Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.com domains at godaddy for $6.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of you guys are probably up on this already but I just figured it out. If you want to reg or renew your .com domain at GD you can get it for $6.19 if you ad 1 month of Traffic Facts for $1.95

This lowers your total from $9.20 to $6.19 because of the discount you get on the domain of $4.96 when you ad the Traffic Facts. It says on the Traffic Facts section that hosting is required but the system allows you to check out with just these 2 items for the $6.19 total. Did it twice today. Once for a new domain and once for a renewal.

F$ donations accepted if you use the tip and feel generous :cool:

Important update: These godaddy people are placing this Traffic Facts thing in auto renewal even though I specified 1 month only. :bandit:

I had to go to:

manage domains/customer info/credit card payment info/view all renewing items/ - Then check mark the Traffic Facts listing you bought - then click cancel item.

Unless you do this you will be charged on a recurring basis for the traffic facts.

They hit me for renewing one of them. Not any more though as I figured it out. I just renewed another domain with traffic facts added then went right back and cancelled it so it would not renew. It worked. Make sure you cancel all the traffic facts you specified when buying or renewing any domains or they will 'Hit you' for the renewal the next month as they did me. Sorry if anyone got caught by this like I did.

lz83ny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for useful info.

arnette

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, its sure to save me a few bucks

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edit, never mind.

Last edited:

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info will use from now on we will see how long it lasts though

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edit, never mind.

Last edited:

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Important update: These godaddy people are placing this Traffic Facts thing in auto renewal even though I specified 1 month only.

I had to go to:

manage domains/customer info/credit card payment info/view all renewing items/ - Then check mark the Traffic Facts listing you bought - then click cancel item.

Unless you do this you will be charged on a recurring basis for the traffic facts.

They hit me for renewing one of them. Not any more though as I figured it out. I just renewed another domain with traffic facts added then went right back and cancelled it so it would not renew. It worked. Make sure you cancel all the traffic facts you specified when buying or renewing any domains or they will 'Hit you' for the renewal the next month as they did me. Sorry if anyone got caught by this like I did.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just can't add that traffic to my account :( I tryed so many times... Also I try to register the name that shows as taken on GODaddy and on DomainPeople shows available!

Can somone pliz write down step by step how to get that.. Also Promotion codes I tryed with usa6 and usa1 but didn't work

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100 F$ sent ... I found that the USA1 - USA6 promo had 18 Economy Email accounts set to auto renew...I just set the Auto Renew to disable though thanks
jim

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dr. Domainer said:
Regardless 1&1 is only $5.99 per registration. No tricks involved.

Excellent point about 1&1, If I was just starting out registering domains I might go with them but I have hundreds with godaddy and others like me who may not want to do a total switch can benefit from the little trick I found.

bizzy said:
I am just can't add that traffic to my account :( I tryed so many times... Also I try to register the name that shows as taken on GODaddy and on DomainPeople shows available!

Can somone pliz write down step by step how to get that.. Also Promotion codes I tryed with usa6 and usa1 but didn't work

When you go to reg the domain they put a bunch of crap in front of you to get you to sign for other stuff aside from just what you want. Don't jump over all that stuff, sift through it and you will find the signup section for the traffic facts.

Remember to then go and cancel the traffic facts auto renew after the domain is registered.

Remember this trick works for renewing a domain also, the only problem is you have to renew them one by one adding the traffic facts to each one and checking out, then going through it again and again until all of your renews are done. Then going and canceling all the auto renews for traffic facts. It does work though and I like the fact that I'm gettin a little over on "the daddy"!

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well its a renewal and registration spree for me tomorrow i think, thanks for the tip!

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DOTFROG.COM said:
I think this great post may have gotten lost in here. Thanks for the info. THIS IS THE LOWEST YET...SO FAR ... ON DNForum!!!!!! :cool:g

Nah the lowest was the 3.95 USA6 and USA1 deal...that was sweet!

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can still get domains for 6 bucks with their 3.99 deal..

pick a dot com.. add traffic facts...
domains then costs 3.99 plus 1.95

register.. cancel traffic facts.

Ive registered quite a few over the past few weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom