Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Content Mini Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a guy who purchases and uses Xsitepro I thought it would be interesting to try an experiment with Adam and the minisites advertised on this forum. I asked him if he would put one together for me at no charge so I can see exactly what it is and how I can customize it.

I know parking is pretty much useless and if someone can put together a decent mini site rather than me spending hours doing so it would be worth the investment.

Adam agreed to one free site and it was ready in about 3 hours. That's pretty fast! I was not liking the header and easily changed that.

I'm still looking at how to add my own Amazon links and other affiliates. (If anyone knows let me know).

Communication from Adam was excellent and the speed of creating the site was amazing.
I plan on having some more sites created.

If you want to view the site it's forgiveness.ca

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Phil

professor

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
U should use Wordpress as CMS , for easy updates and Attractive site

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Xsitepro also, and am pretty happy with it. What leads me to use that as opposed to spending money on minisites is that I can create unlimited sites with software, and many times just use the Xsite as a starter site, or as a parking alternative for names without much traffic. I don't feel like I wasted any money, if I sell the name, or decide to develop it further using Wordpress or Joomla (my personal preference).

With some practice, you can knock out quick XSites in under an hour each - depending on how much content you add. Original content still seems to be the key - I get better results and search engine placement with 6-10 page original Xsites than I do with generated content, articles, scripts, etc. that contain 1000's of pages.

At $197, XSite isn't cheap, but I feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Xheader at $37 is pretty decent for creating quick header images too.

If you are going to pay for minisites though, Adam's team does a great job - they are very clean, browser friendly, and appear bug-free.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Xsitepro has been good for me. In my opinion it is worth the purchase price. Here is an example of two of my xsitepro sites. Click here or here

It does take a bit to learn xsite pro but really is is not that difficult once you get the hang of it. There are issues with xsite I find frustrating not being a techy kind of guy. I do have a site on wordpress too and that works just fine.

The content mini sites are just one more tool in the toolbox of domaining.

It's got to be better than parking?

Cheers

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Given that conversion of AdSense ads is low, the question you need to ask yourself is not what *you* think of these "mini sites", but rather, what would a visitor get from such a site and its content. Despite the common belief that "mini sites" are better than parking, monetization depends on quality of design and content, whereas with parked domains a visitor often simply clicks on any link that visually or textually relates to their intended reason for visiting in the first place.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i sprung for a content-minisites package. with the buy 1 get 1 free deal, at 10 for 10, it was $17.50/site, which is hard to argue with, comparing to any other minisite developement that is generally at least $99 and up.

i am using them only with some of my keyword domains that have some of the highest avg. CPC. they dont get any traffic parked, but getting 100 - 200 pages indexed in the SEs, and even if they only generate a little traffic even a few clicks should pay them off. one keyword has avg. $40 CPC. just getting them up now so lets wait and see.

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Xsitepro has been good for me. In my opinion it is worth the purchase price. Here is an example of two of my xsitepro sites. Click here or here

It does take a bit to learn xsite pro but really is is not that difficult once you get the hang of it. There are issues with xsite I find frustrating not being a techy kind of guy. I do have a site on wordpress too and that works just fine.

I checked out your site and you had an ad box that took me to this page click here . Is this your site also? If yes was it created in xsite?

thanks

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The answer is ye and sort of
It is my site
The header on the site is from the xsite header program
The layout of the site and the inclusion of Amazon and other content was created for me by someone on ebay.
It's not xsite setup or layout.

Hope that answers your question

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes that does answer it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom