Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Could these be real bids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was reading another thread that brought me to AllForDomains. Once there I was looking around and came upon their Showcase. Do you think those bids are real? They seem mighty high for those particular domains.

Thanks,

Doug

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
wow. A lot of those domains are the country domains, and I wouldn't really know about those, I find it hard to believe some of those though..

FinancialSpecialties.com - $15,500 :confused:

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe that some of those names are getting bids that high!

If they are not for real (which I am not saying they are), isn't that totally illegal? I thought the authorities were coming down on auction sites that put up fake bids.

J

jimb

Some of those bids are high, but some of the domains are good ones. The country code domains have some good ones, but they are all way over valued. I bet some of those bids are fake, probably alot of them. I just couldnt see those domains for going over $500, but who knows :)

Jim

They certainly look like "bait" bids.

Would they really refuse those highest bids for those domains? I strongly doubt it - those are not even prime cctld's for the mostpart.

I guess they are hoping some hapless buyer wanders by and believes them.

M

MattyP

I too was amazed at AllForDomains seemingly endless list of names with high bids on them.

I contacted AllForDomains and asked if I could have a bid history on some of their names I.E. Name of member that placed bid, Date that bid was placed and Expiry date of bid.

They e-mailed back that they don't release that type of information.

I wasn't surprised.

M

MattyP

I suppose having good bait helps. The fish need to be able to swallow the bait for it to be effective,though.

D

domaingator

Those are not bids, they are asking prices. GreatDomains tried the same trick years ago.

All shams.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Almost every experienced domain sellers knows that Allfordomains.com is not a trustworthy site. I am really doubtful about any info displayed on their site. They used ditry tactic to cheat you to buy their appriasal and e-mail marketing services.

If you don't believe me, do a search on allfordomains.com in this site and see what others say.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does the e-mails below sound familiar to anyone of you? :)

E-mail 1

The seller is always going to earn as much as possible. But I need a fair price and I kindly ask you for an independent and professional valuation.

Please send me professional appraisals.

One of my friends had a bad experience in the past. He bought a name without an independent appraisal for big bucks in order to resell it. But he could not resell it even for the same money.

I prefer appraisals from www.GreatDomains.com (premium service only) or www.AllForDomains.com. Theses sites were recommended by my friend.

I don't want to risk. My final offer will depened on the independent appraisal.

I also prefer to use www.escrow.com to secure transactions.

E-mail 2

Thank your for your ad. I'm a serious buyer and I'm really
interested in your domains.

Let's discuss the price. At first, I need appraisal certificates for
e01.com
Xthing.com
world.cc
u100.com
j100.com

I must feel comfortable with purchase and I must see their real value. I can offer you a good price but I cannot afford to buy something that
does not have good market value.

I trust the following domain appraisers: www.AllForDomains.com, www.GreatDomains.com

I also prefer to use www.escrow.com to secure transactions.

Thank you,

If I say I will use GD appraisal service, they will say:
"But you should order their premium service. I don't trust their fast appraisals. If it's expensive (greatdomains charges $75 per premium appraisal) you can use AllForDomains.com."

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:)

M

Mik

hehe those emails are funny, almost as good as listening to mlm merchants. I should sign up so I can get some funny emails like that for some of the bad names I have :D Then I can jack up the price saying I have potential buyers already.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mik
hehe those emails are funny, almost as good as listening to mlm merchants. I should sign up so I can get some funny emails like that for some of the bad names I have :D Then I can jack up the price saying I have potential buyers already.

I think that's the name of the game, Mik. You win, they win.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators