Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed CarDVDplayers.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi. How much do you think " CarDVDPlayers.com" would be worth ?

Please have a go at this !!

regards,

Arvind

Domain summit 2024

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a lot.
It would have been more if it were CarCDPlayers.com

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Gopalam.

How much do you think i should be asking for it. Could you quantify !!

Thanks,

Arvind

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I frankly did'nt know that Car DVD players exist !! I took solely on the Overture inventory count & after I made a search in Google.

I searched in Google & found that there are Kong companies like Pioneer, Alpine, Panasonic etc. making these gadgets !!

I guess these folks usually do not invest in domain names like mine. I have been told that market for the domain lies with Electronic retailers !!

Could somebody give me an estimate of it's value & marget segments for direct mailing !!

Has anyone checked out these gadgets ( hope this is not deviating us from the main subject) ? Any chance these players will kick off !!

P

President Gringo

Hi,
You might be able to sell this on, but don't expect much money for it.

Car dvd players are expensive and people are not really willing to spend that sort of money for something that passengers would reap the benefits of. Small market, not worth the hassle on this name i'm afraid.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Prez Gringo,

Thanks for the inputs. Thanks for your frank opinion.

Any suggestions for me on the pricing ($$ ) & the target market.

regards,

Arvind

P

President Gringo

The problem with this domain is that it is product specific, and that whoever sells incar dvd players would also sell a lot of other car products. Therefore this name would only be worth something if it had traffic.

Does it have any?

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Prez, Well it does have some type in traffic. Inventory.Overture showed some respectable traffic for the phrase.

My idea was though it covers a niche product, with a limited market, this domain could serve to be a useful startoff point to any car decor/ car accessory/ car electronics/ car audio retailer who would want to corner any traffic that possiblly comes in for this high ticket item!!

Well, I live in a different part of the world & have very little idea about how things for such stuff work. I would appreciate any help/ inputs you can provide.

Thanks.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, here is a suggestion for a starting point (sorry I don't have time to do the research for you). Are TV's for cars catching on? How about VCR's for cars? I expect that neither of these would be directed to the driver --the kids in the back seat?

See how this market is doing first. If it's doing well I am sure the kids who watch Lion King on VHS during a road trip to Florida would pester daddy for a DVD soon.

IMHO, do your research in this (larger) sister market and evaluate the speculative potential of your domain.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah IPatlas, I will put in some research on the market - cross selling, upselling potential & market size estimations.

Thanks for your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators