Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed ChinesePlaza.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was watching a program on China last night on PBS/BBC.
Impressed by their econmic progress.

This can cater to Chinese all over the world.

Also the 2008 Olypics are coming to China.

Thanks,
SG.

Domain summit 2024

Wonder if you need to say your plaza is ChinesePlaza when you are in China? Do you say AmericanPlaza in America?

Good Luck!

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ChinesePlaza definitely appeals to over seas Chines as a focal point for chines goods/culture etc.

Frankly, I am not sure if it makes a lot of sense to citizens of China themselves.

BTW all extensions of AmericanPlaza.com are gone.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad name, but you would have to find a VERY interested buyer in order to make a sale.

After all, anyone could come up with a similar name with about a half-hour of brainstorming. Just find an appropriate synonym for "plaza", or another word entirely.
e.g:
chinesemarket, chinesecentral, chinahome, productsfromchina, chinesegoods, chineseproducts, chinesetrade, buychinese, itschinese, chinesecenter, chinesebazaar, .... and on and on....
Any one of these would be sufficient. BTY, I haven't checked any of these for availability.

Now, if you had chinatown.com, that would really be something.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dmorel
chinesemarket, chinesecentral, chinahome, productsfromchina, chinesegoods, chineseproducts, chinesetrade, buychinese, itschinese, chinesecenter, chinesebazaar, .... and on and on....

Is the word "plaza" remotely familiar to the Chinese? I mean would they think it means some kind of food or something. Or is it incorporated into their daily street direction life. I am not saying the Chinese are slow (no way!) all I am saying is does the word plaza ring a bell at all?

ALternatively, sell it to a Chinese merchant in the US, or the landlord of one of these cute malls where one can find everything from a traditional noodle soup parlor to a preschool daycare.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, sgopalam! You've got a good name that has a resale market in China. However, the difficult part is to sell this name to the Chinese many of whom knows too little English to deal with you (unless you read and write Chinese yourself).

Yes, they know the word "plaza"; actually, many buildings in big cities of China are named *** Plaza. It surely rings their bells.

On the other hand, there might not be enough oversea buyers as this kind of Chinese/multicultural malls/plaza are quite limited in numbers but too diverse in ownership or geographical locations to market anything.

By the way, the Chinese (in China) are REALLY rich. The truth is: there are more rich people in China than in the States. It's just that ordinary guys in China have little access to things abroad, including the Internet. (They have their own web of sites all written in Chinese which translates to gibberish to others.) Let me put it this way: the Chinese market is very much like that of the U.S. where their domestic market is big enough for most corporate and individuals to ignore international orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators