Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

charge back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for your domain name registration, you agree and acknowledge that the domain name registration shall be transferred to Whois-Search Register as the paying entity for that registration to the registry."

"If you are a seller in a credit card transaction, you understand and agree that you are responsible for payment to RegistryRocket or its agents, suppliers, and subcontractors of all amounts and costs related to charge-back in full and the amount of the charge-back itself. Your responsibility for all charge-back-related fees and amounts will continue even in instances where the charge-back has been initiated after you have received the funds or terminated your RegistryRocket account. You further agree that RegistryRocket or its agents, suppliers, and subcontractors can enforce this agreement against you and recover such charge-back-related fees and amounts from you in accordance with this Agreement or through any other legal rights or remedies that RegistryRocket or its agents, suppliers, and subcontractors may have. RegistryRocket shall not be obligated to facilitate payment for any transaction for which funds have not been provided by the buyer's issuing bank."

As lots of us are enom resellers is this anything to worry about ?

has anyone had expericance of this ?

if someone uses a stolen credit card on our site do we get charged by enom ?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope, but best to confirm with sales at enom.

One of my resellers had an order for a domain for 10 years - fraud. Her commision was not added to but she was not charged for anything.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am debating about including a clause that states that a charge back can result in a fine up to $500 and loss of domain name...

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it is fraud, the charge and commission will reverse. Good thing for enom resellers, safe business.

tw

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ribat.bz 5 yrs.. LOL :D :D I would love to trace each and everyone of this scumbags and kick their ass in real..
One question: you are saying that if in few days you discover fraud, you can have it canceled with enom. But that for that $100/yr program they serve, right? What about if you use your own cc processor through their API? Can you still have domain names canceled if you discover fraud in few days? THX

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainAddict
ribat.bz 5 yrs.. LOL :D :D I would love to trace each and everyone of this scumbags and kick their ass in real..
One question: you are saying that if in few days you discover fraud, you can have it canceled with enom. But that for that $100/yr program they serve, right? What about if you use your own cc processor through their API? Can you still have domain names canceled if you discover fraud in few days? THX

You must wait for you Payment Solution (you use 2checkout I think) to do a fraud check, which they do on all transactions, and takes a day or two.

If it is fraud, they will void it, and you can contact enom to see if they can transfer the domain to you or refund your charges.

If someone does a chargeback (they have 120 days to do one) you will be stuck paying the chargeback fees, which are $15-25, depending on payment solution you have.

I would highly recommend authorize.net, not a virtual merchant account, for regs.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NameGuy: Well yeah, but does this stay if I use my own cc processor and not enom? Lets say I use 2co.com and i find a fraud. Would they still refund my account for that name, and delete it from registry? thx

Doberry: do i need my own merchant account in order to use authorize.net? Or what would you suggesT? thanks!

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eNom has instituted some new security measures and a new policy on fraud and chargebacks.

If someone uses a fraudulent credit card to register domain names through your site (PDQ, Registry Rocket) the reseller is ultimately responsible. This means that if you sell a registration to someone and the card they are using is bogus and you do not report it(or catch it) before it is processed by eNom, you will be responsable to pay for the registration and the domain will be dumped into your account.

I must give them credit as their new fraud screening measures are fairly effective. Too effective in some cases because many of our legitamate customers have been have a hard time paying us with legitamate credit cards.

Your best bet is that if you see a suspicious order, report it to [email protected]. Moreover if you are using eNoms API, we have some specialized software that we had developed that will be able to screen orders from certain IP adresses, geographical locations, domain name types and other criteria. Contact me if you are interested and I will see what I can do to help you.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom