Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Buyer (TYPIST) Stole My Funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, If I was a buyer and I was told that you don't have my refund money now (shortly after the sale), why would I feel comfortable that you will have it in one year?

Well said... it's pretty clear that if you can't come up with $600-700 then clearly you shouldn't be in this business OR you shouldn't give fake promises (money back in 1 year, etc.)

Domain Summit 2024

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So false fraudulent filing is OK. My extension of a courtesy is not. It was not IN, it was AFTER 1 Year. Only if people read...

I can be in this business as long as I want as long as I don't deal with shady punks showing off their $$$$$.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So false fraudulent filing is OK. My extension of a courtesy is not.

I don't know if typist was wrong or not. That would depend on how high the expectations were set. We all know that he wasn't buying a domain name so much as he was buying an expected stream of revenue. So from one point of view, it may not be false to say he didn't get what he purchased. Many who buy revenue domains understand that there is risk. How high the expectations were set and how quickly the revenue goes away can play a part in their thinking of whether or not they "got what they paid for". I don't know how high his expectations were set in your personal commincations, but I do understand that the revenues went down immediately for one reason or another.

As for you "refund after 1 year" idea, I would say at best it's not well thought out, at worst it is cause for suspicion. We are doing business with anonymous people over the internet. The idea of getting satisfaction after waiting one year raises red flags.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So false fraudulent filing is OK. My extension of a courtesy is not. It was not IN, it was AFTER 1 Year. Only if people read...

I can be in this business as long as I want as long as I don't deal with shady punks showing off their $$$$$.

It's pretty common practice to file paypal transactions as physical items especially with buyers/sellers you don't trust. As you may already be aware since you have a paypal business account, virtual items (software/domains/etc.) are not covered by paypal warranty and when something goes pear shaped (i..e just like now) you got no recourse of action ;)

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the practice of selling domains on hypothetical future revenue is just setting one up for trouble, this is not the stock market...trying to compare a TM domain to a real company is just not realistic..I am not surprised this happened..

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All this over a Barbie typo... sheesh

Ditto. If this is all over Barbie PPC, I know people here in LA who work for Mattel, and they are active in prosecuting TM infringements. Posting it here is like screaming, "Come and get me!"

I'd focus on the Stanford lady, she looks like a nice deal to me:)

EricM

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a very simple way to resolve this.
I sell webhosting so i know this very well and works every time.

Paypal does not allow a buyer to dispute payments for virtual goods.

All you have to do is reply to the paypal dispute, saying nothing but "buyer got his domain. this is a virtual product not covered under buyer dispute policy" and you will win every time.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents

1. as few people mentioned the guy can't claim anything if it is a virtual product.
he knows that , and thats why not returning the domain I think.

2. as i understand bodis pays now 100%, so everyone understands that if you buy
domain name parked at bodis based on revenue this means that you won't get anywhere
else more money from parking. So, when barbi name was moved to another parking
provider the revenues should drop. If optimized properly the name will make more money somewhere else, but still 100% of the revenue payout as I
understand is a very unique proposition.

3. I am not taking sides here, but I can explain you the logic behind "money back" option.
There are many people that can't just acquire domain names all time and hold. For instance I have to make some sales all the time in order to buy some other domains
for future projects, so basically most of my domain names always for sale except few.
As you all know the prices for the names are going up, and vast majority of people will
agree that they will continue to go up. In my particular case I would buy back now
every single domain name I sold a year ago. I truly regret selling most of the names,
and I am telling to people all the time that if they want to sell the name later on to me
I will probably buy from them. I don't see anything wrong in letting somebody know
about that.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why giving a guarantee? Anyway Typist why did you make the charge back on him? What was his fault?

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys - Can you guys analyze based on time line?

I made the courtesy 1 year buy back offer 1 day after the sale. The sale was NOT based on any guarantees. My offer to buy back was a courtesy and a day after the sale. My sale was NOT based on forward looking statements. Just current stats. Some morons (I know exactly who they are) on this thread overlook that those biased idiots. Sure I am pissed.

The sale was not based on any kind of guarantees or revenue promises in spite of what that thief and some whack drug induced members trying hard to make it seem that way. Now if this is clear, let's move on.

In our subsequent PM exchange (after the sale) it was he who exclaimed that had he not known the name had no potential, he wouldn't have brought it regardless of stats. This is what he said....

Re: $40 Per Month Current Income Barbirgirl.Com
no, i did not take you wrongly. hope it works out. have a nice barbie pic on the page helps click thru in my opinion..

have another barbie name which makes less $$$ but it is up to you

ok

typist said:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to suggest you are a click fraudster...

I am simply reluctant to trust bodis filtering cabilities - be it fraudsters or (legitimate) bots.

I would never have bought the name if I didn't think it has potential regardless of stats. I am quite certain that it will do ok.

mgrace said:
although i agree with your assertions, i have to say that i am even more inexperienced than matt. and even more inexperienced when it comes to messing with stats or providing false info. so i go by what bodis provides.

try out the name for a whole year. if you feel the name has not lived to potential, keep the ppc revenues and i will buy it back for original sale price. this way you lost nothing.

cheers and be well

chris

typist said:
I don't have a problem trading on past stats alone for established providers, but as I already mentioned, I don't trust Bodis.

====================

And I don't trust you you mother %^%$%#$. Slam your head if I see you in person.

Give me my money back by removing the FRAUD dispute you put in you punk.

And i replied as a courtesy that if the name does not perform I will take it back after 1 year and he may keep the revenues. That snake takes advantage of my goodness.

Iswear i will break his %$% if I have to meet him face to face. And then he has the audacity to file a fraudulent claim with paypal saying product not received.

Ishowed him current stats. Did not promise him future revenues. And certainly not a dip in revenues in 2 weeks if he moved the name to some other parking provider.

That man is lucky he is not near where I am. I'd teach him some ethics which his parents failed to teach him.

Regardless of paypal decision, this is a bad judgment on his part. He must revert the fraudulent claim asap.

And no more comments on my after the sale courteous, although naive offer, please. For once comment on his ethics. It goes to show a lot about what kind of people this forum is infested with...

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh my God this is the best thread ever

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... morons ...idiots... ...Sure I am pissed....

you mother %^%$%#$. Slam your head if I see you in person.

...you punk...

...snake...

Iswear i will break his %$%...

...It goes to show a lot about what kind of people this forum is infested with...

are you smoking crack?

Retaliatory feedback, verbal abuse, violent threats - your words speak for themselves. I kept trying to resolve this amicably, but it seems you're determined to handle this in a totally irrational and unprofessional way.

dramallamarw8.jpg

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remove the dispute and return my funds YOU THIEF. There is nothing amicable about you you PUNK. You Lying whack.

Twisting statements you unethical chimp. Send my money back you THIEF.

There is NOTHING to resolve. I owe you NOTHING. Not after what you did. Yes, I can threaten anyone I want. You did that by abusing the trust we domainers have in this forum.

Send my funds right now by loggin in your paypal. There is nothing amicable about it.

I swear once more, you will pay a lot more than the grief you caused me. And this is public. I don't play you THIEVING BLACKMAILER....

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remove the dispute and return my funds YOU THIEF. There is nothing amicable about you you PUNK. You Lying whack.

Twisting statements you unethical chimp. Send my money back you THIEF.

There is NOTHING to resolve. I owe you NOTHING. Not after what you did. Yes, I can threaten anyone I want. You did that by abusing the trust we domainers have in this forum.

Send my funds right now by loggin in your paypal. There is nothing amicable about it.

I swear once more, you will pay a lot more than the grief you caused me. And this is public. I don't play you THIEVING BLACKMAILER....

I love preserving stuff like this LOL

:popcorn:

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love preserving stuff like this LOL

:popcorn:

Mummify it, Take screen shots....

Then show this collection to your grand kids. It will make up for interesting bed time stories...

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not a place to kill or threaten some one, when something happens talk with some sense and peace. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom