Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

bomb.com sold announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know what bomb.com finally sold for? Perhaps a member here purchased it since so many posts were done here about it.

Was wondering if it could be anywhere near the minimum price of $25,000 the owner wanted?

The sale announcement is here www.bomb.com

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like a face saving measure to me :shy:

Bomb.com is not exactly the best thing in the world to own given 9/11 and worldwide terrorism.

But I wish the owner the best.

my guess is bomb bombed and didn't get anywhere near the initial asking. Only a guess though.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No bids on eBay, safe. Words mean a lot, long or short, .com or otherwise. This word just wasn't right for the economic nor emotional climate today.

I'm pretty sure the reserve on the first auction was $15,000 and no bids were received on that, the 2nd auction was cancelled with bids a bit over $3000 (reserve met) with a couple of days to go I think, so I can't imagine it getting much more than $5000 really.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller was expecting at least $15k, snoops. He claims that would at least settle his debts.

Personally, I don't like these sob stories on the internet. You never know. IMO, $15k is nothing. But is it worth sobbing on the internet? No way.

mole,

yes agree, I think it would put many people off bidding, the story about his wife and everything, makes the buyer look very unreliable - the sort of thing that there is no need to bring up for a public auction.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah snoops, like if you bid you are doing some kinda charity work or something.

Don't wash your dirty clothes in public. Even if you are going to die tomorrow. That's what the ol' folks teach man. That's dignity, something which many people discard today to manipulate the situation.

I agree 100%, it adds a bad taste to the sale and also begs the question of whether its just a story to try and sell something at an inflated price on the sympathy ticket.

Sales should be set in a positive environment that makes potential buyers think positively about the item - rather than dwelling on the plight of the seller.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its sold right ???

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, Nic, looks like it was not sold.

...I found this thread in my server referal logs and thought I should reply.

Actually the domain did sell. I had several buyers sent me offers within around 24hrs of the second auction starting. I made a proposal between the individuals who had written me. Nearly all of them responded promptly meeting my offer for closing the auction early, and I closed with the first person who replied.

At the request of the buyer, I am unable to disclose the final sale price of the auction and we are in the escrow process at this time.

As for my disclosure of my personal problems. I felt it necessary to explain just why I was selling this domain to put off people who might attempt to make joke bids on the auction and to understand that I wasn't selling this lightly. I really despised the idea of putting out my dirty laundry in this maner, but everyone I asked for advice felt that being open about my needs was the only way I would get the exposure for the sale in the limited amount of time of an e-bay auction.

I hope this answers everyone's questions.

Bryan

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
congrats bryan, hope everything works out for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators