Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert when it comes to selling adspace (or anything else for that matter), but I have been told that I can sell banner space for about $3 CPM. This sounds too good to believe because on the first week my site, www.ratemymates.net is now recieving over 3000 impressions per day ( a part from today where the servers are down :mad: ).

Where could I sell my traffic and what prices could I expect for it?
I currently use adsense and I am generating some profit because of that, but I have been told that I can expect more.

If you have been lucky enough to actually see the site (poor servers, buying some reliable dedicated ones as I type :goofy: ), the banners are placed right under where everybody clicks (where they give their ratings)... is this worth anything either??

thanks, dazed and confused,
hotdog

Domain Days 2024

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$3 is quite a bit though it really depends on the banner size and location on the page. If it is a large skyscraper and you are only serving to unique impressions then $3 is probably right.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does $2 or $2.50 sound good for ratemymates, heres the details...
- targetted at late teens and young adults
- banner ad directly under most viewed part of the page
- 400*? pixels

I cant really show you anything because the server is down, I have just bought a new dedicated server which is being installed right now... hopefully in the morning i could actually show you what I mean :(

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the industry so I am not qualified to say what it is worth. Considering a CTR of .1 - .5% one could expect 1 to 5 clicks per 1000 impressions so at $2 CPM they would be paying 40 cents to $1 per click. CTR could be higher depending on the location of the creative and how well it is presented.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For a rating site I think the traffic quality is quite poor.

Maybe 50 cents to $1.5 CPM.

Webmaster traffic however is pretty valuable, some charge over $15CPM (WebHostingTalk).

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And being forums based (WHT) they must rake it in!

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think it is better to start monthly rate 1st and guarantee like 100,000 impression monthly. when you think it is successful, then charge by cpm.

OzTheory

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might be better off putting the banner just above the picture, just me though. They're more likely to look at the picture than the little radio buttons.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
skylight said:
i think it is better to start monthly rate 1st and guarantee like 100,000 impression monthly. when you think it is successful, then charge by cpm.

i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom