Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cool Registrar wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacomsoft

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Please advise which Registrars allow you to find out if domain is registered or not (I'm talking about direct access to database, not usual WHOIS).

Also which Registrars can register domain in a seconds provided you have required balance on their account. Just enter domain name and voila?

Is it possible?

Domain summit 2024
H

hosting3.com

>>Also which Registrars can register domain in a seconds provided you have required balance on their account. Just enter domain name and voila?

enom.com
opensrs.net
directi.com

and many others. I have listed companies that I have tried before.

[I am talking about their reseller programs.]

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
www.onlinenic.com

What are your experiences with OnlineNIC. Prices look good of course, but any hidden restrictions or extra costs on transfers, etc.

Are their suite of services (url, email, forwarding, etc.) competitive with enom?
----------------------------------------------
Just noticed the following:

DNS Services (A-Records, MX-Records, CNAMEs) free for limited time
URL Forwarding - cloaked* $3/year
URL forwarding - uncloaked* $1/year
E-mail Forwarding $1/year

Doesn't this mean that they are in fact more expensive than enom when you consider the added $2 - $4/year for URL and Email forwarding (not to mention the DNS Services being "free for limited time".

What's the advantage?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to say. As safe once said, the most important criteria is whether the registrar will stay in business for the next year. At today's domain prices, probably loads more profitable to open a hot dog stand.

eNOM is probably the most promising and stable registrar around today. Period.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would tend to agree mole. eNom seems to offer a lot for the registration dollar. I wonder, however, if most of the registrars are chasing speculators / resellers. If a registrar targeted a different user base, they may have far fewer registrations, but at a better price per domain. Its all in the marketing ....

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnlineNIC seems to be cheap, but if you add all the applicable fees, it may be higher.

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the fastest way to get a domain name to use a ahnd reg and open a reseller account at one of the above? Is there any speed advantage to using a reseller account, vs dotster, bulkregister, eyeondomain, etc?

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators