• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Can you come up with $10,000...right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a survey that says that only 1 out of 10 people can come up with $10,000 right now. This isn't including a loan or credit cards, just $10k in cold hard cash. Can you?
You must be referring to the USA
Most ppl in the world couldn't come up with ten bucks
 
lol you guys love your guns.

I cant even think of a single person i know locally who even has 1 gun!
For me, yes it home protection. So is the 5 dogs. We live in a very old and large house (c.1850) back off the main road.

Prior to moving here, we did have someone attempt to break in while we were asleep. I had two German Shepards then. I should have just opened the damn door and let them rip the asshole a new asshole. I have no pity on creatins that prey on innocent people. People always thought it was foolish to keep our dogs in the house at night. What damn good would they do outside locked up? If it had not been for the dogs hearing him and charging to the door who knows what would have happened.

As for guns, the fun is in the competition. I shoot with some very highly skilled sharpshooters and competition shooters. I suck next to these guys. Several of them play a money game (x dollars per shot) shooting thumbtack 100 yards away. Crazy but fun. You learn something and sharpen your skills when you do this with people better than you. That goes for any sport, game, competition, and even applies to business.

One is a nationally ranked (or was) 1000 yard competitor. A nasty divorce has kept him out of competition which means lost sponsorship. To travel nationally and internationally you MUST have that sponsorship. Once lost, it is difficult to gain it back. Sponsors quickly line up someone else. They want their name out there on the circuit.

Was this a nationwide survey? and what age groups did they target? Ask people in Bel Air or Beverly Hills and I'm sure you'll get a higher number vs asking people in downtown Los Angeles or Hicksville USA,

I think the middle class is way over extended, families earning near 150K a year and living pay check to pay check, buying homes they can barely afford + cars and other toys, not much is left when all is paid at the end of the month, I have many friends that are in this situation, they owe so much that they cant save. As for me, I never discuss what we earn or what we owe, because it usually causes problems, when ever we sell a domain for a large sum, we NEVER tell....I dont think its wise to flash it to your friends who are less fortunate.
The first part is what I was thinking. You come to my part of the country, you'll be lucky if you can find someone with $100.00 in savings rather than $10K

Overextended is not a pretty picture. For the sales of domains, very few know what I have let alone what some have sold for. As for flaunting part, I agree with you. But it is not the intent of this thread, I persume. I too would like to know more about the survey as it is hard for me to imagine 10%. Not that I am disputing Rock at all. He saw what he saw and heard what he heard.

I think the saying is the top 1% of the wealthiest people in the US control 20% of the money. I am not sure about those figures but I know the last time I saw this mentioned I do recall a very lopsided and staggering figure.

As for living from paycheck to paycheck, I think there are now a great deal of people not even doing that. I believe some new figures on the economy are expected this week.

For the past couple of years, the housing market has carried the US economy. That has changed drastically.
 
I just am a gun freak and stockpile weapons and ammunition for that rainy day...and it never hurts having 2 guns on yourself at all times just in case ;)

You know, gotta protect that 10k in the back pocket! lol
 
Good to know I belong to the special top 10%.
 
Trust me, I work my a$$ off. Saving & investing is a necessity in today's world.
 
I have 10 K plus chillin at the bank..

By the way, if you dont listen to this man, you should...

Dave Ramsey
 
yep, I always try to keep some cash in my account, just in case a good opportunity comes up.. like if anyone wants to sell a two letter domain quickly :D

~MG
 
Next year around audit season >>>

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1
IRS_Guy
 
All those that are so liquid should maybe think about a bid on KT.net which is currently at a mere $8500 :D
 
The average bank balance in Australia is something like $2-3K, and I imagine the USA would be no different, so most people wouldn't be able to.
 
Average bank balance in the world is probably like -$200 :p
 
I keep 10 g's each in my paypal, my personal bank accounts and business bank accounts and I have $40,000 buried in my back yard. Doesn't everyone?
gotta love those domain parking checks
 
Why would anyone keep 10k in PayPal when you can use a debit card and be earning ~6% on the dough?
 
on the old "Barney Miller Show"

a young thug tells the detective that he makes more in one day on the streets, than the cop does all week!

the detectives replies "boy, you ain't nothing unless you can sign your name for something"

moral....don't need cash when you got great credit!
 
And the beauty of a 'debit ^' card is that it's not credit. Good point though Don. Maybe the question is more like "Can you raise $250k in 4 hours?"
 
Well, it was actually on TV...these were random people on the street walking by, just 1 out of 10 people.

I think quite a few of 10% lied when they saw the camera.
 
I am paying more in taxes this year than alot of my friends make overall per year..lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom