• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed cheaphotel.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree with the $5-$10K.
If the name was plural then you could buy that Escalade you have been wanting!

:-)
TS
 
easy 4,000$

achievable 10,000$

lucky 15,000$


good luck
 
$x,xxx I'd say low

easy to SEO, Hotels pay affiliates for referrals in the real world,
say you have a pamphlet on The Hilton, if you say you were referred
by the pamphlet place you get a discount, that way they track where
the referrals came from. on the net people can just book online
with affiliate software doing the commisions.
 
The appraisals are averaging about 4-5k which is a fair valuation undeveloped ! keep them coming guys !
 
Yes first off: nice domain =)

If it was plural would have been WOW.

but still worth about 7k-10k

nice domain!
 
britishbulldog said:
Thanks Christina !

I'm pretty new to this, but I'll give you my thoughts on it.

It's a .net that is not good, yes it may get hits on search engines. But it remains to been seen, just how good that would help any hotels at all. It's a gamble at best, people will not type a .net in their browsers for a hotel that is for sure.

It could make money as a add site, for hotels but many of them will not buy adds like that. A hotel could use it to forward traffic, but they will not pay alot for a domain for that I would not think, when they can get others cheaper.

But some people are willing to gamble, so it does have some worth for that.

My guess is, $50 to at best $1000 if you get real lucky. Now if you build it out your self, and prove it's worth then the price goes up with that.

But that is the case with any domain, even the worst domain that can prove it's worth. Can be worth as much as a great domain, that has not been built out yet.

But I'm new to this part of domains, and will admit I could be wrong. As a domain is only worth, what some one is willing to pay for it. And that is based on their thinking of it's value, and what they want to use it for. :)
 
tas38 said:
I'm pretty new to this, but I'll give you my thoughts on it.

It's a .net that is not good, yes it may get hits on search engines. But it remains to been seen, just how good that would help any hotels at all. It's a gamble at best, people will not type a .net in their browsers for a hotel that is for sure.

It could make money as a add site, for hotels but many of them will not buy adds like that. A hotel could use it to forward traffic, but they will not pay alot for a domain for that I would not think, when they can get others cheaper.

But some people are willing to gamble, so it does have some worth for that.

My guess is, $50 to at best $1000 if you get real lucky. Now if you build it out your self, and prove it's worth then the price goes up with that.

But that is the case with any domain, even the worst domain that can prove it's worth. Can be worth as much as a great domain, that has not been built out yet.

But I'm new to this part of domains, and will admit I could be wrong. As a domain is only worth, what some one is willing to pay for it. And that is based on their thinking of it's value, and what they want to use it for. :)

I believe your analysis to be incorrect. I have sold less interesting dot nets for more!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
mid X,xxx to low XX,xxx
 
tas38 said:
I'm pretty new to this, but I'll give you my thoughts on it.

It's a .net that is not good, yes it may get hits on search engines. But it remains to been seen, just how good that would help any hotels at all. It's a gamble at best, people will not type a .net in their browsers for a hotel that is for sure.

It could make money as a add site, for hotels but many of them will not buy adds like that. A hotel could use it to forward traffic, but they will not pay alot for a domain for that I would not think, when they can get others cheaper.

But some people are willing to gamble, so it does have some worth for that.

My guess is, $50 to at best $1000 if you get real lucky. Now if you build it out your self, and prove it's worth then the price goes up with that.

But that is the case with any domain, even the worst domain that can prove it's worth. Can be worth as much as a great domain, that has not been built out yet.

But I'm new to this part of domains, and will admit I could be wrong. As a domain is only worth, what some one is willing to pay for it. And that is based on their thinking of it's value, and what they want to use it for. :)


Sorry mate im 100% sure your wrong and im sure 100% would agree on here of course unless you are a newbie !

But hey lifes a learning curve and i was like you once and made a few mistakes myself so no worries !
 
britishbulldog said:
Sorry mate im 100% sure your wrong and im sure 100% would agree on here of course unless you are a newbie !

But hey lifes a learning curve and i was like you once and made a few mistakes myself so no worries !

Perhaps he wants it and is trying to beat the price down?
 
Yep, a mid to high $x,xxx name, more if you have good traffic?

And yes, another "s" and you are steaming!

Good luck
 
dwrixon said:
Perhaps he wants it and is trying to beat the price down?

No I don't want it, I got a 3 .com package I need to sell already. That I tried getting appraisal input on, on this forum and got none as of yet.

I did start reading about how to do it though, and hopefully will be able to work it out my self in a few days or so.

I already said I could be wrong on this .net, as I'm just learning this stuff as I go.
 
Wot said:
Yep, a mid to high $x,xxx name, more if you have good traffic?

And yes, another "s" and you are steaming!

Good luck


For real wot wish i had the plural !
 
You know what ? ive decided to develop into an adsense site,should be up in a week,Thanks for the appraisals folks !
 
Low $$$$ IMHO.
Excellent combo but .net TLD
Good potential anyway
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom