Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cancellation of tonight's auction? Add name here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given tonight's technical problems, not everyone wants to wait and see what happens....

So, if 15+ folks agree to call it off tonight, let's call it off, and do it next time.

Post here if you agree to call it off tonight, and do it next time.

Upvote 0

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm playing switzerland here but since when has 16 been a consensus of a forum of over 1,000 members? Who's rules are these?!

Domain Summit 2024

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, today has been miserable for any true DNF addict.

I need my fix. Quick - someone sell me a domain for $1.

Reschedule for mid-week.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I couldn't make it, but from the comments and seeing the results, I think a re-start is in order if in fact willing buyers were not able to get in.

How about an official decision? Yes or No from the forum management.

I'm getting reluctant to put anything up again until some stability comes. First it was a live beta test, then changing dates with lower attendance, now apparently a technical glitch.

I don't mind an absolute auction with $1 starting prices if there are enough bidders to make it realistic. With a low buyer count for whatever reason it's just a donation to a live experiment. When the forum was free, a donation was no big deal. For membership fees, I expect some return, which is why I've been holding out on paying for membership. For now, I'll have to consider changing my starting bids to cover potential lack of enabled buyer population I guess.

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the advantage of having an "exciting" bidding atmosphere is offset by restricting buyers to bid during a short period of time. However, the proxy bidding that Greg is working on should help keep the excitement while also making it easy for bidders to bid anytime during the week. So if this happens again when the proxy bids are in place, my question is, will the highest proxy bid hold? That would be one reason to place your best proxy bid. Plus, will a person know if their proxy bid is the highest bid when they place it, and if you place a proxy bid and someone else then places a higher proxy bid, will the person who was outbid on their proxy bid be notified?

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man i really wanted to get some $$$ too bad... if you cancel reapply the names to a auction in a few days

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Final thought: Restore normalcy by tom'w ... run some pre-auction "tests" on Tuesday AND Tuesday afternoon/night ... and if all goes well, start the whole thing over from scratch on Wednesday/Thursday p.m. @ 7:00 p.m. CST .... giving the European members plenty of notice, or at least, reasonable notice. Then, back to regular Sunday night schedule (beginning 3/2). Do NOT attempt another date(s)/time(s) for the next/subsequent weekly auction(s) ... we need a regular, concrete Sunday p.m. auction schedule. IMHO.
Now, I'm exhausted!
Goodnight. :cool:

CallMeJ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, if the auction is rescheduled...

I had a name up for auction. Am I still bound to keep my name in the auction??

I signed up to auction it tonight... not to auction it whenever the real auction happened.

Maybe I missed something in the terms regarding that. :confused:

And I'm not whining and don't personally care so much either way... but this is probably an issue that needs to be addressed.

(spelling edit)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 3 names up for auction and I agree it should be null and void as it would be unfair otherwise to those whose names were bought for so low, (mine weren't reached before it crashed).
Man am I glad I didn't stay up to participate!
Another reason to make a live auction available for other time zones, once the thing is stable.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. My mother-inlaw died Friday and I was at the rosary last night. It looks like there was a DDOS last night. We'll reschedule for next Sunday same time. Like the time we rescheduled before, you will be able to delete entries but you can't add or change.

Last night's auction is void. It was obvious a lot of people couldn't access the site.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Sorry guys. My mother-inlaw died Friday and I was at the rosary last night. It looks like there was a DDOS last night. We'll reschedule for next Sunday same time. Like the time we rescheduled before, you will be able to delete entries but you can't add or change.

Last night's auction is void. It was obvious a lot of people couldn't access the site.

Sorry to hear that. You ok?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sorry about your mother in law, stay cool.

Regards,
tw

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...Last night's auction is void. It was obvious a lot of people couldn't access the site.

Thanks for the definitive answer. May I suggest an announcement/sticky post in the live auction forum? with a week delay, some may unknowingly break rules by having domains included that expire within the 30 days, or not know they can be deleted from the list or may not be around to do transfers next week. I'd hate to see more missunderstandings next week from those who may not find this thread or follow it to the end as buyer or seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom