Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed buy.info, england.info...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
please take a look at the following:
athens.info
buy.info
cdr.info
oral.info
sexy.info
host.info
simple.info
arts.info
weight.info
mad.info
condom.info
newmedia.info
HOMECINEMA.INFO
WEBDESIGNER.INFO
ENGLAND.INFO

Please tell me what you think!

Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dvdrip
Hi,
athens.info
buy.info
cdr.info
oral.info
sexy.info
host.info
windows.info
simple.info
arts.info
weight.info
mad.info
condom.info
newmedia.info
HOMECINEMA.INFO
WEBDESIGNER.INFO
ENGLAND.INFO

WOW, the best .info domains I've seen on this board. Some are real gems like England.info, buy.info, host.info, windows.info...No most of them are real gems. I can't give you an exact value, since it's still a very new TLD and most of the best .info were just released in LR 2. But you have a fortune right there. That's for sure!! :)

Good luck!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much for newmedia.info ?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent names that are capable of redefining the internet landscape if backed with the right content.

Maybe it's just me, but when I look at such awesome name collections by just one person, the intuitive worth of .info just tingles me.

In 1 year's time, probably a high of $20,000 undeveloped for some of your names.

For those unfamiliar with .info evaluation, .info names make for the ultimate portal concept - a natural meeting place to fan out to other sites.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amazing haul, dvdrip. Congrats ! Start working on getting some content up on them :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like arts.info best. It has enormous commercial value as a portal leading to all kinds of services like tickets, posters, galleries, events etc. Wonder how drip got that.

In 2 years time that name will easily be worth $500,000 from a commercial standpoint, bear domain market or no bear domain market.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
athens.info
buy.info
cdr.info
oral.info
sexy.info
host.info
windows.info
simple.info
arts.info
weight.info
mad.info
condom.info
newmedia.info
HOMECINEMA.INFO
WEBDESIGNER.INFO
ENGLAND.INFO

Great names. It goes without saying that it is really hard to tell what the value of .INFO names is now... and much depends on what development happens with the extension. I strongly suggest that you develop at least a couple for both your sake and that of the extension. I just finished developing Physician.info (just got through LR2 and can't change DNS yet,but you can see prototype site at http://www.Physician.nstemp.info

Here is link to list of top 250 LR2 bids at Directi:

http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?newtldevaluationprocess;3D33A52900000DC3

I know of at least one city .INFO name (minor city) that sold for a couple thousand, so I would think that major city and non-ICANN restricted coutry names would be worth $1,000-$5,000+ now and (much?) more when .INFO becomes better known. There is a risk with country and city names -- depending on how things develop with UDRP and city councils, etc. I had a significant offer on HealthInsurance.info that I turned down to develop it.

Host.info may be one of the best. $5K now? More later? Arts.info is also great.... same range?

Again, I'd recommend developing at least a couple now.

Best wishes and congrats.

ondrik

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
:eek:

congrats on athens.info ! That was a kinda my concept as well (torino.info). So you were the one bidding for Greek islands that hard?? I noticed few Greek guys playing hell for them ... :)) (Getting then thessaloniki.info, chios.info, chania.info, xanthi.info)

I believe .info to become a really unique name for regional/information sites with real value overrunning .com which makes no-sense for this purpose.

England.info > keep us informed about offers to buy please!! In my view this one is top-100 definitely. Worth a lot of brittish quid.

Just Question: how did you get through SiteName (athens.info)? What was your bid for this ??? I really wonder...
:confused:

regards

Do you know what a big Trademark windows is ?
Microsoft owns all windows Domains (windows.com/net/org/biz/us/)

The best you can do is give microsoft this domain for free. Dont wait, when microsoft come it is to late.

sexy
buy
england are the three best Domains.

ondrik

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freakfer
Do you know what a big Trademark windows is ?
Microsoft owns all windows Domains (windows.com/net/org/biz/us/)

The best you can do is give microsoft this domain for free. Dont wait, when microsoft come it is to late.

WRONG, not neccessary to give up WINDOWS!!!! Quickly look for the wooden windows manufacturer or installer rather. :)))
If MicroSoft wanted their Windows, they should had apply in Sunrise. The word is generic, so I give you good chances with a possible dispute - that comes sooner or later...

Pay attention not uploading there something stupid, like "MS windows sucks".. I would advice to look at the .info precedents @ WIPO. Domains like "internetnews.info" were granted with the respondent... so there is still hope.

ondrik

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freakfer
xxx.biz

May I ask you here, what happed to your name?
Still being on hold... xxx.biz
Domain Status: serverDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: serverHold
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited
Domain Status: serverUpdateProhibited

Who is that monster suing you ???

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
I like arts.info best. It has enormous commercial value as a portal leading to all kinds of services like tickets, posters, galleries, events etc. Wonder how drip got that.

In 2 years time that name will easily be worth $500,000 from a commercial standpoint, bear domain market or no bear domain market.

Mole, I think you are vastly overvaluing arts.info!

* art.info is better than arts.info

* Selling art is indeed a highly commercial business, but not simply providing information on art. You will never find, for example, a major auction house buying this domain... because they want to sell art , not just provide info on it.

* You are assuming that the prices for .infos will go up just as fast as they did for the .coms. Maybe they will, but probably they won't. They could even fall in value.

My evaluation of arts.info...
$1k for now

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
athens.info
buy.info
cdr.info
oral.info
sexy.info
host.info
windows.info
simple.info
arts.info
weight.info
mad.info
condom.info
newmedia.info
HOMECINEMA.INFO
WEBDESIGNER.INFO
ENGLAND.INFO

Great infos indeed, but i have to ask...
Didn't Afilias reserve all country domains ?
Why do you own England.info ?
The are no other country .infos

Nothing is happen with xxx.biz
I dont know why the LR .biz Domain is in this Status.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic

Great infos indeed, but i have to ask...
Didn't Afilias reserve all country domains ?
Why do you own England.info ?
The are no other country .infos

I looked this up once and believe that Great Britain (or was it United Kingdom?) was on the official country list, but not England.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should get enough out of these to buy some property, and take an extended vacation. Congrats.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip,

When exactly did you get these generic .infos?

If you obtained these domains during the time frame set aside for registering trademarks such as clorox.com (known as the SUNRISE registration period), then you are going to lose most, if not ALL of your names eventually, because it was forbidden to register generics at this time! You will be sued by the WIPO or some other party and you will lose your domains, it has already happened and will continue. They'll get to your names eventually; it just takes time since so many bogus names were registered during the sunrise (e.g business.info, sex.info, health.info, ...). Thus your amazing .infos may actually be worth: $0

-dmorel

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All of his names were from LandRush2, which was available to everyone to register. LR2 names were those taken from registrants who used false TM info during the sunrise period last year.

Dvdrip has done extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators