Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed CompleteRecipes.com - 2500 uniques/day, 3 Dmoz entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URL:
http://www.completerecipes.com/

Age of site (months): 15

Monthly revenue: 0

Revenue details: Never have put ads on the site.

Monthly page views: 270,000

Traffic details:
Traffic comes from search engines, referrals, and even stumbleupon (which we have never submitted to). Awstats, while rather inaccurate with this stat, does guesstimate 17% have added as bookmarks. Listed in quite a few Wikipedia entries (for over a year).

Description:
A recipe website with search. Created in December 2004 for a client who was getting out of his previous business and wanted to give database content a go. Never put ads on it, and now he is just liquiding these assets.

Price (or starting bid): 2000

Is an auction?: Yes

Indexed pages (Google): 70,000

Indexed pages (Yahoo): 135,000

Google page rank: 4

Also wanted to add that hosting is free provided the footer link stays. Furthermore, the site itself is static HTML - you basically run a generator which reads from the template, inserts the data from the db, and then creates a static page. Requires more disk space but keeps SQL access to almost nil.

The site has not been edited since it was put online.

The SE bots are also very active. This month Inktomi (Yahoo!) has hit it 268,000 times, Ask has hit it 102,000 times, and Google has hit it 102,000 times. robots.txt has been requred 8,849 times this month. Search engine referrals this month is roughly ~20k.

As of today, search engine referrals: 11,663 different keyphrases were used, and the most popular keyword involved was 'recipes' (a total of 5171 times). The most popular page visited is the index, and the second most popular is the search page.

Please note that the search is broken right now - nothing we have done wrong, but the database seems to be down. Will update when the db issue is fixed.

This is also posted on SPF.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, there was no starting bid.............

OnTilt

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I see the traffic stats for the site?

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Want to see traffic stats, would like to know from which part of the world traffic is coming.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: The search is now fixed, I will PM you guys traffic stats.

THere is no BIN. Wherever the chips may fall.

$2000 has been received at SPF.

dewpoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very interested in seeing complete current and historical stats. I currently own one of the "other" recipe sites that is within the top 10 for "recipes", so this would be a natural fit.

Thanks,
Brian

DaveRH

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Coul you please PM me proof of stats?

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please pm me stats

DaveRH

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will bid 2700 conditional on receiving the information I PM'd you about.

my bid is confirmed

Kuat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please PM all the stats info. Thank you.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Current high: $3100

Current high: $3200 via SPF.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice content AhmedF.

I've been looking the site over since you posted it. Tempting.
Recipes cannot be copyright, but instructions can. Will there be any legal probs with your recipe collection ? I've dug alot through your site as I'm very interested and see similar statements below most "instructions" stating (Posted to one digest or another) by said author.... Considering the size of this database, I can't check much for copyright infringment. So I can only ask you straight up.... If I, or anyone else buys this site from you, will you enter into a writ of sorts to protect the buyer ?

Now, I wouldnt worry much about any small time authors, but if any is from kraft.com or hellmens.com or any of the big hitters will there be a problem ?

Lastly: Amount of pages on site ?

Thanks.. I'll check on your reply thursday evening when im back. And if your good for assurance, I'd definately consider making an offer on this recipe site..

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Jack :)

As it is, I am representing my client. Whiel we developed/checked email, it was he who contracted us to do it.

History-wise, over the entire duration, we have had two complaints. The first one just wanted their name removed, for whatever reasons. The second one was instructions on creating a very popular chocolate bar. It also contained the trademarked name in the recipe, so when asked, we took it down. There has been no other cases nor issues with any other company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators