Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld CIRA launches new website with enhanced usability and features

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://cira.ca/

Any thoughts?? I don't think so.. I liked the old one.. but will get used to this one now..what else to do...

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where's the &^^%%$$#&*(*^ TBR list on the new look website????? They redid the website not to long ago but whatever.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where's the &^^%%$$#&*(*^ TBR list on the new look website????? They redid the website not to long ago but whatever.

My feelings were the same as yours.. looks like a scavenger hunt is on!!!! I have not figured it out myself yet.. help.. help.. help.. Or may be call to get that list!!

Ok OK.. here it is:

Go to "How to Get a .CA" page...http://cira.ca/why-ca/how-to-get-a-ca/
Then the list is on the right side..http://tbr.cira.ca/

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheezy...wow

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jjgallow

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have the permissions to create a separate own thread...but if someone here does, I'd really like to get the following info out as a warning:

Cira has recently screwed up, big time. Near the beginning of 2011, a large batch of domain names were dropped as "expired" by Cira by Accident.

These domain names were up for Auto-Renewal, and experienced a "Renewal Failure". A technical glitch.

Cira did not become aware of the extent of the problem until it was far too late...the names had already been released, many of which were registered by new owners.

Instead of coming forward with the information, Cira AND my Registrar (who shall remain unnamed for the time being) decided to Not Tell Anyone.

I discovered it myself, and have contacted my registrar and Cira. Cira is not responding at this point, but my registrar has indicated that they are aware of this situation and are dealing with it on a "case by case" basis.

What "Case by Case" means, of course, is they'll only deal with it if you notice their mistake.

Since I do not know if it was my registrar's idea or a directive from Cira to keep it a secret, I'm leaving my registrar un-named until I hear back from them. They've promised to follow up as soon as possible and are treating the matter seriously (and secretly).

Please double-check your registrations and compare your domain lists from 2010 to 2011. Do not assume that you will be notified if something was lost.

If this has happened to you as well, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom