Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cowboys.com meant to bid ONLY $275 instead of $275,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Hope for seller not true.

I asked before, although great name and an obvious BIG enduser potential.
who's the other potential enduser though? Is there 2?

Anyone would love the name, but i'm talking being prepred to pay telephone numbers.
Cos if this is true (which is still in rumour control) the seller must be gutted.

Domain Summit 2024

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to poorly handled to have a "mis-understanding" like this take place IMHO. Buyer is obviously full of sh!t and trying to pull a fast one. If I were the seller I would be a little annoyed that this sort of behaviour was being tolerated.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Roger that.

Only a rumour still though isn't it?

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope for seller not true.

I asked before, although great name and an obvious BIG enduser potential.
who's the other potential enduser though? Is there 2?

Anyone would love the name, but i'm talking being prepred to pay telephone numbers.
Cos if this is true (which is still in rumour control) the seller must be gutted.

Hey Pred,

Respectful of your opinion, but let's see how it plays out. Very well could be a shill bid.

However, I would not put it past the Cowboys, seeing that they they were the sole bidder, to try to force a better deal. They are well versed in this tactic when negotiating with players.

Like I said before, I don't think all is said and done here. Grab your popcorn, and get a comfy position for the 4th quarter.

SoCalBoy

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
afterall....Jerry Jones is one shrewd...tough....s.o.b.....businessman!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Because this was a phone-in bid, I'm not sure if it was contractual or not. Well have to wait and see until more details come out... If I was the seller though, I would be doing everything I could to get media attention on this, they gobble this kind of stuff up all the time....

275K is a fair price for the domain, if they dont grab it now, they may never get it again.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because this was a phone-in bid, I'm not sure if it was contractual or not. Well have to wait and see until more details come out... If I was the seller though, I would be doing everything I could to get media attention on this, they gobble this kind of stuff up all the time....

275K is a fair price for the domain, if they dont grab it now, they may never get it again.

I agree about the media attention, there is no such thing as bad press, especially when it comes to a domain name...

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe Pres. Bush was the bidder.. In a plan to thwart terror by using the domain as a top secret form for Texas rangers and the sort. Ya know ???

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing the Dallas Cowboys will let this one go to someone else. Perhaps they are just trying to leverage a lower price after the fact.

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monty has confirmed on another forum that the Cowboy's attorney told him he thought it was $275.00
Crazy stuff.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monty has confirmed on another forum that the Cowboy's attorney told him he thought it was $275.00
Crazy stuff.

That is insane, surely they would have a good idea as to the value of this domain...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well whoever is responsible on the dallas cowboys side.........
whoever the 'key negotiator' is LOL wants to be collecting his cards and his coat today.
they are gonna look complete idiots.

question is. whoever was chosen to be the negotiator, even if they have no knowledge of the domain industry and market (which in itself would be strange) , surely they would have done a 5 minute recce on the net to get some idea of market forces?

also, how did they find out about the name in first place?

hope they are not thinking of this as a prelim to a reverse hijacking,
the dirty biatches :eek:

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even at 275K, its still a good deal.
Didn't they just get a new $1B stadium?
http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/
Cowboys are many things, including but not limited to, grown men playing a kids game in Texas.
I'd rather Oklahoma State acqure it, or even a beef company.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought $275K was a steal for Jerry Jones....

I would have kept this one until I got a 7 figure sale .....from Jerry.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My God...now we need instant replay and slow mo and multiple camera shots and angles for a domain auction.

Who threw the red flag on this? Will the call stand? Will the referee's decision be reversed? Was he out of bounds? Did he have control of it before his jaw hit the ground?

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I want this to go on public record here and now for all the world to see...I am officially the unknown "second" bidder, and I will not back out of my bid of $27,500, yes there are no misunderstands here my friend... Please push the domain to my account after payment....

:second::peace::phone::caked::pop2:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This should be a well publicized story, and maybe this could be a wake up call to big companies who are ignorant about the domain industry and are content on making these lowball offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators