Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Cheapest Registrar in April 2006?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveAd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where are the cheapest domain registration sites these days? how much? any catches(strings attached for the price)?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy 3.72 $/each ( bulk registration of 17 domains)
but best is moniker.com ( 6.95$ per piece)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom is always $6.95 plus all the services they offer as part of that makes them #1 to me.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker all the way. Also the cheapest could depend on the extension you are trying to purchase.

zmsan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whats the godaddy code to get the deal you spoke of simon? Also is that just for .com's?

LiveAd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found a place where domains are only $1.95 each per year... NO STRINGS ATTACHED! Well... you have to register each one seperately.. I just finished just over 100 registrations which took a few hours here and there over the last couple days...
no limit and no minimum.

I do not know how long this will be going on... I also alled support and they actually answered and had the answer to my questions... very refreshing!

I was using BulkRegister where I have a couple hundred names @ $10 each... thats 5 times more expensive!

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
copper said:
Moniker site said:
$18.99 $16.95 $14.95 $12.95 $10.95 $8.95

It's 8.95 if you prepay $1,000

I am sure I missed something.
What did I miss?

Maybe with an special deal... buying 1000 domains, you can become a Enom's ETP and save 2000$ from Moniker's price

fredlucas

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1and1 sells them at $6. However, they charge $6 transfer fees and their support is horrendous.

I highly, highly recommend Moniker. If you have 100 domains you can drop them a note and mention dnforum - they'll give you 6.99 pricing.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zmsan said:
Whats the godaddy code to get the deal you spoke of simon? Also is that just for .com's?

Don't know of the one that Simon was referring to, but my fave is CHRIS1 which gets you 10% off any purchase. Have saved me a bucketful of $$$s :)

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LiveAd said:
I found a place where domains are only $1.95 each per year... NO STRINGS ATTACHED! Well... you have to register each one seperately.. I just finished just over 100 registrations which took a few hours here and there over the last couple days...
no limit and no minimum.

I do not know how long this will be going on... I also alled support and they actually answered and had the answer to my questions... very refreshing!

I was using BulkRegister where I have a couple hundred names @ $10 each... thats 5 times more expensive!

It would be great if you could tell us 'where'

Spydey

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah don't keep it a secret...

Acidztrip

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
netfirms is running 4.95 domains...one per account....5 accts per billing address.....or

one year hosting for $10 and you get 2 domains free....but to get this deal you have to go to.... www.netfirms.com/max

"max" being your code special

I have registered quite a few and called support just to test them and had a live person on the second ring......soo far great.

:peace:

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LiveAd said:
no limit and no minimum.

I bet it`s Ipower.....orrible customer service, I won`t use them for free !:drama: :tape2:

Anyway...does anyone know that yahoo offers most populars at US 2.99 ?

LiveAd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No strings means no strings.
Do I get credit for givng you all this?
www.globat.com
On the bottom right.
Make sure to uncheck the added servcies that are checked by default.
Thank me after you spend $1.95 to test it.
I use the code brian1
dont click any other links on the site.. if you end up at www.domainsarefree.com the price is higher...
you need to make a new username for each domain registration which is in the middle of the main form... the user and password at the top right of the main signup form can stay the same which is email address and password... if you have a lot of domains to register you will figure out how to make the form more efficient...
anyway...
Happy regging!

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Copper:

DNF Forum Member Pricing:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info ( .net and .info rate apply new Registration only, transfer and renewals are $6.95)

If you send me your acct # I will get that pricing set up for you.

John A. Mauriello/Sr. Account Manager

[email protected]

O - 954-984-8445
Toll Free - 800-688-6311
F - 954-969-9155

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:gossip:
DotFrog.com domains are always priced as follows:

customer accounts
6.95 .com.org.net
2.15 .info (special thru 6/30/06)
7.49 .biz .us
12.75 .in

reseller accounts (free - no strings attached)
6.90 .com.org. net
1.95 .info (special thru 6/30/06)
7.39 .biz .us
12.70 .in

:laser: :car:

deerfern

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks LiveAd. But I find that Globat charges $7.95 for private registrations. With IPowerWeb, at $2.95/domain, (email them for the link to mass domain registration so you don't have to register individually) the private registration is free.

I hear some people have had a hard time with customer service, but I have called and emailed them several different times with different issues and questions, and they have replied timely and professionally. Even so, if the service faulters, I will certainly change to a more robust registrar once the 60 day wait passes. I am also considering transferring many Godaddy domains just until the wait period, then transfer them back. Hmmmm... I wonder if I could really add a lot of years that way??

LiveAd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats not true... Globat is at $1.95 each..
I have registered jsut over 200 within the past week... jsut today I have registered 10 or 12... You need to make sure to choose the right options...
When I finish brainstorming another 100 or so names I will be moving my other 250 names from bulk register over to globat.

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered one at globat por 1.95, the only problem i see is that if i want to lock the domain, i have to send an email to [email protected] asking them to do it, their control panel simply sucks

100 domains -> 100 logins and passwords to control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom