Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed .cc value ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franky

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

is .cc worth anything? :confused:

i'm asking 'coz i'd just found out that *******.cc (edited; it's the name of a big city) is still available.

should i go ahead registering it? :eek:

added:
counts at:
overture: 65k
google: 6000k

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Franky, I'm new here too - greetings to you and other members.

I had a .cc but let it drop. IMO most, if not all, country code domain names are a waste of your money. Stay with the generic top level domains.

some will tell you .anything is ok as they can be used in the search engines. Thats fine if you're looking to develop it for that goal.

That aside, .cc has no vanity and no prestige so you simply won't get good value end user sales from them. If you are looking to turn reg fee into $30-$50 on ebay then it could be worth a shot.

M

Mythios

I do not have any faith in .cc. GreatDomains.com has a list of high profile sales and Beauty.cc is one of them, having purportedly been sold for $1,000,000, which I doubt seriously. I would not get any .cc at all. I have a couple of big city domains, one a .com and one a .org and no one has offered me anything for those. Stay away from .cc.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the subject of .cc, remember the $1 million 'sale' price of beauty.cc a couple of years ago? - even GreatDomains has it listed as one of the all-time high sales.

Since then, I don't recall seeing a substantial website to recoup this $1 million...well, type it in now and see what you find :)

This Domain is on Hold
The Domain beauty.cc has been placed on hold by the registry.

LOL

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless it is a highly generic term, the sort of thing that would sell over $1,000,000 in .com in a good market I say forget it.

By the way reg fee are about $50 / year and there is a $200 transfer fee for .cc. So I would not resell it for $30 - $50 on ebay.

I say $500 minimum for this to work, which is why you need the very best in .cc

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.cc? couldn't care less.

Franky

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings to all the members here, thanks for the reply!

the reg fee is about $30.00, but i'm just awared of the $200 transfer fee, as fineE pointed out. wow, $200! (http://www.enic.cc/policies/fees.html)

now the question concerning the transfer fee. let's say, i register it at registerfly where i can 'push' the domain name to other member's account. so can i just do the transfer in this way? then, the new owner just changes the info from his/her account. is this possible? :confused:

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NO
neither is .WS, .TV, or any other cctld (country code) including .US

just look around you, have to seen and sales, and demand for them,

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. There are only two new domain addresses that will rock big time - the gTLDs .info and .biz.

Mind you, sales are going on for these new gTLDs, but it doesn't have to be public knowledge.

Originally posted by Nic
NO
neither is .WS, .TV, or any other cctld (country code) including .US

just look around you, have to seen and sales, and demand for them,

Exactly, how many domain wanted ads do you see saying "looking for top quality .cc names"? Though .us isn't quite as worthless as .tv/.ws/.cc in my view :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.us has the best chance of spinning off from the ccTLD pack.

But the fact remains that the internet is a international channel, and the best internet addresses reflect that.

Why bother with Nexus, when you can have it all? :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many country code TLDs being sold are simply the result of corporations approaching tiny countries with a deal to make money together by getting folks to part with their $$ for something that has limited appeal.

If someone gave me $50 on condition I gambled it on either a ccTLD domain name or on lotto tickets, without hesitiation it would be the tickets.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about the World Cup Finals :D ?

The reason why the ccTLDs became popular for a while was purely opportunistic moves by some enterprising businessmen - the artificial scarcity syndrome that saw millions of ridiculous names being registered on the .com platform.

Today that is changing fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators