• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Cheapest Registrar in April 2006?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. When I start a new domain request with Globat for the $1.95, it says
"Add DomainPrivacyGuard to your domain name registration for only $7.95/year."
(which is not the same as locking the domain)
Not sure I trust emailing them afterwards to try to get it free.
But I also see I can't transfer for the $1.95, it's only for new registrations.
 
jamesrayhan, this post is related to cheap domain registration, not hosting
 
deerfern said:
Hmm. When I start a new domain request with Globat for the $1.95, it says
"Add DomainPrivacyGuard to your domain name registration for only $7.95/year."
(which is not the same as locking the domain)
Not sure I trust emailing them afterwards to try to get it free.
But I also see I can't transfer for the $1.95, it's only for new registrations.
Again, there are two things to change on the 1st registration form page... you need to select the radio button that says no thanks and you need to uncheck the privacy guard thing... THEN your reg will be only $1.95!!!
 
Well, I would like to know how can you have registerd 10 or 12 domains in a day if asking their sales department they say that you can only register one a day.
 
what's so bad about the 2.99 yahoo one?
 
yahoo's support sucks, if you register a name that needs an authorization code to transfer (.org, .info, .us, etc), yahoo will not provide it, they will tell you to cancel the service, they will release the domain to Melbourne IT, and you'll have to ask Melbourne IT the code. It will no be an easy task.
 
elmister said:
yahoo's support sucks, if you register a name that needs an authorization code to transfer (.org, .info, .us, etc), yahoo will not provide it, they will tell you to cancel the service, they will release the domain to Melbourne IT, and you'll have to ask Melbourne IT the code. It will no be an easy task.
I have been through this process which took about 2 weeks. It did work and was able to transfer domain away. Patience required.
 
well Melbourne It staff is good so I don`t see the problem.

Much better 2.99 of Yahell than 2 of Ipower
 
So Good Luck, btw, yahoo have a limit of 1 domain per customer
 
Aplus.net

.com/.net - $6.95
.org - $7.95
.us - $7.95
.biz - $15.90
.info - $1.95


1and1.com

.info - $0 Limited Time Offer!
.com .net .org .us .name - $5.99
.biz .ws - $8.99

* At this time, the services of 1&1 Internet Inc. are only available to residents of the US and Canada. Residents of the U.K. can join at http://1and1.co.uk.



Ipowerweb.com

.com/.net/.org
.biz/.info/.us - $2.95
 
I had a problem with globat, registering my 8th domain

After "registering", y loged in their 'dcc', and all contacts are blank, i went to opensrs.net website, and theis whois says the domain is unregistered, 24h later, domain is still unregistered, and i have a pending ticket on it, still waiting for an answer, i'll tell you when it's resolved. (i will not wait much more to register the domain elsewhere)
 
Well, I'm currently trying globat.com and:

My first domain was registered after a couple of hours, but my second domain doesn't.

It's what has happened to you, elmister: the domain is NOT registered. You have to wait 24-48h. to see it registered. It's like globat works. It should be a reseller and they create your domains manually, that's what they take too long.

However, the price is incredible.
 
Finally, after 48h, the domain is registered, but i'm still waiting for an answer for my ticket

The first domains that i registered were registered just when i bought them, after every registration i logged in and changed the contacts, as they put the billing information there and i wanted to change some data.
 
Does anyone know how you get the great GoDaddy deal?
 
As I said, it's like globat works. I bought a domain two days ago, but they registerd later so I'll have to wait 24 hours until I could bregister more domains.
 
I've tried to register another domain at globat.com, and now i'm getting this message.

Our records indicate that you have exceeded the purchase amount for domain registrations.
Please contact our Sales Department at 877-245-5228, option 2 for more information.

I've only registered 8 domains before, it seems they want to limit loses
 
Strange because I am not having these troubles...
I registered 70 in one day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom