Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Countdown of L-L.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Down to 237 left:

Code:
a-q.ca
a-x.ca
b-q.ca
b-u.ca
b-x.ca
b-y.ca
c-q.ca
c-y.ca
c-z.ca
d-k.ca
d-q.ca
d-w.ca
d-y.ca
d-z.ca
f-j.ca
f-q.ca
f-v.ca
f-y.ca
f-z.ca
g-j.ca
g-k.ca
g-q.ca
g-u.ca
g-v.ca
g-w.ca
g-x.ca
g-y.ca
g-z.ca
h-k.ca
h-q.ca
h-v.ca
h-x.ca
h-y.ca
h-z.ca
i-k.ca
i-y.ca
i-z.ca
j-b.ca
j-d.ca
j-e.ca
j-g.ca
j-h.ca
j-i.ca
j-l.ca
j-m.ca
j-n.ca
j-o.ca
j-q.ca
j-u.ca
j-x.ca
j-y.ca
j-z.ca
k-b.ca
k-d.ca
k-f.ca
k-g.ca
k-h.ca
k-j.ca
k-l.ca
k-m.ca
k-n.ca
k-p.ca
k-q.ca
k-r.ca
k-s.ca
k-t.ca
k-u.ca
k-v.ca
k-x.ca
k-z.ca
l-j.ca
l-k.ca
l-q.ca
l-u.ca
l-v.ca
l-x.ca
l-y.ca
l-z.ca
m-q.ca
m-u.ca
m-v.ca
m-z.ca
n-j.ca
n-k.ca
n-q.ca
n-v.ca
n-w.ca
n-x.ca
n-z.ca
o-q.ca
o-u.ca
o-v.ca
o-x.ca
o-y.ca
o-z.ca
p-u.ca
p-v.ca
p-x.ca
p-y.ca
p-z.ca
q-b.ca
q-d.ca
q-e.ca
q-f.ca
q-g.ca
q-h.ca
q-j.ca
q-l.ca
q-m.ca
q-n.ca
q-o.ca
q-p.ca
q-s.ca
q-t.ca
q-u.ca
q-v.ca
q-w.ca
q-x.ca
q-y.ca
q-z.ca
r-j.ca
r-q.ca
r-w.ca
r-y.ca
r-z.ca
s-j.ca
s-v.ca
s-y.ca
s-z.ca
t-q.ca
t-u.ca
t-y.ca
t-z.ca
u-b.ca
u-d.ca
u-e.ca
u-f.ca
u-h.ca
u-j.ca
u-l.ca
u-m.ca
u-o.ca
u-q.ca
u-r.ca
u-t.ca
u-w.ca
u-x.ca
u-y.ca
u-z.ca
v-d.ca
v-f.ca
v-h.ca
v-j.ca
v-k.ca
v-l.ca
v-n.ca
v-o.ca
v-q.ca
v-x.ca
v-y.ca
v-z.ca
w-a.ca
w-d.ca
w-f.ca
w-g.ca
w-h.ca
w-k.ca
w-l.ca
w-o.ca
w-p.ca
w-q.ca
w-r.ca
w-s.ca
w-t.ca
w-v.ca
w-x.ca
w-y.ca
w-z.ca
x-b.ca
x-d.ca
x-e.ca
x-f.ca
x-g.ca
x-h.ca
x-i.ca
x-j.ca
x-k.ca
x-l.ca
x-n.ca
x-p.ca
x-q.ca
x-s.ca
x-u.ca
x-w.ca
x-y.ca
x-z.ca
y-b.ca
y-c.ca
y-d.ca
y-e.ca
y-f.ca
y-g.ca
y-h.ca
y-i.ca
y-j.ca
y-k.ca
y-l.ca
y-m.ca
y-n.ca
y-p.ca
y-q.ca
y-r.ca
y-s.ca
y-v.ca
y-w.ca
y-x.ca
y-z.ca
z-b.ca
z-c.ca
z-e.ca
z-f.ca
z-h.ca
z-i.ca
z-j.ca
z-k.ca
z-l.ca
z-m.ca
z-n.ca
z-o.ca
z-p.ca
z-q.ca
z-r.ca
z-u.ca
z-v.ca
z-w.ca
z-x.ca
z-y.ca

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be a long countdown, but I do own some myself.

I think they are a less expensive alternative to a LL.ca if you want a two letter domain for your initials, business, etc. Plus, L-L is gone in most extensions, it will happen to .ca too eventually.

Thanks for the scan!

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!
I have been holding a few handfuls for the past two years along with a few L-L-L.ca words.
Would be nice to see these go the way of the LLL/LL.ca and NNN/NN.ca.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own I think 5-6 L-L.ca :D I doubt they'll go fast but saves those looking to run them :D

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just checked, 273 available, out of 676
Many premiums too. When do you think they'll have some reseller value like LLL.ca?

A very long time. I have little reseller confidence in any domains with a hyphen in it. I may be in the minority who think that a domain with a hyphen in it is just fluff but I feel strongly about it. The population of Canada would need to hit 5 times what it is now to completely deplete all the other possible choices. I've been seeing many marketing efforts using a 3 worder or even "common" saying or even an entire slogan to exhibit their online presence.

As a surfer, I'd type in something else just to avoid looking up to hit the - between words.

Kevin.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A very long time. I have little reseller confidence in any domains with a hyphen in it. I may be in the minority who think that a domain with a hyphen in it is just fluff but I feel strongly about it. The population of Canada would need to hit 5 times what it is now to completely deplete all the other possible choices. I've been seeing many marketing efforts using a 3 worder or even "common" saying or even an entire slogan to exhibit their online presence.

As a surfer, I'd type in something else just to avoid looking up to hit the - between words.

Kevin.

Kevin, I'm with you on the hyphens, I think they are ugly.
But if we look at .com's LLL.com's are worth about 2 times more than L-L.com. So I think it makes sense to expect similar dependant prices for L-L.ca and LLL.ca. And LLL.ca are now selling for low $xxx in snap.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are any of those registered L-L.ca's in actual use right now? I did a scan awhile back, and from what I remember, of those registered at the time, those that weren't owned by domainers, were being used for personal home pages, etc...

Ultimately, it's potential business use that's, going to determine the resale value, and with that, I'd have to agree with Kevin...

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From what I've found:

m-x.ca mentioned in another thread, montreal exchange.
k-y.ca :D

full list of developed L-L.ca's

m-x.ca mentioned in another thread, montreal exchange.
k-y.ca KY Jelly Makers
m-t.ca Modtronic Instruments
a-w.ca Personal Graphic Developer site
h-t.ca Chartered Accountants
j-f.ca Child Care Services
j-k.ca Personal Page
p-j.ca Translation / Interpretation Company
e-n.ca French e-commerce site
j-a.ca Personal site
j-p.ca Personal site
k-i.ca Keats Island Events
k-o.ca Personal Graphic Design
l-m.ca Lespérance & Martineau ( Patents and Trademarks )
m-y.ca Process Industry Supplier
p-h.ca Personal Page
z-d.ca Custom Furniture And Millworking
z-s.ca Hosting Company

Looks like the majority of Developed L-L.ca are end user companies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin, I'm with you on the hyphens, I think they are ugly.
But if we look at .com's LLL.com's are worth about 2 times more than L-L.com. So I think it makes sense to expect similar dependant prices for L-L.ca and LLL.ca. And LLL.ca are now selling for low $xxx in snap.

It can happen, but it isnt a solid investment in my opinion. The value of the dot coms are moe than likely domainers speculating increase in value. With all the domainers out there these days I can safely assume these are un-educated assesments.

I've been wrong before so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Kevin.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like L-L.ca's and think buying and holding some is a good idea.

Domains with hyphens are used by end-users, so that's all that matters. They are short and good to use for two letter acronyms as you can see in the list above. The public knows what a hyphen is. They aren't geo specific so can be used anywhere in Canada for any acronym that fits the letters.

With hyphens you have to force yourself not to think like a domainer. Solid two word terms with a hyphen, and good L-L and L-L-L are ok with .ca

It was pointed out above that generally L-L.com are about half the price of LLL.com, and there are only 676 of them. LL.ca go for 2k to 10k+ now, and I think L-L.ca are a good alternative that we see some end-users building sites on right now. Many businesses have two letter acronyms, give me almost any two letters and I can come up with some two word term for them.

L-L is gone in all top extensions, and many country code too.

Even if you hate the hyphen, I'd say close your eyes and reg a few L-L.ca and tuck them away. They'll probably all go this year. N-N too.

All above is just IMHO.

L-L-L even has potential, look at www.g-p-s.ca

LL.ca NN.ca gone
LLL.ca NNN.ca gone
Next logical to go is L-L

Forgot to add, they make good initials for a personal vanity domain. And everyone has two initials in their name.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, hyphen/dash domains are terrible, last ditch regs for someone that can't find a half-decent alternative. Having said that, it may be possible that down the road, a L-L or N-N domain may be all that's left and worth quite a bit to an end user. I have racked my brain to think if I have ever typed in a hypenated URL, and I honestly can't think of a time. As someone mentioned, just finding the hyphen on the keyboard can be a struggle for most.

Finally a true story; have to change the name for privacy purposes as we are still negotiating on this one. A client of ours owns a domain in the travel industry; lets call it abctravel.ca. About 6 months ago, big traffic started coming to the site out of nowhere (200 visitors a day). It turns out that someone launched and started marketing abc-travel.ca. As a courtesy, an email was sent to inform abc-travel.ca that all this traffic was mistakenly coming to abctravel.ca. It turns out, their ad agency put our material without the dash. They offered to buy abctravel.ca for $50. Our client would only consider an offer in the $xxxx range. Traffic continues to pour in, and they have only raised their offer to $75. Obviously, they are not getting very good advice!

That's my hyphen story.

Jen

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love the hyphen/dash debate on domains. Some domainers will buy them and some domainers just hate them.

If end-users weren't using dash domains I'd have my doubts too, but that's not the case.

Just bought s-d last night, it dropped a few weeks ago and has been sitting there, one of the better ones available I thought.

Of the L-L I have, a few get some type in, even a N-L I have gets some type in. The trick is to know what the people are looking for. Some days a bunch of them get hits, I just assume it's another domainer checking on names.

A client of ours owns a domain in the travel industry; lets call it abctravel.ca. About 6 months ago, big traffic started coming to the site out of nowhere (200 visitors a day). It turns out that someone launched and started marketing abc-travel.ca.

Similar things can happen with a .com or .ca domain if the advertising screws up. In this case, if the dash had been in the advertising the diverted traffic might have been less.

I see a lot of arguments like this, about how if you don't have a .com, or you have a dash, you lose traffic. I think if people type the name in wrong and don't get to where they expect, they go back and check the url to type it in properly. So the traffic isn't really 'lost'.

Even MySpace.com loses traffic to Mypace.com
Or Google.com loses to Goggle.com

No matter what the domain there will always be some mistyping.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Down to 237 left almost 40 went this week :D

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll sit this one out.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When they start going like this the better letters go first, then it kind of slows down when the crappy letters remain. You can already look through the scan and see what kind of names are in the bottom third. Though I still think there are some good ones left on that list.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree theres more then a couple I like on that list... I just have enough 5 yr names as it is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom