• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Curious - Godaddy parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
3,987
Reaction score
16
Just curious, why would any of us want to use Godaddy's parking program when you have to pay to use it. Am I missing something? Seriously, I think I'm slow. Why do I want to pay $24.99 a month to recieve 80% of the revenue when I can park for free elsewhere? has anyone tried it, are you making more? Glad to hear thoughts and opinions. Cheers.

Acro
 
If you make more paying $24.95 per month and getting 80 percent then you would paying nothing and getting a lesser percentage....that would be the reason. Someone would have to try and then compare. Lots of Go-Daddy customers are new to the business so it is a good way to plunder them.

People who attempt to make money without the requisite knowldege deserve to get plundered anyway. That's the price they end up paying for the knowledge that they should have had in the first place.
 
not going to work....:greenembarrassed:
 
I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. If you have a domain currently earning $200 per month at 50% rev share and you could increase that to $320 minus $24.95, you will come out way ahead.

Take the idea a step further to a $75 flat fee, you keep all the revenue. The company that offers this could lock up all the best revenue generating domains and leave only the scraps for the other companies to fight over.

At first it seems like a silly idea but for high revenue domains it could work out very nicely for the owners. I would like to hear from someone who has tried it and find out how the RPC compares to other companies.
 
Duckinla said:
I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. If you have a domain currently earning $200 per month at 50% rev share and you could increase that to $320 minus $24.95, you will come out way ahead.

Take the idea a step further to a $75 flat fee, you keep all the revenue. The company that offers this could lock up all the best revenue generating domains and leave only the scraps for the other companies to fight over.

At first it seems like a silly idea but for high revenue domains it could work out very nicely for the owners. I would like to hear from someone who has tried it and find out how the RPC compares to other companies.

Yeah, but the dirty little secret is that over 90 percent of people's portfolios don't really make that much in PPC. Most people would have more money if they were paid 10 cents for every time they checked their stats at the parking company.

It almost goes without saying that if a name is doing well with PPC then it could be doing a lot better in a good affiliate program...or with development.
 
It almost goes without saying that if a name is doing well with PPC then it could be doing a lot better in a good affiliate program...or with development.

I don't think I could completely agree with that. Only in the cases of Low traffic, very low CTR or low RPC. Parked sites are very goal oriented and tend to have a much higher advertiser CTR than the average developed site.
 
I think the GD idea is great. It keeps the crap out of his parking program.
 
labrocca said:
I think the GD idea is great. It keeps the crap out of his parking program.

On paper its a great idea...but I would love to see how well this works in practice.

Maybe Howard from PPCIncome.com can test it out for us?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom