Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cowboys.com meant to bid ONLY $275 instead of $275,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I want this to go on public record here and now for all the world to see...I am officially the unknown "second" bidder, and I will not back out of my bid of $27,500, yes there are no misunderstands here my friend... Please push the domain to my account after payment....

:second::peace::phone::caked::pop2:
Haha, I'm sure there was a much higher reserve than that on the domain anyways.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My guess would be it was Michael Irvin on another crack high.

So based on previous dumbass comments and "no-contest" pleas, I can see where this idiot would call in.

Problem was, he thought he was buying and just bought the Cowboys, not the domain name, for a grand sum of $275.00.

Folks, I can't make this crap up.

Michael Irvin Says Tony Romo's Athleticism Is Due to Black Ancestry
Michael David Smith
Posted Nov 22nd 2006 11:33AM by Michael David Smith
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/cate...tony-romos-athleticism-is-due-to-black-ances/

On Dan Patrick's radio show on Monday, ESPN analyst Michael Irvin was discussing what he sees as the great upside of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. About three and a half minutes into his appearance on the show, Irvin said Romo is a good athlete, then suggested that must mean he has an ancestor who is black.

"He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Patrick tried to suggest to Irvin that he shouldn't go there, but Irvin was having none of it, continuing:

"If great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma pulled one of them studs up out of the barn, 'Come on in here for a second,' you know, and they go out and work in the yard. You know, back in the day."

I don't particularly enjoy watching Irvin on ESPN, but I also don't think he's as bad a guy as he's often made out to be. His well-documented legal problems seem to be behind him, and that picture you see of Irvin at a benefit for the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis shows a side of him that most fans haven't seen.

Having said all that, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard much of anything about these comments. Although Pro Football Talk has mentioned this, a Google News search shows that no mainstream media outlet has. Given that racially insensitive remarks usually create a media feeding frenzy, doesn't that strike you as strange?

------------------------------------------------
So there you have it. Words of wisdom from a living Hall of Fame member.

Pay up, Michael.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe this could be a wake up call to big companies who are ignorant about the domain industry.

I certainly hope so, I find it hard to believe this offer came from the marketing dept, they cant possibly be this ignorant about domain valuation...I'll bet someone outside marketing phoned in the offer.

Regardless, they should do the right thing and buy the domain @ 275K, if they don't, this may very well snowball on them if the media gets a hold of it.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bet you the bidder was T.O..he always talks trash and cant back it up...
Go Pats !

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just when you thought you heard everything, this story comes along! lol

The cowboys buyer has to be a total ass! Didn't they see/hear the "Bid Range" or was the Bid Range never mentioned over the phone?

Well, we know now that everything needs to be spelled out to a T.

275 can be taken several ways. $2.75, $275.00, $275,000 but some of the blame could be going on the Phone Seller. He might of never said the word Thousand after saying 275.

Two Hundred Seventy-Five Thousand Dollars and 00/100 ----- $275,000.00 :yes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's the lamest excuse I've seen in order to retract a bid.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"No, no, no T.O. We didn't mean 10 million a year, we meant 10 thousand. Come on now, you know weve been saving up for a domain name."

"10 Million a year, damn T.O. you are a funny bastard."

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hahhaha!
this is a silly excuse

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The owner of Cowboys.com should try and sell Cowboys.com to the rivals of the Dallas Cowboys.

Imagine the Packers owning Cowboys.com or even the Redskins owning Cowboys.com....In turn, the Packers could put highlight videos of Brett Favre tearing it up against the Cowboys.

The Packers or Redskins owning Cowboys.com would be just desserts, attract continual national attention, and it would be forever humiliating to the Cowboys :)

Michael

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are two bids in Silent right now, currently at $302,500

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The owner of Cowboys.com should try and sell Cowboys.com to the rivals of the Dallas Cowboys.

Imagine the Packers owning Cowboys.com or even the Redskins owning Cowboys.com....In turn, the Packers could put highlight videos of Brett Favre tearing it up against the Cowboys.

The Packers or Redskins owning Cowboys.com would be just desserts, attract continual national attention, and it would be forever humiliating to the Cowboys :)

Michael
I would be all for that. Imagine the hilarity and the funny stuff that would be posted.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'll sell CowDudes.com for $275!!!!:yes:

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If this is all true the cowboys need to clear out some room in their marketing division and refocus that money to common sense acquisitions liking buying the exact name that represents their organization. I almost cant understand this level of stupidity.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What kind of Ed-jew-mah-kay-shion do they have in Texas? Oh wait...we already know. Look at the prezident.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cowboys.com 3 $ 332,750.00 2 hours left

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember Angels.com? Maybe they will do what the California Angels did and attempt a reverse hijacking, so they can get the name on the cheap.... What is it about domains that brings out the cheapness in these huge organizations?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Um, could it be there might be someone that would want to take advantage of a guy with deep pockets?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators