Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bookstore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reading a SEO thread gave me the development bug. What should I do with this baby?

Domain Summit 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Find someone able, rent a storage, find wholesalers, buy books, take orders, ship them. 15 years ago I had 10 bookstores it was great fun. Keep growing. Make an exit for 9-digit figure

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
think more web 2.0

reviews and discussion on all the top sellers, with links to amazon

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chrislands.com is one I'm aware of, never tried them though. And Amazon.com of course. Check out the top book selling sites, many have affiliate programs. So that would be a good place to start :)

I'd like to do a book price comparison site with affiliate links to the big book sellers. Ideally I'd like to buy a completed site doing this so I don't have reinvent the wheel.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the beginning, maybe you should chose a niche market like graphic novels, "Do It Yourself" books etc. so as to not get overwhelmed.

Awesome name might I add!!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just see the plural version of your domain as an example

TwoStep420

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be on the phone with Amazon, Barnes & Nobles and Borders yesterday.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be on the phone with Amazon, Barnes & Nobles and Borders yesterday.

Yeah Barnes & Nobles has a monopoly on book names with book.com and books.com. They may want the trifecta. Or the other 2 might want to prevent a trifecta.

I could score a big payday but if I build a business behind the name, then the big payday becomes a colossal payday.

Besides, it's hard to find the person at those places that could pull the trigger on a purchase.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have you considered trading me for a .mobi domain..

im just putting that possibility out there.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even that'd be a pretty good deal. ;)

alright, back to regularly scheduled program.. <insert generic uniformed domain advice here>

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Try getting a TM for any specific use, and
try ignoring that sickfvck and his mobi schemes. He's selling his mobis for nickels. But nobody is buying :lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently came across a textbook aggregator that listed all sellers and their prices on the net. It saved me so much time and money from actually having to visit and compare each site individually.

I will do my best to go back and find if I bookmarked it or exists in my history. It included very fast comparisons and prices of all online book sources for new and used editions (not just textbooks) including Alibris, Amazon, BN, eBay, and tons more I had never heard of. The results were very accurate and up to date.

Here's an example (I do not recall if this is the site I used):

http://www.allbookstores.com/

In the search enter this:
essentials of health information management (just a book I saw in a listing)

Click the top Compare Prices

And there you have it. All results, condition, price, with shipping, special offers. Blazingly fast site

Last edited:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently came across a textbook aggregator that listed all sellers and their prices on the net. It saved me so much time and money from actually having to visit and compare each site individually.

I will do my best to go back and find if I bookmarked it or exists in my history. It included very fast comparisons and prices of all online book sources for new and used editions (not just textbooks) including Alibris, Amazon, BN, eBay, and tons more I had never heard of. The results were very accurate and up to date.

Here's an example (I do not recall if this is the site I used):

http://www.allbookstores.com/

In the search enter this:
essentials of health information management (just a book I saw in a listing)

Click the top Compare Prices

And there you have it. All results, condition, price, with shipping, special offers. Blazingly fast site

Yeah there are a bunch of the book price comparison sites. That site is too established. I'm looking for a fairly new site that is just as functional and fast. Then maybe I could pull off buying the site or software behind it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a fairly new site that is just as functional and fast.
That was my point...get someone to build a similar product for you. It is all about branding. You have a great name.

I'll see if I can find the other one I was using. Either way, those sites impressed me with their speed and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom