Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Could I request a few appraisals?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tee

I know the new tlds are hard to judge but what do you guys think of:

Ass.us?

Do you think it is worth 5k or is that too high?

Which would you rate higher: Singing.us or singing.org?

Here are some .net names I would like appraised:

PCMarket.net
OnlineStocks.net
GoBroadband.net

Thanks guys!

PS - Is the Safesys who is a moderator here the same one that posts on the New.net board occassionally?

Domain summit 2024

Hi Tee,

With .us being so new its really hard to know how it will break past the speculation barrier into actual end user usage.

If it can get some momentum behind it then .us should be better placed for sales/usage than .org imo

And yes, i sometimes post on the nn board.

I think ass.us is very good for a .us (though personally I don't think the .us extension will do very well). At the moment I don't think it would get $5k, but then again no market has been established yet. If had to "guesstimate" at a price right now I would be saying around $500.

Regarding singing.org vs singing.us I would say the .org is much better.

T

Tee

Thanks guys. This is the first i have heard negative about .us potential. Some say that it's only future competition is .com because it is the extension of the united states blah blah. I believe it does have a lot of potential just because everything us is usually very big. Personally, I feel the big one, inspite of all the problems and so on and so forth, of the new tlds is still .info.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments and btw, how new is this board?

tee,

In my view the major problem with most new extensions is that the majority of names are owned by speculators, whilst its great that registrations are open to all (except .us of course) its also a negative that many of the domain are basically just park pages and have little hope of being into developed sites. Thus public awareness is low, and corporate usage appears to be minimal.

heatfan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
... I believe it does have a lot of potential just because everything us is usually very big. Personally, I feel the big one, ...

Well if everything in US is big, where can we start registering .china, that is one HUGE market

communist.china , has a nice sound doesnt it :D

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"In my view the major problem with most new extensions is that the majority of names are owned by speculators"
snoopy you hit the nail on the head, thats my snoop dog :)

T

Tee

Personally I think even if you are in this for resell only, you should at the very least make a site and try to make some money off it while you market the name. Personally, I think the domain name resell market, with the exception of very short .coms and generic .coms and very high profile new extensions domain names, is totally flat and dead. This is partly due to the economy (both world and net )and partly just domain glut. This isn't to say domains not in these categories don't sell at all, but by and large the scene is very flat.

Best, imo, is to register names in concept baskets and make optimized for the se's sites and link them together for high rank. This way you are making money and promoting the extensions.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that the internet is a media that personifies and actualises the globalisation of business - as such, ccTLDs will always have limited scope to most serious investors in direct comparison to gTLDs.

T

Tee

China is big, but not quite the economy or having the cultural appeal (lol) of the united states. I'm not saying its right only just the reality.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Best, imo, is to register names in concept baskets and make optimized for the se's sites and link them together for high rank. This way you are making money and promoting the extensions.

I agree tee, the domain market seems deflated compared to the time the bubble was growing. Concept baskets that support a sound business model seems the best bet today.

Originally posted by Tee
China is big, but not quite the economy or having the cultural appeal (lol) of the united states. I'm not saying its right only just the reality.

tee,

true but I was reading that china now has the second largest internet population in the world, with only 5% of the population having access.

T

Tee

That a very good point Mole but the united states is just so powerful both as an economic influence and as a cultural influence in the world that .us may become highly prized just because of this. Of course, it will have to be used and advertisied for this to really happen so it remains to be seen...

There are just so many extensions now that its better imo to get names in bunches around concepts across extensions with the idea of creating networks - be it for resell or the search engines.

T

Tee

China is a monster no doubt in terms of population and potential market - obviously but its a different political system there, and this has impacted the way they interact economically with the world for quite some time. They can be the biggest thing in the world if they want to.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee

Do you niche in the shallow coves, or do you go where all the hungry sharks are swimming?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear that football is the fastest growing sport in China today - only chinafootball.us is available :eek:

Originally posted by Tee

Best, imo, is to register names in concept baskets and make

tee,

just wondering what the term "concept basket" is? Do you mean groups of similar domains?

thanks

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
say...are all you guys (tee,mole,wireless) from new.net ?

T

Tee

Sharks aside, .US has actually been very well registered - I think 200,000 the first week. I dont remeber how well info and biz did the first week but considering the great hype and hoopla around info and biz extensions for so long before they came out I think .US is doing very well. Especially since it is restricted . But then again, its probably easy to get around nexus and to be fair, the best info names were stolen by sunrise fraudsters which limited ability for people to get great names and their promotion etc.

Personally I really respect neulevel even though I think the restrictions are so flimsy and need to be clarified or eliminated. At least they are trying to do the right thing.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm mole from the icann.org forums :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators