Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Build me a computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogFaceBoy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I would give some of you bored people a project. You might of seen my last post about Dual-Core's where I got told off on them. So here is what I want:

Budget: $2000 CND including 14% worth of taxes. (7% GST, 7% PST)

I want you to build me a computer that fits that budget, that will run Photoshop , etc. And be able to run Half-Life 2 (Counter-Strike: Source). I want the computer to run Half-Life without a problem, with good FPS and no lag.

I need either 17" or 19" LCD monitor.

1 GB of RAM.

At least 100 GB Hard-Drive.

AND BEST OF ALL, all parts must be available at http://www.bestbuy.ca ! (All of these prices are in CND so maybe start here).

Please and thank you.

Regards,
Doggie

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you are asking for someone to pick stuff out for you at the site for you to purchase? Is the $2000 budget just for the system not including the monitor?

dewd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
So you are asking for someone to pick stuff out for you at the site for you to purchase? Is the $2000 budget just for the system not including the monitor?

i belive hes asking you to tell him the parts on that website that he should buy and that he can put together hisself for under $2,000

pc-monkey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tiger Direct is decent. I purchased all the stuff to build both my computer and my wife's computer from New Egg (newegg.com). I highly recommend them. www.mwave.com is also pretty good, although I haven't ordered from them in awhile. Best Buy's prices are going to be way higher for most stuff that you can get online.

DogFaceBoy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using TigerDirect.ca and have everything pretty much picked out. NewEgg.com does not ship to Canada sadly or I would have used them.

Back ontopic... my computer that I have put together on TigerDirect I am getting tomorrow, it was just a little over my $2000 budget without mouse, keyboard, monitor, or OS.

But I guess it is time to pull out my wallet. I need atleast one more good gaming machine in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators