in UI on Monday.

Every parking company will have these offers by end of year. Almost every. We will look like nobodies by end of year when it comes to offers and I have other affiliate programs lined up that are better products such as movie rentals and so forth. I am hoping that these established affiliates like movie rentals outperform the offer types and we want domains to match programs to domains the best possible. And we now have that system that does it fully automated that we are deploying.

I much rather get constructive criticism and improve according to user taste than to get called a scammer and thief for trying to make everyone more money.

Last edited:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A noble cause, but perhaps you could get users to opt-in to these programs.. Kinda like beta-testers. This will give you warranted feedback instead of getting damaging feedback that is seen here.

Best of success with the CPA

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bodis is the best parking company I ever tried BY FAR.
They are listening to what their clients are saying, they are trying new tricks to gain more revenue for their platform, they reply to almost all questions on NP and DNF, they are more transparent than everyone else.
I was used to read about angry domainers for not making money they used to with their parked domains, now I read about domainers that are not satisfied when they are getting higher cpc compared to what they used to?
They even get paranoid thinking that bodis gave them revenue just for visits because they want them to keep their mouth shut?
CPA is a great alternative for low cpc rates, instead of being happy about it you are making stories to bash bodis while at the same time bing is already using this revenue model, why dont you send them an email about it too?

wth

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bodis is the best parking company I ever tried BY FAR.
By far.

This opinion comes from someone (me) who took the same block of names, parked them for thirty days at each of Sedo, Parked, Fabulous, Namedrive, and Bodis (I think there was even a 6th service). Bodis clearly came out ahead on conversion (CTR) not only for .com but all other extensions. I risked a lot of parking income by doing this but did so on the advice of someone in the parking names industry (one of Bodis's competitors) who related that it takes a solid two weeks to get a name crawled and propagated properly into the system but related that I should do this for 30 days

That is how I back up my claims. I am not on Bodis's payroll, not am I an affiliate, nor am I getting any kickbacks.

Why some want to gripe about blacklisted (yes, blacklisted) names is beyond me.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I didn't see any negative comments until I came to this thread. And now that I see this, I understand some people have different types of names, that they don't want offer landers on, and we will add this option the next business day (Monday), to satisfy these users as well.
It's called gangbanging...every one is standing in line wanting to take a shot at you.

Oddly enough, as you pointed out in another thread...one dense biatch wants to pile on with some sort of grudge/garbage from four years ago.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've personally seen a huge spike in my revenue on Bodis since the CPA network implementation. I've had a single domain name making me $200/day as a result of the new CPA network. Since the domain is already banned by Google (meaning that the domain cannot have Google ads placed on it), I'm happy to make an extra $200/day from it. I can't wait to see what happens as they perfect this system and work out any kinks.

I don't know a single, intelligent domainer who has not thought to himself/herself, "I wonder how much more money I could make with my domains if I had CPA offers on all of them?" Thanks to Bodis, we are finally getting a taste. I am loving what I see so far.

Be open to innovation or get left behind.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've personally seen a huge spike in my revenue on Bodis since the CPA network implementation. I've had a single domain name making me $200/day as a result of the new CPA network. Since the domain is already banned by Google (meaning that the domain cannot have Google ads placed on it), I'm happy to make an extra $200/day from it. I can't wait to see what happens as they perfect this system and work out any kinks.

I don't know a single, intelligent domainer who has not thought to himself/herself, "I wonder how much more money I could make with my domains if I had CPA offers on all of them?" Thanks to Bodis, we are finally getting a taste. I am loving what I see so far.

Be open to innovation or get left behind.
it sounds like these 'affiliate programs' are banging cards, charging people for free trials, etc. i'm not sure how they get away with it but most likely will only be a matter of time before the ftc gets involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom