Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Change thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So a few days ago I noticed that a sales thread had its title changed to "pending" I then asked if it was possible to do that. The op -Biggie, who happens to be a Moderator- put back the title (4750.com) but then after selling the domain he again changed to title to Sold! and closed the thread.

This is the thread:

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/sold-thread-505174.html

So my question is, the Mods (like Biggie) can do with their sales threads whatever they want including editing the title and closing the thread ?

I dont see this fair to the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So a few days ago I noticed that a sales thread had its title changed to "pending" I then asked if it was possible to do that. The op -Biggie, who happens to be a Moderator- put back the title (4750.com) but then after selling the domain he again changed to title to Sold! and closed the thread.

This is the thread:

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/sold-thread-505174.html

So my question is, the Mods (like Biggie) can do with their sales threads whatever they want including editing the title and closing the thread ?

I dont see this fair to the rest of us.

no one does whatever they want with their sales threads.

that was isolated incident, where a buyer and member of this forum was initially hesitant about sending payment

and, to keep others informed, I posted "pending" and forgot to add the domain name back in the title

now, in the 10 yrs I've been here, I've changed thousands of thread titles for others and have told members how to edit and close their own threads.

but how many of them are going to post here now and say, yeah, biggie fixed my thread?

still, some want to try and say mods do something that you can't

well, yes we can, we were given authority to open, close, move, delete or edit threads

and if I can't be trusted by now, to edit my own thread accordingly, then wtf am I doing here?

so, are you accusing me of doing something devious?

the shit that really cracks me up is, none of the complainers ever placed a bid on the name.

yet, now they have an interest in the title of a thread where the domain was sold

lol

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie is a great MOD and were fortunate to have him, has done an outstanding job over the years. Changing thread titles is I guess a benefit that comes with the job!

Adam and the Staff get to apply changes and force rules on members as they wish, it's a private forum. However I do understand the point the OP is trying to make but this is a private forum, it's that simple.

no one does whatever they want with their sales threads.

that was isolated incident, where a buyer and member of this forum was initially hesitant about sending payment

and, to keep others informed, I posted "pending" and forgot to add the domain name back in the title

now, in the 10 yrs I've been here, I've changed thousands of thread titles for others and have told members how to edit and close their own threads.

but how many of them are going to post here now and say, yeah, biggie fixed my thread?

still, some want to try and say mods do something that you can't

well, yes we can, we were given authority to open, close, move, delete or edit threads

and if I can't be trusted by now, to edit my own thread accordingly, then wtf am I doing here?

so, are you accusing me of doing something devious?

the shit that really cracks me up is, none of the complainers ever placed a bid on the name.

yet, now they have an interest in the title of a thread where the domain was sold

lol

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe the rules should be applied equally to all members.

You then added the domain after we asked, but after that you again "forgot" to add the domain in the title.

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggie is a great MOD and were fortunate to have him, has done an outstanding job over the years. Changing thread titles is I guess a benefit that comes with the job!

Adam and the Staff get to apply changes and force rules on members as they wish, it's a private forum. However I do understand the point the OP is trying to make but this is a private forum, it's that simple.

Well then that should be stated for the record, something like "staff don't have the follow the rules" or something like that.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks CureC

all the shit me and you been thru and you still step up......that's what I call unbiased support!

Much Appreciated

:)

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rules are for members, it's that simple. Honestly it's not worth stressing about it, DNF Mod's have it hard enough drop it.

I truly believed rules were for everyone. I guess I was wrong.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well then that should be stated for the record, something like "staff don't have the follow the rules" or something like that.

no rule was broken

the domain was originally in the title when the thread was created

there is no rule that says "the title of the thread cannot be changed" and if there was, then staff could not change it for you, after you make a mistake or forget to add.

therefore all your closed threads would stay closed, that were closed for such violations

but I see what your agenda is, and when you need or want staff to fix one of your threads in the future, hope you remember these accusations you make now

cuz, none of us are perfect.

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but I see what your agenda is, and when you need or want staff to fix one of your threads in the future, hope you remember these accusations you make now

cuz, none of us are perfect.

I haven't asked anything to the staff in all this years NEVER, and I won't ask any favors in the future you can write that down. That is not my agenda.

Ok, I accept that you did not violate any rules, but you obviously took advantage of your position to do something many memebers here would like to do which is modify a sales thread. I see that very unfair. This is my point of view and it won't change no matter what. period.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't asked anything to the staff in all this years NEVER, and I won't ask any favors in the future you can write that down. That is not my agenda.

Ok, I accept that you did not violate any rules, but you obviously took advantage of your position to do something many memebers here would like to do which is modify a sales thread. I see that very unfair. This is my point of view and it won't change no matter what. period.

Look I'm not picking sides, but if you like to edit sales thread titles you can post your domain names in a domain name forum that allows that option. DNF Staff have the right to make any changes, rules only apply to them if they post hate or racist comments, pointing fingers at the hardest and most loyal MOD in our industry is unfair!!! Biggie has been a DNF Mod for years and has never taken advantage of anything, I've had moments were I got cranky we bumped heads otherwise he's been a honest and hardworking MOD - I've seen dozens of wannabe MODS come and go and Biggie has been here all along and continues to make this outstanding and best Domaining Forum a fun and professional place to do business.

DNF Staff are very reliable when you need them to make changes, I've made hundreds of request over the years and not a single one was left in the dark. Trust me!

You have every right to complaint but honestly your out of line here.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never asked that one of my thread titles be changed but that's because I've started remarkably few threads since I joined, maybe that's the solution, don't start any threads cuz you may just want to change the title later and you may not be able to .... LMFAO, I've been more of a follower than a creator when it comes to thread initiating, maybe that'll change lol....:eyebrows:
And Biggie, make sure you keep sending CureCancer Cuban cigars, BudLites, canned tuna, whatever it is that he likes LMFAO.... :bounce:

cuz....that was a staunch defense of a mod if there ever was one, I like all mods/admins/Adam, sometimes I agree with things they do, sometimes I may not... but NamePros isn't really a 100% alternative to DNF imho, NP can be a good complement but all we got is DNF basically, so .....we gotta take the good with the somewhat bad sometimes.... (as for DomainState, it's been on life support for the longest time, they're not even in the running...) As to CureCancer's upgrade to Exclusive quip, many experienced domainers who are also excellent DNF members doubt they should due to cost, and also it's not all that different from Platinum, but still... I recommend Exclusive if you're serious about your investments.... ;)

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I can relate this to when I was 16 matching the speed of a cop car going 70 in a marked 50 (which so happened to be him on unofficial duty at the time)... that didn't stop him from writing me a ticket for 20 over (almost wreck-less driving), me paying it and my insurance going up because of it. :)

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you obviously took advantage of your position to do something many memebers here would like to do which is modify a sales thread.
I wouldn't say it's unfair because any member can request a change of thread title
but since you can't do that yourself you have to ask a mod.
What Biggie did is, he asked himself lol.

But it's not like he did something that any other member would never be allowed to do.
IMO... :)

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am viewing this thread from an entirely different angle.. I think being able to change your own thread titles is a good suggestion. I second it.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with CrumblePie. First, the TS should be able to close his own thread. I've suggested that at some point but we still can't. Likewise, the TS should also be able to change the thread title...... but this one is a little more complicated...... if I call my thread "GreatTravel.com for sale at $2,500" and then I get a lot of enquiries and PMs and I sense many are interested, in that case I should not be allowed to change the title to "GreatTravel.com for sale at $3,500" for instance, in effect cheating, that's one example where somebody could take advantage and cases like this mean mods would need to monitor these even more closely, it may be too big a burden for the mod on duty at some point

So while I'd like to be able to change my thread title I can see why Admins might not want that feature and want us to go thru mods. But closing a thread should be allowed. What mods always need to do is make sure the old adage "Do as I say, not as I do" does not apply to them in any situation lol...... if users start getting the impression mods could help themselves at times but might be reluctant to help some members, then I can see how that may contribute to some type of perception problem

;)

I am viewing this thread from an entirely different angle.. I think being able to change your own thread titles is a good suggestion. I second it.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with CrumblePie. First, the TS should be able to close his own thread and I've suggested that at some point on some thread but we still can't on DNF. Likewise, the TS should also be able to change the thread title...... but this one is a little more complicated since if I title my thread "GreatTravel.com for sale at $2,500" and then I get a lot of enquiries and PMs and I sense many are interested, in that case I should not be allowed to change the title to "GreatTravel.com for sale at $3,000", effectively swindling DNF members if allowed, that's one example where somebody could take advantage, and examples like this would mean the mods would need to monitor these closely, it may be too big of a burden to the mod on duty at some point

How about being able to change the thread title to either "Closed", "Sold", "Pending" or "Over" (then you couldn't abuse it) and after the thread title is one of those three, have the option to close it. If the sell falls through, you always have an option to reopen another thread in 24 hours. Easy vB modification.

Then, there would be no (unfulfilled for the most part) request to change a thread title to one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom