Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Change registrant from company to personal without reseting the registration date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of my domains is registered in my companies name, I want to change the registrant information to my personal name but I don't want the date of registration to be reset.

Is there a way or is there any registrar that will allow you to modify the registrant name without changing the date of registration?

If anyone knows how I can do this please let me know.

Thanks.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi innit.

At eNom you can change the info anytime--as often as you like--back and forth. You can also set yourself up seperate accounts--one for business--one for personal--and push the names from one account to another. We have a couple different eNom accounts ourselves. You control all the contact info--and don't need to request anything from the registrar. None of these things should change the date of registration. It will just show up in whois databases as "last time record updated" I believe.

I think if you change the registrant information, it is interpreted as a change of ownership, and the registration date is then reset to the current day..

can anyone confirm this and is it different from registrar to registrar?

Thanks.

FM9000

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just checked the last domain I bought and it has the registration date listed as the day it was first registered by the old owner even though it has changed ownership and registrars since then. I don't watch the dates very closely but that is what I've noticed when I have checked them.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep DNWiz--me too. I just checked several names that I have pushed to other eNom accounts--and they still show the original date. I never really thought about it before--but it does seem to stay the same innit. However--after checking a couple different whois--it did show the date the information changed as record updated. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators