Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Buyer (TYPIST) Stole My Funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not see anywhere in that screen shot where you say " if you so desire I will buy back after one year at full price " and Typists saying " ok " .

Now you mention it was an offer after the fact. It simply complicates things further. Why the hell make this offer AFTERR the sale, was he upset already about the performance ?

I could ask 100 questions but I have to work today, best of luck to everyone.

Domain Summit 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mgrace, Typist is not a scammer and you have no real business posting those exchanges. I have had much more serious problems with people before but I never stooped to posting PMs. Why don't you just PM Johnn and ask him to moderate your dispute and stop digging deeper holes here?

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And nowhere did I mention that I must refund him the money in 1 week. Anyways guys, I am tired of this crass.

Thieves!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see no problem with posting a PM to prove your case . Problem for him is he hasn't been able to at this point.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Non sequitur I fancy. All way out of proportion.

Makes perfect sense , and a direct opinion based on yours that posting PM's is " stooping " to some level you haven't even have yet. If you wish to not post exchanges which may or in this case ( not ) prove you have been ripped off that is your business. Typist could very well post his exchange showing no such agreement existed. There is no law on posting PM's , they are very relevant in such circumstances and only a foolish individual would chose not to use them to support their case.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get some real typos and stop playing with barbie's! ;)

Seriously guys..

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense , and a direct opinion based on yours that posting PM's is " stooping " to some level you haven't even have yet. If you wish to not post exchanges which may or in this case ( not ) prove you have been ripped off that is your business. Typist could very well post his exchange showing no such agreement existed. There is no law on posting PM's , they are very relevant in such circumstances and only a foolish individual would chose not to use them to support their case.
Don't preach to me JP. There are simple rules of decorum to follow. I have some shocking rucks with people here but I have never *stooped* to posting private messages. We call it "manners" here where I come from. If I had posted some of the PMs I had had in support of an argument, I would have lost very few. Where you draw the line is indeed a dichotomy - take the half that suits you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think when threats are made via PM, publicizing them establishes the legal ground against the perpetrator.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think when threats are made via PM, publicizing them establishes the legal ground against the perpetrator.

I agree, also those which prove or can be used to prove one's case such as this one by either party.

Azooza, I do not refer to riff's and spats among members over BS but rather claims such as the one this thread address ( Purchase and Sale ).

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am $600 plus in a hole by a buyer who lied to PAYPAL saying ITEM NOT RECEIVED.

What am I supposed to do? Where is the common sense?

I made a legitimate sale, then offered a hand to protect my buyer and he pulls me in the dirt that he is in.

I can't appreciate members who don't see through this.

I don't want to stand on holy ground anymore. It is my money that's being stolen while the thief earns income from stolen property.

If the buyer is not making income as he expects that's because he is not using the same parking I used to make the sale.

I have another buyer with whom I agreed for a sale in pm and then he is angry because I step away from the sale when he pm's me after the agreement that he needs to fund his credit card for a few days.

Anyway this is besides the point. This forums is a disappointment.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think whenever you buy off a revenue or traffic promise, there is always a risk. But how can you prove or disprove traffic and stats after one week? Or did I miss something?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So wait....

He has been refunded his money via paypal and still has control of the name ?

If so obviously you deserve the name back, simply have him return the name, I cannot see why he would not.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So he disputed the charge. Got his money back. Still has control of your name.

So why isn't he pushing the domain back to you?

If he is scamming you why not PM a moderator and have them confirm. If confirmed ban the member.

I dont know the situation, this is just how I see it. We dont need scammers on these forums.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mgrace, did you get your domain back? If you didn't for some reason, I am sure that Typist will give it back since he got his refund. Take your name back and call it a day

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you mind explaining the logic behind this idea that someone can have a refund after 1 year, but only after 1 year, not before? Do they have to request the refund at exactly one year? What if they request at 11 months or at 13 months? It doesn't seem very well thought out and sounds like one of those "say anything" lines to get an unhappy buyer off your back, honestly.

I could imagine that could get pretty confusing to a buyer. It seems so bizarre, so open to abuse and misinterpretation. Also, If I was a buyer and I was told that you don't have my refund money now (shortly after the sale), why would I feel comfortable that you will have it in one year?

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All
First of all, I don't have deep pockets and I don't expect every buyer to knock on my door for a refund especially when I made a legitimate sale.

And 1 year means 1 year. What's confusing about that unless you do drugs all day long. And so what if I extended this courtesy. That does not mean you abuse it and take advantage of it.

Think of it guys. You make sales too, perhaps some typos. Do you want every buyer of yours to file a FALSE, FRAUDULENT paypal dispute knocking off my money in the hole.

I have the right to make a public outcry. And I don't want the name back. There is nothing wrong with the name nor the sale.

Read my pm in the earlier thread. My overture to buy back the name after 1 year was a courtesy. Now that idiot file a dispute because he parked it someplace where he earn .25c less than his grandiose expectations. I could say that none of my business.

His contention is that domain is not performing as promised. Where does this %$%# come from? Who the hell promised him anything. I was just selling a typo name based on current stats.

The he files a false dispute and send me a negative rating. What for? I'd choke his neck if I meet him in person.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Id personally take the name back, resale it and call it a day. NOthing else will get you anywhere imo. Sometimes its best to just move on. I hate to say it but I have had to do it myself.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And 1 year means 1 year. What's confusing about that unless you do drugs all day long. And so what if I extended this courtesy. That does not mean you abuse it and take advantage of it.

What is confusing about it is that it makes no sense. And when something makes no sense, the buyer should be concerned. Typically a satisfaction guarantee starts at day 1 and ends shortly after. I have never seen a satisfaction guarantee that starts after you have owned the product for 1 year and requires you wait that full year. Can you point to one example? They aren't out there because they make no sense for many reasons. If this were the case, everyone would just get a new TV or computer every year. Why would you want the item back after losing 1 year of revenue (and possibly all selling value) rather than get it back right away? In fact, I would be happy to buy all of your revenue domains, at high prices, based on this guarantee...if I thought there was a chance in hell you would come through with the money. Because I would be returning every one of them to you after monetizing them for a year.
The others are right, take the name back and move on. Also, I would reconsider any offer of Satisfaction Guarantee that you might be inclined to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators