Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Can Someone Back Out of a Sale After You Paid Here on DNForum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made an offer to a seller via PM. I put that offer was good for 24 hours.

Thread about domain is here:

http://www.dnforum.com/f539/search-engine-optimization-cm-thread-466129.html

At 4:17 a.m. seller PM'd me this:

"Hi Barry, I noticed you just went offline just as I sent my last message. anyway since you gave a 24hours timeline.

I would like to accept your offer of $175.

The domain is at moniker so if you send a paypal payment to (HISPAYPALEMAILHERE-Redacted) and send me your moniker details I will push the domain into your account.
I need your moniker account number and account authorization code for the push

Many Thanks"

At this point, he has accepted my offer. As it was 4:17 a.m. I was not online. I came online at around 9:30 a.m., read his PM, and made payment.

He never pushed domain to me, so I PM'd him. Then a few minutes later I get paypal email that he refunded me. I wrote to him to complain and tell him he agreed to sale, he cannot back out if someone else after the fact made better offer. I told him if he did not complete sale that I would post thread about this.

He replied with

"you can someone beat you to it buddy, plus you had zero feedback."

So basically he agreed to sale, someone else offered more after the fact, he backed out of our sale to get a few extra bucks from someone else AFTER I had already paid, and tried to justify it by saying I had no feedback.

Not sure what rules are here, but I would assume this type of behavior is not acceptable since an agreement through email or PM is a legally binding agreement.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened to me just two days ago at namepros. I paid for the domain. The seller asked me for fabulous account. Then, I made a fabulous account, and gave him my account info. Then, the next day, I got a refund from the seller. At first he didn't tell me why he refunded me the money. In paypal refund message, he stated namepros closed his account. So, I tell him, we can still do the same deal at dnforum, knowing we're both members of dnf. I told him I'm still interested in the domain. So, I sent him payment again. And, I got a refund back with a message saying he's sorry he's already sold the domain to another seller.

I don't think it's worth the trouble arguing, or you should even argue with such seller. The seller sold it to someone else, for more, I would imagine. It's his decision.

I don't think it's the right thing for a seller to do such thing. But I guess some people are more desperate for money, than integrity.

We can make big deal out of it. Or we can just let it go and not deal with the same seller again. It's his lost.

You got your money back. Take that money, and deal with a better seller next time.

No one here or in any forum can do anything about it.

Call the police, and the police will laugh.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same issue is happening to me right now. Buyer made an offer via PM and I accepted and sent him the payment details. He came back on the forum next day and no response. It has been 10 days since he made the offer.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Considering how it was a .cm you just saved yourself $175 :D
But that's what the feedback button is for, you can leave negative feedback. If he reciprocates, which would be unjustified, report him to the mods.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just leave him negative feed back. I just sold a name couple days ago, when I got up and saw payment was made, I also had a email of someone offering me $150 more, but considering the first interested party already paid and we both agreed on that price, I wasn't going to renig, that is just bad business. So I transferred him the domain and alerted the new interested party that it was already sold and gave him the buyers info to see if they can work something out.

Now if it was for thousands more, I would probably work out a deal with the original interested party to prevent bad taste. But that is just me.

Stay away from this person.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also got few good offers in last few weeks, but only one has been completed yet. Users are coming online and off again, but no response. I am thinking of leaving neg.feedback to this kind of people, because I hate to waste my time with them.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also got few good offers in last few weeks, but only one has been completed yet. Users are coming online and off again, but no response. I am thinking of leaving neg.feedback to this kind of people, because I hate to waste my time with them.

Last month I had this happen to me 6 times at namepros alone. I just leave negative feedback, alerted the mods of the situation so they couldn't retaliate with unjustified negative feedback and put them on ignore. Just a few minutes of my time to weed out unprofessional flakes for the future.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you could have bought my SEO related .com domain for a little more money, but at least you'd have a +1 trader rating by now

:)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, this is not acceptable behaviour.

To protect yourself, make sure to post sold in the thread, we can only intervene if it's public.

We can not get involved in sales that happen through PM as we cannot see them.

-=DCG=-

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,
You made good point. I shouldn't have reg my .cm, the only one I have. High renewal fees. I regged it, a popular country name, because i thought it might have mistyped traffic. Parked it. I regretted it.

Stay away from .cm.

Barry, you saved your money.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,
You made good point. I shouldn't have reg my .cm, the only one I have. High renewal fees. I regged it, a popular country name, because i thought it might have mistyped traffic. Parked it. I regretted it.

Stay away from .cm.

Barry, you saved your money.

if you knew Overture and some of the his-story of .cm, then you would have known that no half decent typos would be available

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2007/06/01/100050989/

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
  1. You had an agreement. If the seller accepted your offer within the 24-hour timeframe you stated then you have a binding agreement. Sad that he chose to blow his reputation to squeeze $25.1 more from another member lol !
  2. You just saved $175. Don't look back.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering how it was a .cm you just saved yourself $175
Oh, HELL YES! What a save!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Last month I had this happen to me 6 times at namepros alone.
My first purchase at NP went this route. What was funny was I had zero feedback and the seller had zero feedback. Even though I posted sold, the seller sold it to someone after I posted because that buyer had feedback. Everyone got a big kick out of it. A zero disputing with a zero.

So, sounds like NP is becoming the eBay of domain sales - the land of non-payment and non-delivery of goods?

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When selling at namepros or just elsewhere, I expect that there is a room for this to happen. But dnf was always better imo, and I just can't believe that this is happening here and with such a high frequency.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When selling at namepros or just elsewhere, I expect that there is a room for this to happen. But dnf was always better imo, and I just can't believe that this is happening here and with such a high frequency.
It certainly is. I remember one a week or so ago, very similar situation, and I asked the OP has he ever heard of time zones? this is an international forum and marketplace and members need to be aware of this. Every time zone on the planet is represented here. For instance, it is already in the wee hours of some eastern european/asian countries right now, meaning that it is already tomorrow in some places. And when someone in australia gets up and reads this it will literally be "yesterday's news" even though to us, it is being written today.

Freaky, eh?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a twisted note you might even want to leave the deadbeat seller positive TR, after all he saved you $175. Have a nice lunch with your SO instead :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On a twisted note you might even want to leave the deadbeat seller positive TR, after all he saved you $175. Have a nice lunch with your SO instead :D

That's a gargantuan lunch for two, champagne included :D

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you might wanna avoid using Namepros.. lol even mods are useless there!!

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

There is a couple good ones... even the ones who give me infractions all the time... they are just enforcing the rules they were told to... but it is just waaaay to strict over there.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i've bought and sold some domains lately at NP with no problem

There is a couple good ones... even the ones who give me infractions all the time... they are just enforcing the rules they were told to... but it is just waaaay to strict over there.

considering some of the complaints posted here about NP, don't you think mods should be strict?

as some members wil always push the envelope to see what they can get away with and if you can't get them in-line, then others will try to do the same.

that's not in defense for np specifically, it can happen on any forum where members aren't mature enough to post and conduct business within forum guidelines.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom