• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .coms .co.uks de-tagging and stuff like that.

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainPairs

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
0
I own a .com that a large uk company may wish to buy, I've discovered that the .co.uk has just been detagged.

How much will I increase the value of my .com if I can purchase the .co.uk?

What is the procedure for registering a de-tagged .co.uk domain?

I ought to know this but I've avoided the .co.uk market so far.
 
Why do you avoid the .co.uk market??
 
because I only watch .com and .net and now possibly .info.

I think .co.uk is a local specialist market and I don't want to spend time studying it, I'd rather stay international. The registration process and transfer procedures are harder. My registrar doessn't handle them, and I don't buy enough to open an account with another registrar. Flower shops and carpenters don't pay as much as international traders. When a .co.uk company grows and starts international trade they seem to buy a .com to support it.

I know that people are making money trading in .co.uks, but it's not for me as I don't understand the market. I really only wanted to know how difficult it was to buy a de-tagged name, and find out if it was worth it. From the lack of response, I assume that it isn't, and that I am correct in staying with .coms mainly.
 
Just wondering .... international might be best like you said.
 
Originally posted by vialli check out this link
http://www.nic.uk/ref/tagholder-renewals.html
Interesting. I had always assumed that detagging was just like an expiry process.

However, my reading of this info suggests that a name could be set as detagged the day after registration, and it then wouldn't become available until after the standard registration period, which might be 2 years.

If my understanding is correct, this means I really might be wasting my time manually tracking detagged domains to see if they become deregistered - I could be waiting for years!

Does anyone else have a different (better informed!) understanding? :confused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom