Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Can't decide between leaving domains with landing pages or parking...

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I am on Afternic...Who has opinions, ideas or experiences about which would go further in the monetization of names and why?

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your names wont make any money if they are hand regs. No traffic. So parking is pretty much out unless you bought dropped names with residual traffic.

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your names wont make any money if they are hand regs. No traffic. So parking is pretty much out unless you bought dropped names with residual traffic.
Thanks

Reaction score
Agreed you can't monetise non-traffic domains. However I have sold a fair few by parking at my own place (see link) - most times people who are interested in a specific domain will type in the domain and see what's there. If you have a pretty page clearly showing the domain for sale and with an easy way for them to contact you or make offer it goes a long way. The difference between using a marketplace and actual parking page is usually between trying to catch a reseller (who might be persuaded if they see your name in a list) or an enduser (who wants *that* particular domain).

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking entails ppc ads on the domain. Having a landing page is another thing completely and I would always recommend to use that before no content.

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parking entails ppc ads on the domain. Having a landing page is another thing completely and I would always recommend to use that before no content.
Yes, only a landing page would be of any use to me. Without the wasted time and effort for all those pages.
Thanks for the answer I was hoping for. I am working on an instant site with GoDaddy. Would it be of any use to list sites there as well as they really are the same?
Squadhelp is interesting. Besides social networks and Forums.Where else...Oh, I will as about email marketing, and lead generation for end-users on the public side. That is where I want to go eventually. Focus on end-users, dumping most of the hand regs and getting names with better value as I learn more about where the market is going.
Thanks again Castion (and everyone else!) ,

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Squadhelp wants you to use their landing pages if names are accepted. Rob is offering a free service you can use for the rest

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Squadhelp wants you to use their landing pages if names are accepted. Rob is offering a free service you can use for the rest
Thanks, I will look into it. I don't want to dd domains to squadhelp...I just want to check into the contests for now to see reaction and get a handle of how I fair compared to other creators. The money is not a huge reason to spend alot of time on that particuar site. I am not going to let them register domains i create for next to nothing. It is useful to get a different perspective and checking out a new arena just for the experience.
Landers are landers and they are free at afternic also. I am interested in what I can do with the Godaddy site as an additional experiment..

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't afternic charge a commission if you sell via the page?

Ahhh... see that why it is good to take a chance to think out loud on this forum! I have to go over much of what I thought I knew. Thanks for saving me what could have been a lesson learned the hard way. So much of what I think I know, so far, is as a result of having read it somewhere...and there is so much "dry" information out there, it's impossible to absorb it all...never mind be able to weigh it off another idea or suggestion. etter to look stupid than to have actually been stupid instead. (Mistakes, big or small, made in this business can be pretty public, embarrassing never mind the loss of time and money. I somehow had gotten the idea that to enjoy "fast transfer at AFTERNIC"you had to use their parking pages. They do try to push you towards that. They tend to be good at being quietly pushy! I think you may have a better way/choice! Live and learn! With help, thanks!
123...here I go again!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think, whether you have your own landing pages, or use a suppliers landing platform or ppc parking, you have to assess the cost to participate, if any.
you also have to consider any "returns" that one model or service, can provide that others don't.... preferably at the cheapest cost for you.

ppc parking is free, and you can potentially earn some return$ on your names, while waiting for offers.
some pppc's let you handle your own inquires and they don't charge a commission for that.
while others, process the inquiry and any sale thru their platform and charge a commission

landing pages don't earn any ppc, and such services are typically free to list on.
some of these services charge commission if a sale is made from their platform, and some don't.

one who is deciding, may want to consider a variety of options at the same time, or they can put all their eggs in one basket
but whatever you do, it's "your responsibility" to read the terms of service and be aware of any and all costs associated with a potential sale.

imo...

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think, whether you have your own landing pages, or use a suppliers landing platform or ppc parking, you have to assess the cost to participate, if any.
you also have to consider any "returns" that one model or service, can provide that others don't.... preferably at the cheapest cost for you.

ppc parking is free, and you can potentially earn some return$ on your names, while waiting for offers.
some pppc's let you handle your own inquires and they don't charge a commission for that.
while others, process the inquiry and any sale thru their platform and charge a commission

landing pages don't earn any ppc, and such services are typically free to list on.
some of these services charge commission if a sale is made from their platform, and some don't.

one who is deciding, may want to consider a variety of options at the same time, or they can put all their eggs in one basket
but whatever you do, it's "your responsibility" to read the terms of service and be aware of any and all costs associated with a potential sale.

imo...

thanks for the very inclusive input. I don't know if you can remember "waaaaay back when you began your trek in this ADventure of domaining. Try. having learned from and being a part of its very inception, you guys were making all up as you went along. You grew up DOMAINING (YOU grew IT up and "grew up" in it) So it's yours and you know it...and know "it", inside and out!
! You weren't jumping into what for what, at this time, sometimes can feel like a forboding rapid swamp of opportunities and/or disasters, either, even, if tried out in union, hoping for the best. Whether your decisions at every turn came as a result of experience, hope or luck, if the end is success ($$$!), they are.later studied, taken note of and structured into what will be known as (for however long), the "APPROACH"! (Just try teaching some noobie THAT!)
So, you actually had a hand in creating the elements options and ideas that influence and form the changeable structure we work within, today known as Domaining.
(is that the right term?)
So thanks for your insight.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators