Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co.uk transfer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtb

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have .co.uk domain reged at namecheap.com ,
If I want to push it to other account is it possible (immediately and freely) ?
I heared about forms and fees related to .co.uk transfer ...

Thanks in advanced,
Tom

Domain Summit 2024

nnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ALL .uk domain transfers are handled by Nominet http://www.nominet.org.uk THATS ALL!!!!!

It is not possible to transfer a .uk domain name to another person without filling out forms from Nominet and paying a fee (truely a British concept).

If you do, its not sold, and you still own it!!!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i cant even push co.uk's at godaddy, some difficulties..

nnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i cant even push co.uk's at godaddy, some difficulties..

I would use 123-reg.co.uk or 1and1.co.uk for hosting .uk domains, they don't offer the best services just a few less problems than the rest...

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just did two of them. If you use sedo (as I did) the process is much simpler. They guide you. There are different rules for individuals and companies, etc. It's really not that hard though AND you can do it all via email with scans you don't have to post it as they state. At least that was the case using sedo. Hope this helps. I have an email for the gal that helped me at nominet. If you want it pm me, but really the process is straight forward.

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Transfer of ownership for UK names is subject to an additional £10 plus VAT Nominet fee.

Changing the registrar aka tag holder does not incur a fee if your registrar is willing to change the Tag ID and is simple.

As others have mentioned signatures of both the existing and new owner are required for ownership changes but the documents themselves aren't difficult to obtain or complete.

Cheers

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have like 7 .co.uk domains with freeparking, they got expired over the new year which i was away, now i want to renew them and they are asking lik £29.99 each, juses.. can someone help here,, how can i transfer and renew with other registrar, like 123-reg.co.uk?

i try to transfer but it doesnt do anything!! any help please.. thanks

cbjim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
phone nominet on +44(0)1865 332244 and they will talk you through their new online services, where you can merge the domains into one account with nominet (if they arent already), then you only have 1 retagging fee (£10) and can change the tag to whatever registrar you would want to have them through, i.e. 123reg etc.

blacknight

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They've done away with the paper transfer system, so now you can do it all online via the Nominet site. Last one I did took less than 5 minutes to complete.

maxmn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Want to transfer, let's contact your registrar and targeted registrar, too
normally, the transfer fee ~ register fee
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys know how I can get the tag name of the registrar I want to move a .org.uk I just bought to ? Nominet won't even complete my new acct opening process unless I enter my registrar's tag, the auction site does not know and the gaining registrar, well, I asked them and the person who answered did not know the answer, the next step is asking Nominet I guess ....? They're also asking me for the "trader name" and "URL" of the new registrar, I know their URL unless they use a different one for UK names,

Also, most people have these .co.uk/.org.uk names w/a registrar although I undersatnd you can have them w/Nominet itself, thing is, the seller's (current registrant's) email address isn't in the WHOIS, I checked a few, including Nominet's own. I should be able to get it if I google his name, I hope he knows. Also, I have no idea what registrar he has the name with, the WHOIS won't tell you, I could leave it there if it's secure & all....any of you have gone thru this ? THANKS !

Transfer of ownership for UK names is subject to an additional £10 plus VAT Nominet fee.

Changing the registrar aka tag holder does not incur a fee if your registrar is willing to change the Tag ID and is simple.

As others have mentioned signatures of both the existing and new owner are required for ownership changes but the documents themselves aren't difficult to obtain or complete.

Cheers

realtimeregister

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your new registrar does not know their own nominet TAG ? That sounds a bit odd. DM me with the domainname you have bought and the url of your new registrar, if you need help.

It is correct that the .UK whois is not showing emailaddress of the registrant or admin contact. The whois does show you the current registrar and their tag. I would strongly advice you to transfer the domain over to your preferred registrar, to be able to have full control over the domain (and be able to renew it).

You guys know how I can get the tag name of the registrar I want to move a .org.uk I just bought to ? Nominet won't even complete my new acct opening process unless I enter my registrar's tag, the auction site does not know and the gaining registrar, well, I asked them and the person who answered did not know the answer, the next step is asking Nominet I guess ....? They're also asking me for the "trader name" and "URL" of the new registrar, I know their URL unless they use a different one for UK names,

Also, most people have these .co.uk/.org.uk names w/a registrar although I undersatnd you can have them w/Nominet itself, thing is, the seller's (current registrant's) email address isn't in the WHOIS, I checked a few, including Nominet's own. I should be able to get it if I google his name, I hope he knows. Also, I have no idea what registrar he has the name with, the WHOIS won't tell you, I could leave it there if it's secure & all....any of you have gone thru this ? THANKS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom