Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

CCN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
okay if u want to know :) . it was listed on sedo and bought it off there w/ sedo escrow :) . its my agreemnet with sedo to keep it as private sale. i don;t like to be published at public nor at dnjournal sales ;)

about 8q & 6f.com , I bought if off here at dnf in december.

i purchased it with legal way...

Domain Summit 2024

locos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smile

I am generally a very nice guy. Laid back. No temper. But your flagrant attitude of "I bought it in a legal way" rubbed me the wrong way. So I tracked down Ron Creamer, the legitimate owner of ccn.com

I have spoken personally with Mr. Creamer.

ccn.com is a stolen domain name.

Legal action will be commencing on this domain.

If you sell this domain without informing the purchaser that you have been informed that the domain was stolen, you will be open to legal action from the purchaser when/if the domain is returned to its rightful owner.

If you would like to avoid the pending legal battle, I can put you in touch with Mr. Creamer's attorney.

Feel free to PM me.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:party:

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hm i dont know why are u saying that. this is funny... i have written document from sedo when i bought it. IF THIS DOMAIN WAS STOLEN, would it take 2 years for him to realize it was stolen ? lol ... and why wouldnot him just call the registar then to ask the domain back during these 2 years ? Could you NOT log in to yr account ONCE during two years to check yr domains ? I dont think so. FYI, Justin from sedo said this domain has been parked w/ sedo for long time. i have complete data over one year before i bought it. and this is from my acc in sedo :

Date of Purchase: 2005-01-26
Purchasing Price: X ( i changed this)
Online Contract: Buyer's Version
Online Contract: Seller's Version
Negotiation Activity
Your Registrar: Go Daddy Software, Inc.

Transaction History:

2005-01-26 Agreement reached
2005-01-26 Please send us your payment for the domain. The invoice for this sale can be found here:
Invoice
As soon as your payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.
2005-02-09 We have received your payment for the domain. Thank you! We can now begin the technical transfer.
2005-02-15 This transfer has been successfully completed!

pls confirm with sedo if you want , I have no problem at all.
IF you have anything to ask, pls go directly to SEDO or [email protected] himself. I have kept complete documentation including the legal papers for this transaction.

one of the last email of communication of me w/ [email protected] was :

At 09:39 15.02.2005, you wrote:

okay I just bought transfer from godaddy. Is this gonna take 5 days ?

rudy
Dear Rudy,

Normally transfers between registrars take between 3 and 7 days.

Best regards,

Justin Fletcher
Key Account Manager
UK/Intl Transfer Manager

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.152 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

locos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smile said:
1) hm i dont know why are u saying that. this is funny

2) IF THIS DOMAIN WAS STOLEN, would it take 2 years for him to realize it was stolen ? lol

Smile,

1) Not really that funny. Any prospective domain purchaser should check out the past history of a domain to make sure it isn't stolen before buying it. Took me 2 mins on whois.sc + 10 mins on Google to get Ron Creamer's contact phone number.

2) A lot of non-domainers don't know what to do when NSI tells them "we accepted a change on your account - it passed our internal standards".

In the past 6 months or so, people like GeorgeK and myself, (among many others) are much more willing to educate non-domainers on what their legal options are.

I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is on domain theft, but I'd bet that it is hasn't yet hit on ccn.com which was stolen April 26, 2003.

I'm not an attorney, so take this with a sack of salt. But I'd recommend you retain a lawyer, or contact Ron Creamer directly.

btw, would you like our Super Size popcorn for only $0.50 more? It comes with free refills!

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get your money back from the person you supposedly bought it from, after it's shown to be stolen. If they bought it from Ronald Creamer, let them show the proof.

Sedo has had other stolen domains before (iraq.com for one), that have reverted back to the true owners. Nothing new to see here. Take a look at what happened to Indiana.com, Secretary.com, Size.com and other names -- all returned to true prior owners.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you the same Rudy Hadisentosa who owns both togoe.com and wwwabestweb.com, yet has a WHOIS in Ohio? I notice both names are at GoDaddy, like CCN.com:

www.whois.sc/togoe.com
www.whois.sc/wwwabestweb.com
http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=66225

It would be unusual to have 2 domainers with such a unique name. Maybe the moderators could check the IP address of the poster, to see if they're from China, Indonesia, or Ohio.

More:

User on DNForum = hadisentosa
http://www.dnforum.com/member.php?userid=7558

Birthday = Sept 27

User on DNforum: smile
http://www.dnforum.com/member.php?u=58791

Home page is listed in profile as Wihara.com !! (assuming he doesn't edit it)

Whois of Wihara.com = OHIO!!

http://www.whois.sc/wihara.com

Registrant:
Rudy Hadisentosa
50 North Street #13
Columbus, Ohio 43202
United States

Registered through: 14am
Domain Name: WIHARA.COM
Created on: 09-Mar-04
Expires on: 09-Mar-14
Last Updated on: 20-Feb-05

Administrative Contact:
Hadisentosa, Rudy [email protected]
50 North Street #13
Columbus, Ohio 43202
United States
6145981190 Fax --

Not only are you using differently WHOIS for ccn.com, in China (yet your flag on this account says Indonesia), you're REALLY in Ohio. And easily reached by US lawyers.

Very confusing to me.

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol..
i studied in ohio state univ as international student from indonesia. graduated. now in china learning mandarin. would u like to see my degree too ? how about the newsletter i got from ohio state alumni association? passport ? Honestly, i feel offended by this.

r u suspecting me of stealing this domain ? Instead of checking the coorg india or sedo to check if this is was stolen. u investigated me instead. what do u mean by this

whats wrong with u ?

LOL... can u even read wihara.com ? other than the index file, the others are using indonesian language.
do u have any problem if i am too lazy to change my 250s domain spreaded on many registars ? u r funny...
mods pls check my ip to see im in beijing, china atm.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it just appears very fishy to me (and others, esp. since it's now known to be a stolen name). And accurate WHOIS is required by ICANN policies.

wihara.com is also listed in your name, with a last updated date of Feb 20, 2005. Yet, its address is in Ohio.

http://www.whois.sc/wihara.com

Why would that WHOIS not be the same as CCN.com? 2 completely different phone numbers, emails, everything.

Also, it was never explained having 2 accounts?

The hadisentosa account posted as recently as Feb 7th:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=79504

"i have Vhumor.com ..."

And vhumor.com is your WHOIS. The 'smile' account has been posting before and after that date.

I'm pretty sure not many others on DNForum have 2 accounts, so that's another unusual thing.

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for wihara.com pls check my posting on page 2 bottom.

who is updated...

thanks for letting me know... would you mind to scan all my other domain and let me know if the whois is not in china ?

in 04 i was in ohio so can't i put ohio in my who is ?
now im in china, shall I put ohio as well ?

lol... does the exclusive invitation not for sale ? weird.. i saw some on ebay

r u satisfied yet ?

what do you actually want from me? if you think this domain is stolen why don't you just contact Tiger ,sedo, directly instead of offending the innocent buyer... do you have anything else to do? no wonder you got 1689 posts so easily....

p.s instead of waiting mods confirmation of my ip, you go ahead saying things

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're the one holding on to the name -- just asking questions to sort out the truth.

Especially since the domain, as you said in the first post of this thread "just listed [NB: RE-LISTED] at sedo.." (where it was listed for a time before you "bought it", also via Sedo). Richard and I (and others) are out to protect someone who might buy that domain from you, not knowing its history. And of course the true owner.

We have a great history of helping others in similar situations, dating back years (e.g. you can find nigger.com in Google, going back several years, and there are private ones before that).

http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/05/070845

(Richard's great at finding people! I'm good at digging too and linking things together)

Working together and with the assistance of others on this very site, many folks have been helped, here and elsewhere, in either not buying a fishy domain, or having their stolen property recovered.

P.S. Locos = Richard "Domainer of the Year" Lau, for the newbies.

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can sense that you actually a nice guy trying to help us (domainers) from potential harm from bad people. I thank you for that. I also want to thank locos for pointing the point i didnot check before. A lot of people must have been helped by you and locos, i can tell from the article, and from the seniority u have in this forum.
You also pointed me , i should change my who is. its really a good advice. really
I am trully sorry for whatever fault i had in this thread or to u and locos personally.

sincerely,

rudy

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Sedo is able to refund your payment, and recover that payment from the prior registrant (Tiger), so that you're made "whole". But, as we've seen in other cases (e.g. Indiana.com, Size.com, Secretary.com), often it's the last real person who has the name that suffers the loss.

locos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smile/rudy

George is a digger. I personally would like to think that you are simply a victim by way of not having checked the history of this domain in combination with grabbing a lowball accepted offer by the seller.

Unfortunately, you are not the first person to buy a stolen domain. There are various ways to emerge with your reputation intact. I'll PM you with suggestions.

M

mole

lay off guys.

Strange, but although I think that while most domainers are sex exploiting, traffic bsh*tters, money laundrying pirates and Iraq hostage takers, Rudy looks like one of those rich chinese indonesians who bought the name from Sedo with all honest intent.

Please don't challenge with accusations just because you think you are a hero out to save the domain world from wicked thieves. It could just be your paranoia playing up again.

Rudy, I suggest you screen capture this thread and send it to your lawyers on Monday for advise. Do not post anymore trying to defend yourself.

Be aware that members here have the semanticall skills to pull you out of shape. I think you will have a case if you were innocent of any so-called criminal acts, inherited or otherwise. Only you will know.

btw, since this is an appraisal thread, I would honestly appraise it at $3m-$5m because I watch CNN everyday and for a moment there, I thought you were selling CNN.com hahahahaa.

I can imagine the massive amount of QUALITY traffic you must be getting from typos.

locos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
lay off guys.
Please don't challenge with accusations just because you think you are a hero out to save the domain world from wicked thieves. It could just be your paranoia playing up again.

Ok, this is me officially laying off.

I'm no hero, and it's late Friday night so maybe some of my sarcasm came off too strongly as accusations.

Smile - keep smiling and the world will smile with you.

Good night all.

JeeJee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed with MOLE.
I was expecting to see some appraisal but i read some interesting points and suggestion. This thread is indeed educational to all domainers.

I've also intended to "buy" an exclusive account. That means i might also have 2 accounts.

Smile or Rudy is probably an Indonesian who studied in USA and is now in China. Nothing wrong with that and he can be in Malaysia tomorrow :)

However, i guess he is a victim if the name is stolen. But he probably is getting a good deal if the case failed and the name is not stolen but rather mismanaged?? Who knows what price did Sedo sold him the name for?

Lastly, good luck with it.

Rudy, janganlah marah. Saya ingat mereka hanya mahu tolong semua orang yang tidak faham "the whole situation".

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom