• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed *-*.com?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2002
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
I'm interested in your opinions on the value of three-character .com’s with a hyphen in the middle (& two letters either side). I realise that this is fairly vague due to the fact that value would be highly dependant on what the two letters were; so to use r-s.com as an example (plucked out of thin air ~ I don't own it), what resale (undeveloped) value would you put on this?

Basically I may have the opportunity to acquire such a name, but not entirely confident about its appeal. Personally I am not a big fan of any name with a hyphen, as a site using the name would probably lose a lot of traffic to the hyphenless name; & it wouldn’t really pass the 'radio test' unless the existence of the hyphen was emphasised. On the plus side I believe such names would be perceived as high status & good for SE placement (& vanity!).

Opinions & values will be appreciated,

Cheers:)

Syd.
 
I own o-v.com and w-h.com
 
I have never had good luck selling these types of names. I had a bunch. I think I sold one (in .com). I let the rest expire.

I would steer clear of them and personally would not even register hem.

Good luck.

-Bob
 
I'v never even been tempted by any of them. They might be worth reg, but drop if not sold.
 
Cheers for the feedback ~ I respect your opinions.

Do you believe the same to be true of two letters abriviating a phrase where a hyphen has semi-natural use; such a Disc Jockey & therefore D-J.com?
 
the *-* names you're talking about come up frequently on ebay, but they never really seem to sell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom