• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Complete waste of traffic domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
Here is one that I found that I feel is the bigges waste of a site on the net.

I had to share this and laugh.

http://www.purple.com

I spoke with the owner on the phone ad he has no interest in selling he said

"I like being extravagant"

So he wants to just leave the site as is instead of making any mone with it.

Please feel free to post any other weird sites you can find like this one.

-=DCG=-
 
Oh man, I LOVE it. The only thing is he shouldn't even put that bogus FAQ link there. Just plain purple, for the celebratioin of the color. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I see.
 
That's awesome. I love it when people remind us that there's NO requirement that domain names MUST be used to make money. Domains can be used for anything you like -- to simply express yourself, show 500 photos of the family pet, maintain a blog about your boring personal life, or provide a lengthy list of your favorite "hot links". Anything at all. There's no rule that says they must be used to earn cash.

Good for him for not being a sell-out.
 
not a sell-out? lmao dude, save that crap for priesthood...you meant to say a fool to turn down HUGE offers on names that currently earn nil...thats "selling out" yourself!
 
He's got people begging to buy his domain, right? Maybe he's holding out for better offers down the road. You're just pissed b/c you can't have his domain.... lol
 
barefoot said:
Good for him for not being a sell-out.


wow... This "Sell-Out" word has been the most overused and mis-used word for the last Year or 2.. Im starting to believe some people don't know what a Sell-Out is.


I guess everyone on dnforum.com is a sellout then :bandit:
 
Mocus...what is this, high school recess? Geez...
I'd be willing to wager not all people in the world are exactly like you and me and they might even have feelings too!
 
hehehehe yes, lets all hold hands and sing kumbayah...feel the feelings maannnnn....hey I tried to have feelings with my infamous "Happy Thread" but they keep closing it on me....so it's back to no feelings :ok:
 
SouthernTn said:
wow... This "Sell-Out" word has been the most overused and mis-used word for the last Year or 2.. Im starting to believe some people don't know what a Sell-Out is.


I guess everyone on dnforum.com is a sellout then :bandit:

OK I might have used the wrong term here, but I get annoyed when people maintain that domains should only be used to make money with, or should be sold if the offer is high enough. Sure, I buy and sell domains myself, and I realize for some of us this is a business, but I also realize that domains are also used for other things besides generating cash.

So instead, I'll say... Good for this guy for not bowing to the pressures and temptations of easy money and sticking to his original concept in this case.
 
That homefry should sell it to me...same thing with Chris.com..or I'm gonna do voodoo on them.
 
Mocus, did u try for purple.com or someother name?
Just found that the guy Jeff( owner of purple.com) is a research Associate in Drexel University.
 
he wont sell and neither will the dude that owns chris.com....not even for a million dollars he said in previous emails...
 
Any of the domains mentioned above could easily be acquired for one million dollars.

He just knows you aren't going to offer him one million dollars. But if a serious buyer comes along and puts fourth that type of offer I would make a heavy bet that the domain would sell.

Everyone has their price.

The only problem I see is that none of these domains are worth anywhere near that amount in my opinion.
 
I have a question here which fits this situation:
suppose a person isnt using the domain(forgotten domain) and the domain expires.
will it go to ther person who has backordered it or will it go in the auction like that of Pool, snapnames?
And if person A back ordered the name 4 months ago and Person B did it two days ago, who will have preference over the name( if they have at all)?
thanks for reading
 
I think Stock.com could be doing a lot more than it's doing now. I'm not sure if the company that owns it realizes that it no longer forwards to their web site?

Something is wrong with a DirectNIC parking page for a domain of that quality.
 
Maybe they are just waiting for DirectNIC to update the nameservers! lol (if anyone has ever had to wait 2 weeks for them too)

email the guy that owns Chris.com and offer him $1 mil, he wont take it
 
at least stock.com points to something :-)
WebHost.com does not...imagine the PPC earnings on this one...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom