Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Company dot net - appraisal request

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Company dot net ?

Debating two options, to sell or develop.

Welcoming opinions on domain & options.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice but it is a dot net. See previous thread for what people thought Bathrooms dot net was worth.

My first thought was Company, the Company Corportation which incorporates companies in mostly Deleware. I used to use them but shifted to Harvard Business for the lower cost. The Company Corporation uses Incorporate.com.

The Company Corporation and others do have an affilate program paying up to $100 per new business. The business is very profitable since they have to pay the registered agent fee every year. Unfortnately there is huge competition on search terms, and it takes time to set up a website and do SEO.
For a while, I was making a nice $100-$200 a month earning $60 from web hosting fees, from my site www.seemly.com , but it really was not worth the effort on an hourly basis. Of course, one could do better or worse.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

It would not take more than a day to write a snail-mail sales letter to all the incorportaion businesses.

The Company Corporation, the largest, is obviously not going to downgrade from Incorporate.com, but one of the smaller firms may want to upgrade for better SEO on the term Company (formation, starting...).

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Development - a site like LLC.NET

Good luck.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$25k - $40k

$40K would put it tied at third, with Spain.net and after Gold.net and Cars.net for the highest .net sales of 2010
http://dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm

It happens but only a few times a year.

One would really have to do a more detailed SEO ananlysis on the term company. Sure many people search for "company" but how many of the searches would match the product you are selling such as incorporation. I am not even sure it would be worth what Bathroom.net is.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Having more people seach for the term is NOT always an advantage since the web results get filled up with people looking for the CIA, some movie, some individual company.... wich would keep you off the first page.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above, more conservative appraisal: around 20K.
Superb name, good luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You seem to be obsessed with the bathroom.net thread. Company is a generic, corporate name. The .net market is bigger than what domainers think.

$40K would put it tied at third, with Spain.net and after Gold.net and Cars.net for the highest .net sales of 2010
http://dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm

It happens but only a few times a year.

One would really have to do a more detailed SEO ananlysis on the term company. Sure many people search for "company" but how many of the searches would match the product you are selling such as incorporation. I am not even sure it would be worth what Bathroom.net is.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Having more people seach for the term is NOT always an advantage since the web results get filled up with people looking for the CIA, some movie, some individual company.... wich would keep you off the first page.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Company is a generic, corporate name. .

I am not sure I follow you. I think the lyrics to a kids song went something like a boy named Boy, a dog named Dog, but I have never ran into a boy named boy in real life, although. A company that sell dogs, might want Dogs.com. A company that sells dogs would not want company (dot com or dot net). To me only a company that sells incorporation or some other "company" service would want Company (dot com or dot net).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Likewise, a company that sells bathrooms would want Bathrooms (dot com or dot net) but not Company (dot com or dot net).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You're saying J&J are dumb for using baby.com ? Why is Company.net of lesser value, just because the incorporation market is not as large? You'd be surprised to see the power of corporate spending without much reasoning past a certain name or brand.

I am not sure I follow you. I think the lyrics to a kids song went something like a boy named Boy, a dog named Dog, but I have never ran into a boy named boy in real life, although. A company that sell dogs, might want Dogs.com. A company that sells dogs would not want company (dot com or dot net). To me only a company that sells incorporation or some other "company" service would want Company (dot com or dot net).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Likewise, a company that sells bathrooms would want Bathrooms (dot com or dot net) but not Company (dot com or dot net).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not too sure or aware of a company that sells "bathrooms" but many sell bathroom components.

Company.net would be an ideal site to incorporate businesses on the net...to me, that is a killer use for the word and the extension...Company.net...

How many of us became incorporated or formed LLC's because we are doing business, either with Brick and Mortar businesses or because of the internet?

Company.net could be a stunning domain for a legal firm dealing primarily with or exclusively in Internet Law, Businesses, and Corporations.

And yes, the .net market is a hell of a lot bigger and viable (as well as .org) than domainers give it credit for.

I love it!

Of course I like Bathroom.net from the standpoint of a listing and selling directory of showrooms (Ferguson comes to mind) and selling products (fixtures, faucets, etc). Using it as a "bathroom" directory (where the public restrooms are) is kind of creepy.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're saying J&J are dumb for using baby.com ? Why is Company.net of lesser value, just because the incorporation market is not as large? You'd be surprised to see the power of corporate spending without much reasoning past a certain name or brand.

I am saying J&J, Johnsons and Johnsons, would be dumb if they used Company (com or net). Johnsons sells baby products so Baby.com is a good match for them.

With the exception of the one or two largest incorporation companies who already have good names, these are small one to five person companies, who don't have large budgets.

Biggs - if you have time on your hands, you could always write an ebook on How To Incorporate (don't use the exact title. it was used by the Company Corporation) and give it away free on your site as link-bait. If you could somehow get on the first page of Google results for "company," then the developed site WITH LINKS, would be worth more than Arco's estimate and you could make PPC money. This is similar to the business model I used on www.seemly.com, but the money I made was not worth the effort.

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see this domain is being offered in today's Media Options newsletter for $125K. Good luck - hope you get an acceptable offer for it.

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Company.net is a better name than Bathrooms.net. I'd say $25-55K+ as a possible figure on this one. Good luck :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am saying J&J, Johnsons and Johnsons, would be dumb if they used Company (com or net)..

Apparently you're not following what I am saying, which isn't J&J using company.net but in a corporate environment the name is indispensable.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
C--------.net is a better name than Bathrooms.net. I'd say $25-55K+ as a possible figure on this one. Good luck :)

The original poster and others have tried to write the name as Company ( dot ) net to make it harder for Google to index, which also makes it harder for humans to understand. People are often worried that if they post a name for an appraisal or at a wholesale/reseller price, potential customers will google the name and see that others think the name is worth much less than it's asking price. I have made the mistake sometimes, but please try to write or edit the names the way the original poster writes it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Seriously, eeedc. I like your shrewd (dot com) humor, but isn't that last post Area-51 worthy? Someone disclosing a domain in a public thread in order to solicit appraisals could not care less about indexing of it in Google.

Incidentally folks, if you want Google not to spider web pages don't put a +1 button on them, such as this thread. Any page with a +1 button is added to the Google crawl index automatically, even bypassing the robots.txt blocks.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like standards have gone to hell. Arco in the next post also used the exact name.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It looks like standards have gone to hell. Arco in the next post also used the exact name.

What standards are you referring to? Did the OP ask for a signed NDA before commenting on this domain's worth?

I have some spare tin foil hats in the basement.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone disclosing a domain in a public thread in order to solicit appraisals could not care less about indexing of it in Google.

I would suggest that people who take the time to write out Name ( dot) com/net are doing it for a reason. Of course they don't expect absolute privacy like the folks at Area 51.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
eeedc, as I demonstrated above with the +1 button all privacy is gone. Adding a "dot net" instead of the exact suffix does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom