Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bookstore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why are you worried about them. This is a start up concept. If there are free versions even better, maybe you can get distribution rights and get some content. But i think creating a system where writers can do self distribution and cut out the publisher is great. Build a tool for writers and give it a few years. If its designed well you'll have a winner.

Domain Summit 2024

Dirty SEO

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about a meta search site of bookstores? Compare prices for Amazon, BN, Apple etc.. You could filter by paper books vs different electronic devices.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about a meta search site of bookstores? Compare prices for Amazon, BN, Apple etc.. You could filter by paper books vs different electronic devices.

Seventh post of this thread:

I'd like to do a book price comparison site with affiliate links to the big book sellers. Ideally I'd like to buy a completed site doing this so I don't have reinvent the wheel.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do a wordpress mu site and give the opportunity for people to open there own bookstore using sub-domains for a set amount in various scales i,e, so much for a ad free site and so much for extra storage etc.....people would be able to create christian.bookstore.com , childrens.bookstore.com and so on. you are creating a system that is different then others and allows you to not have to develop much, as they do all the developing.

Dirty SEO

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seventh post of this thread:

Great minds think alike lol. I'd try that, although be prepared to update broken code frequently. I've had meta search sites in other niches and that can be a hassle if the sites change their code frequently.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey G

there is a member here "mgstudent" who has a student books website

http://www.dnforum.com/f4/studentbooks-com-thread-186000.html

http://www.studentbooks.com/

i'm sure he could give you some insight and maybe the two of you can hook-up

Good Luck and Great Domain!

Thanks for the plug Bigeddon - I stumbled upon this thread and was surprised to see that someone remembered me :)

Student Books is doing well - who ever told me there was money in books was right - not a fortune, but the time (and money) I invested in the site paid off.

Fearless you have a nice name - the only advice that I can give you, is that I know you said you don't want to reinvent the wheel - but to make big money with your name (or mine) we have to reinvent the wheel (or really improve it with new features).

My site is making good money - but not retirement money!

One big thing to think about is duplicate content. My site (like many out there has reviews from Amazon displayed - these are pulled by the xml) - but it's hard to get the site to rank to its full potential with all of this. Even with your name, if you just have duplicate content and a basic affiliate site, it won't reach it's potential.

It's difficult to know what to do to make a book site really unique - with features that others are going to blog about and post links to, but worth thinking hard about with your name. Maybe put something up there for now so that it gets indexed in Google but have a think - it isn't easy - but I wouldn't mind reaching retirement money one day!

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

Like another member said in this thread I would use the amazon api and get some one to build me a website that would use all the books in amazon... instantly you have 100,000 pages in your store..

This is a great domain name that is worth a lot of money...

Would not sell it until I would have developed it to see what kind of money it can make.

Tom

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Amazon API suggestion is good; but have dedicated sections for ebooks/ereaders, for music, and for app domains.
You have a lot of possible buyers for this; the word 'bookstore' does not have to be just about books.

You can have a coffee shop area too, with coupons and deals - just like a Borders or B&N has an actual coffee shop inside.

Book club/monthly subscriptions are good.

used books would be good, using an ebay plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom